The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Protecting/storing decks of cards

73 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hedge

arenson9 wrote:
After playing this morning, my sister was struggling with getting all of the rubber-banded decks and a pile of dice in to Nephew Eric's SotM box when she hit upon the idea of using these small, plastic, ziploc-like bags that she had on hand. They're _just_ big enough for a hero deck (you have to work a little bit to get cards in and out). She and her daughter have been using them for holding craft items like beads, I think. She buys them in bulk and plans to get some more and mail me 18 of them to use with my game.

You could just go to Walmart and Buy some. they have them in the craft section.

Hedge

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I'm currently am working on the tuck box method, I just need to go to Wal-mart to get some thicker paper, which I will be going tonight, since I spend five nights a week there anyways (I work there, not a shopaholic). Then my wife will do some custom art on them to make them look all spiffy and what-not. Can't wait until the project gets completed so I can share it all.

Also, trying to convince her to draw Citizen Summer in a bikini on the bottom of the tuckbox, sure hope she'll go through with it.

Tamar

Ronway wrote:
Also, trying to convince her to draw Citizen Summer in a bikini on the bottom of the tuckbox, sure hope she'll go through with it.

Only if she also does Baron Blade cavorting on the beach for his deck box :P

I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself.
I take the words. I scatter them in time... and space.
A message to lead myself here.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I may consider it, but my wife has the final say in everything she draws. And I can't do anything about it since I don't have the artistic touch.

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Tamar wrote:

Ronway wrote:

And Omnitron in a sun dress!

See the way my body's glowing? Yeah, a lot of people can't do that.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Listen, Omnitron has a wide selection of sun dresses which are quite comfortable and stylish.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Tamar

WriterRyan wrote:

Tamar wrote:

Ronway wrote:

And Omnitron in a sun dress!

Adam are you paying attention for the swimsuit calendar that EVERYONE (read: probably only me) wants you to draw?  You know, in all your spare time from drawing other new stuff for the actual game.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I kinda want Voss in a mini skirt and tube top, I think it will be stylish. I just hope she doesn't lose interest before finishing them all, or else i'll have some look really fancy and the others with my poor hand writing just with their names on it.

I too want a SofM swimsuit calander. Tears has already got my sweating all over the blood soaked bandage to see her rocking her swimwear out.

Tamar

I would for reals pay money for a calendar like that, provided everyone is equally cheese/beefcakey. 

I have a bizarre love for  the really terrible old school marvel swimsuit comics.
What 
are 
these? 

I don't 
even 
know! 

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Blah... Company firewall blocks the fourth link.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Trust me, you're not missing out on anything on that one. No female super heroes involved...

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

:(

Adam
Adam's picture
Admin

The Namor one wins most bizarre. Swimsuit pinups should aspire to be sexy, not macabre. The idea of Bunker or Absolute Zero in swimsuit pinups is funny to me, and every bit as effective as the speedo-clad Cable (On which - he always seemed more of a trunks guy to me.).

Tamar

WriterRyan wrote:
:(

So hard you sat down?  :P

Tamar

TheJayMann wrote:
Blah... Company firewall blocks the fourth link.

Just for the record:  It's a rear shoulder to thigh picture of a comically hilariously over muscled Luke Cage (according to the caption) wearing just cut-off jean shorts that are only just barely long enough to not be called daisy dukes.  If you're generous.

Because I know you wanted THAT mental image floating around your head!

Adam
Adam's picture
Admin

Don't forget to mention the thick chain breaking dramatically around his back.

poorlydesigned

LOL!  This is hilarious!

But back to storage...  I'm putting the finishing touches on this right now:

http://yfrog.com/h6ne8zwj

It's a dice tower.  I'm thinking I might try making a wooden box for my SotM cards next with dividers for each card type.  So the cards would sit in the box just like a standard cardboard card box.  Only it's a little fancier.  :)

On a different note, you guys said you went with the box you did to keep the price down.  THANK YOU!  I don't think anyone on here is talking about this because they feel like you made a bad choice.  Personally, I think that was absolutely the best option.  The reason everyone on here is talking about it so much is that they love your game and want to be able to play it easily and often, and keep it from getting worn out.

Yay!

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

So, I took some (very hi-res) artwork off the website, and applied it to the 42 card tuckbox template I had created.  While it's not perfect (as the artwork wasn't designed specifically for a tuckbox) it should look decent.  If built correctly, it's designed to hold exactly 42 cards (might be tight the first couple times you use it, but it should loosen up a bit after enough use), and uses Legacy artwork (it's designed to hold a 40 card Legacy deck plus two Legacy character cards).  I'm not able to test it right now, due to lack of access to a decent color printer with decent thick paper.  Hopefull someone can try this out and see how well it works.  If I get enough decent feedback, I may just make all eighteen decks (or at least the eleven I can make right now).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1vtbly9zd6fed4a/42-card-templeted-tuckbox.pdf

Make sure if you use a duplex that you instruct to flip on the short end; flipping on the long end will result in only part of the image on the cutout upside-down.  If you don't have a duplex printer, make a small mark on the bottom left corner face-up and print the first page only.  Then, take the printed paper, rearrange so that the mark you made is now on the top left corner face-down and print the second page only.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

lnastudillo

Looking at what the folks with the Ascension game did, Selling a box with game art and enough sleeves for all the cards,  I think it would be good to do something like it But then again Ascension has hardly one third of the cards this game does.

http://www.amazon.com/Ascension-Box-and-Sleeve-Combo/dp/B004D7WUOK/ref=s...

they also sell additional sleeves in packs of 50.

This game would need at least 600 sleeves, and it would be best if they were clear, which would be cheaper to make and easy for players to separate decks after play, the only problem I foresee
is the price point, a box of 100 good sleeves sells for roughly 10 at a FLGS, to make it viable for players  the box and sleeves would have to sell for roughly 25 - 30  bucks but that is no guarantee that people will buy it, a poll may help you guys figure out how much players are willing to spend on a storage box,  maybe with or without sleeves.

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

It may be worth noting that the demo copies have now survived 3 conventions...

evandan457

I know everyone has been asking about the expansions and when they're coming out, but how are these new expansions going to be boxed? Will they have their own separate boxes like the original game? I wouldn't mind that so long as the expansion boxes can perfectly fit the boxes from 52 playing card decks I use to store my cards...

I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I honestly don't know, but I imagine it will end up being a narrower version of the current box. Kinda like the smaller Arkham Horror expansions.

Pages