The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Promo Infinitor questions about destruction

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
LevelUpLeo
LevelUpLeo's picture
Promo Infinitor questions about destruction

I just played a game with the new Heroic Infinitor promo that came with the large cards. My question might be simple, but I've been going back and forth on it: When a card is moved under Infinitor, is it "Destroyed"? In other words, would cards like the Ocular Swarm trigger their effects if Infinitor punches out one of the Manifestations and moves it under his card?

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

They are not destroyed, so anything that would trigger on their destruction would not do so.

LevelUpLeo
LevelUpLeo's picture

Right, so that brings up another question. Infinitor's card says that when there are no Manifestation cards "in play", Heroes win. I take it that the cards under Infinitor no longer count as "in play"? Nothing says to flip them face down, but I assume cards under cards also lose their key words much like facedown cards do?

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Cards under other cards have no text.  Once they go under Infintor they are just villain cards.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Cards under other cards no longer have text. They will still be in play, but will no longer be counted as Manifestations.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

Cards under other cards have no text.  Once they go under Infintor they are just villain cards.  

Ronway wrote:

Cards under other cards no longer have text. They will still be in play, but will no longer be counted as Manifestations.

I can repeat things too!

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Powerhound_2000

I'm well aware based on the steam forums.  cheeky

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

I can repeat things too!

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

Which makes Ocular Swarm harmless on his hero side! Hooray!

Steam Username: General Specific

You gotta know when to hold 'em,
Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

LevelUpLeo
LevelUpLeo's picture

Killswitch wrote:

Which makes Ocular Swarm harmless on his hero side! Hooray!

Which is one of the two cards I was asking for. The other one being Whispers of Oblivion, which can win you the game if all the Manifestations are 1HP or lower. Normally, if they were destroyed, they'd all heal, so glad moving them doesn't count as destroying.

JimB
JimB's picture

So I just played Heroic Infinitor with Fanatic, and, um... "End of Days" is just an I-Win button for Heroic Infinitor, right? Just blammo, all done here, let's go to the Restaurant at the End of the Universe and see if the bartender knows how to make a Bahama mama?

Kupo.

Powerhound_2000

Nope.  All Manifestations are indestructible.   They only go under hero Infinitor when he deals them damage when they are at one health or less.  

JimB
JimB's picture

Powerhound_2000 wrote:
Nope.  All Manifestations are indestructible.

Of course! Thank you.

I still want a Bahama mama, though.

Kupo.

grim88

We played this tonight with Legacy, tempest, Scholar and Naturalist. It seemed very easy. Soon all Manifestations were out of the deck, but then he appears to endlessly loop through his oneshots. What did we do wrong?

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

One-shots don't get discarded until after their text is fully resolved. So, in the case of Infinitor, each One-Shot chains to another, and they all get played once, until his deck is empty.

If you thought it was easy, I'm suspicious there was something wrong--I had a pretty rough time of it.

grim88

Well, we had Legacy out with Inspiring Presence and Galvanize so when Infinitor would chain at least 2 '1 to all targets' cards, he'd destroy all Manifestations in play.

Back to the one shots, once call Manifestations are out of the deck, he'll basically play go through those one shots once on each turn, but only once?

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

grim88 wrote:
Back to the one shots, once call Manifestations are out of the deck, he'll basically play go through those one shots once on each turn, but only once?
Yes, that's right. Crazed Artifice will reveal cards and discard them; these will later get played. But each card will get played at most once.

I guess I'm still confused why you're not immediately winning when you got to this point, unless Infinitor had flipped.

grim88

Well, truth be told, we (I) forgot to boost Infinitor's damage with Legacy.  I think we would have one in just a few turns since Legacy started with IP and Tempest had Grievous Hail Storm.

That setup, had I remembered to boost Infinitor's damage seems to make it extremely easy. Even without it, once all manifestations were out of the deck, the perceived 'endless loop' of one shots seemed to cement the victory however. 

Clearly, I'll need to try him again as we did a few things wrong. I'm going to hop on Google+ later and see if anyone's interested.

MCPooge

I found the same thing to be true. If you can weather the first onslaughts of damage, he really isn't that hard. I like it though. It's a fun one.

drevilz4l
drevilz4l's picture
Playtester

I finally played against this guy last night. I have to say SkyScraper's Compulsion Canister's were insanely useful to winning this. In one turn I managed to play it 3 times which let Infinitor kill 3 of his constructs. That said Infinitor had like 4 health by the time it was over, but still a very fun and close game.