The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Problems with Collector's Case

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
kithooo
Problems with Collector's Case

Just got my Oblivaeon shipment today. Very hype.

Sadly, my "Villains & Environment" drawer is well and truly stuck. I know everyone there is totally backed up and getting a response to an email will take weeks. I'm going to have to destroy the drawer to get it out. I've tried a hair dryer (it's gotta be glue at the back), a thin plastic paint stirrer down the sides. I've done everything I can think of.  The front of the drawer is already pretty jacked.

Does anyone know if they'll replace this? I mean, technically, I'm the one damaging it but I'm doing so because I have ZERO choice.  I'm also open to suggestions regarding another way to salvage this. I'm not joking when I say it's COMPLETELY stuck. It will wiggle ever so slightly in the drawer but won't move forward at all.

torian
Playtester

If it’s the glue in the back you can try using the hair dryer on the outside of the back of the box to try to loosen the glue holding the drawer on the inside. I wouldn’t hold out much hope though.

Good luck.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

torian wrote:
If it’s the glue in the back you can try using the hair dryer on the outside of the back of the box to try to loosen the glue holding the drawer on the inside. I wouldn’t hold out much hope though.
They said they already tried it.

Definitely contact GtG: this is the sort of thing they absolutely should replace. I haven't heard anything about the status of timing of that. In particular, I imagine they're getting more requests than expected, and don't know if they currently have enough stock in the US (besides being behind in e-mail, of course).

EDIT: Oops, just saw the latest Kickstarter update. There's a Google Doc form they want you to fill out.

kithooo

dpt wrote:

torian wrote:
EDIT: Oops, just saw the latest Kickstarter update. There's a Google Doc form they want you to fill out.

Thanks for this. I missed that portion of the update. I've filled that form in. Again, thanks a ton!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

You could also try to run something like a yardstick along the sides of the drawer to see if that breaks it loose. (My bet is it's in the back, but it's worth trying...)

Good luck! 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

carnilius
Playtester

My top drawer was stuck shut because the complexity guide was crammed in behind it.  I was finally able to get it out with a yard stick, but the complexity guide was in pretty bad shape.  Perhaps you have a similar situation?