The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Ponies of the Crochetverse

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies
Ponies of the Crochetverse

:(

Looks like I'll have to make my own pony. :(

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

Silverleaf wrote:

:(Looks like I'll have to make my own pony. :(

New project once you're done with the adorable Crochetinels?

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Ponies of the crochetverse?

I'm sure there is at least some amount of My Lottle Pony/SotM crossover fandom, and little Freedom 5 Ponies might be a thing.

My daughter would probably be really excited about that.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

I have to admit I've thought about it. After all, I did design a MLP crochet pattern last year.

The difficult bit would be deciding on the colours, and getting the cutie marks to look perfect.

Legacy - I guess white, blue mane/tail.

Tachyon - white, red mane/tail, those red rings on her legs.

Bunker - I'd add layers of plating to bulk him up, not sure how the mane/tail would work.

AZ - similar, what to do about the mane/tail?

Wraith - got to have some purple, don't know what other colours. Tricky.

Damn it, Ronway!

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

I actually have a Sentinels/MLP crossover fanfic floating around in my head. I'm not much of a writer, but I have a basic plot and some jokes.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

torian
Playtester

Silverleaf wrote:

I have to admit I've thought about it. After all, I did design a MLP crochet pattern last year.The difficult bit would be deciding on the colours, and getting the cutie marks to look perfect.Legacy - I guess white, blue mane/tail.Tachyon - white, red mane/tail, those red rings on her legs.Bunker - I'd add layers of plating to bulk him up, not sure how the mane/tail would work.AZ - similar, what to do about the mane/tail?Wraith - got to have some purple, don't know what other colours. Tricky. 

I'd have AZ with a black body with blue highlights and an electric blue mohawk mane and tail.

Wraith, not sure about the body, but her hoofs would be purple and she'd have white wraps going up her legs and a cape going over her mane (black).

Bunker is hard, but could you do occasional lines of 'bumps' (not sure how to describe it) to represent bolts? That way you could enschew a mane/tail altogether.

Also a quick suggestion about pony types. Legacy should be a pegasus. Tachyon and AZ should be unicorns. And Bunker and Wraith should be earth ponies.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

torian wrote:
Silverleaf wrote:
I have to admit I've thought about it. After all, I did design a MLP crochet pattern last year.The difficult bit would be deciding on the colours, and getting the cutie marks to look perfect.Legacy - I guess white, blue mane/tail.Tachyon - white, red mane/tail, those red rings on her legs.Bunker - I'd add layers of plating to bulk him up, not sure how the mane/tail would work.AZ - similar, what to do about the mane/tail?Wraith - got to have some purple, don't know what other colours. Tricky. 

I'd have AZ with a black body with blue highlights and an electric blue mohawk mane and tail.Wraith, not sure about the body, but her hoofs would be purple and she'd have white wraps going up her legs and a cape going over her mane (black).Bunker is hard, but could you do occasional lines of 'bumps' (not sure how to describe it) to represent bolts? That way you could enschew a mane/tail altogether. Also a quick suggestion about pony types. Legacy should be a pegasus. Tachyon and AZ should be unicorns. And Bunker and Wraith should be earth ponies.

Thanks, that's very helpful!

I think Wraith's cape would have to go around her neck because there just isn't a good way to fix a cape on a crocheted pony's head without the weight pulling the head down.

I totally have ideas about Bunker's armour and you're right, bolts would be cool and I can definitely do that. Likely little black dots because crocheting's already pretty bumpy so they'd need to be huge to stand out and that would look weird. A pony in a power suit is a fun idea!

I hadn't thought at all about pony types, so that's a fantastic suggestion. :)

Also, this might not actually happen, and if it does it will likely be a while before I find time to get started.

Damn it, Ronway!