The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Promo Expansions

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture
Promo Expansions

Will there be any way to make some promos more availible some time in the future (like the dark watch characters, or GI bunker. The alternate character cards basically). Because all of the ones i've been able to find online are sickingly expensive. And you'd think that they would be able to produce them just as easily as any other card.

"A delayed game is eventually good. A rushed game is bad forever"

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Once they have completed Sentinels of the Multiverse they will release a unlimited print run of each promo, added them to a pack people can purchase.

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

eddie.cardenas wrote:

Will there be any way to make some promos more availible some time in the future (like the dark watch characters, or GI bunker. The alternate character cards basically). Because all of the ones i've been able to find online are sickingly expensive. And you'd think that they would be able to produce them just as easily as any other card.

They could easily produce them, but they like to keep the promos exclusive for the people who did the kickstarters/prereleases/special events/ect.

As Ronway said they plan to release a full promo pack in the future, if you can't wait check out the various artscow links around the forums and on the reddit page.  Or you could just scribble the abilities, hp and incaps on a piece of paper and use that instead.

waedens
Playtester

True, but I have been waiting three years now to get some of the promos so my advice would be grab any new promo that you can as they come out. It could be another 2 years to get the promos. Or you could bootleg them, but it is really not the same...

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

waedens wrote:

True, but I have been waiting three years now to get some of the promos so my advice would be grab any new promo that you can as they come out. It could be another 2 years to get the promos. Or you could bootleg them, but it is really not the same...

My bootlegged promos play the same, plus they have said that they plan to differentiate the promo pack cards from the original promos, probably with different artwork.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

bluedarky wrote:

My bootlegged promos play the same, plus they have said that they plan to differentiate the promo pack cards from the original promos, probably with different artwork.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for new artwork, I have heards they may just add the text "Unlimited" or something similar.

XXVZ
XXVZ's picture

Ronway wrote:

bluedarky wrote:

I wouldn't get your hopes up for new artwork, I have heards they may just add the text "Unlimited" or something similar.

Yeah, I was thinking they would just add a symbol or something just to show it's not the original version.

"72% of all statistics are made up"
-XXVZ

waedens
Playtester

What would be really cool would be if they released them as foil cards!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

No new art would be sad.  I would love to see Adam redraw some of the early art when this is all over, just for the contrast in style and quality of his work.  Plus I like pretty pictures.

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

So going off of this post. I've noticed the oversized villian cards have been sold out every time i check. Has it just been sold out for a while or am I just not checking frequently enough? Because if its the former, when will more be made, I would like to get my hands on them

"A delayed game is eventually good. A rushed game is bad forever"

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I'm pretty sure it's been sold out for a while.  Not sure when they will sell another set of them.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

My guess is soon after they catch a break from WotC shipping madness. I'd like to eventually have the oversized WotC villians.

Steam Username: General Specific

You gotta know when to hold 'em,
Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

They'll be coming! Just not quite yet.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!