The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Origins

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
rjc917
rjc917's picture
Playtester
Origins

Is anyone else here at Origins?
This is my first con and I finally got to meet Christopher in person!
[I tried to attach a picture here, but the file was too big.]
If anyone wants to create a gritty dramatization of the event, I thought of a great opening line:
"They say never to meet your heroes. But what about the man who created them?"

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

I'm here, running Cold Steel Wardens at 7pm.

Caught the GtG crew at the Big Bar on Tuesday!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

*sigh* I wish... frown

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

I'm at home in between weeks of a professional development workshop. The only reason I'm still up is waiting for laundry to finish.

Hoping that I can help one of the next couple years, though.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I was out there today to go through the exhibit hall but that’s all I’m going to do for Origins.  Got to say hi to Maggie and ran into Christopher who I was surprised recognized me at all.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I live less than 20 mins away. *sniff*

this is the fourth year in a row that I haven't been able to go to Origins. My excuse is good though - Newborn baby. SO.... yeah.

MAYBE NEXT YEAR.

Lynkfox.
http://sentinelswiki.com/ The Sentinels of the Multiverse Wiki

http://mindwanderer.net/sotm/ - SoTM Statistics! Updated DAILY!

PM me if you're interested in playing with the Statistics Data!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

It would be great to see you there next year, lynkfox! It's been a while! laugh (And yeah, I decided I was annoyed enough at not being able to go this year that I'm planning to go next year.) 

But yeah, kids are definitely a good reason not to make it. yes (Mind you, I don't think there's a bad reason not to make it -- there are just reasons. wink)

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

So how was everyone's Origins?  

What'd you do?  What'd you play?  What'd you eat?  What'd you buy?

As mentioned earlier, I spent most of my Origins running Cold Steel Wardens and the rpg I currently have in alpha, De Civitates Dei.  I did manage to play a few games:  a Quantum Black game (which uses the Ubiquity mechanics), an ICONS game, and a Savage Worlds Stargate game.  I had two others scheduled, but I was the only person to show for the first and my wife and I skipped the second in favor of some much-needed downtime.

I also had a pitch meeting with Indie Boards and Cards for a new card game I've been working on.  While the original person I'd been talking to wasn't particularly interested, the fellow he brought along (who happened to be their acquisitions manager) was really enamored with my design and wants to see more, as I continue playtesting.  Small victory, definitely!

I actually made a point to not buy anything this time around, as we've been trying to cut back on unnecessary spending.  I was tempted by a few items, but nothing blew me away to the point where I "had" to have it.  Was hoping that Green Ronin might possibly have Faces of Thedas in, but it's been pushed back until after GenCon.

While Columbus' storied North Market is always great, we always try to get to some of the new restaurants in the Short North.  The Eagle (north as you walk up High Street) may well have the best fried chicken I've ever eaten; get it with the white cheddar grits, which are just phenomenal.  The Flat Iron Bar & Diner (near the Red Roof) has a pretty solid pulled pork, but their jalapeno cornbread--which comes sliced like a massive piece of sheet cake, with a giant dollop of honey-butter like icing--really stole the show.  Other highlights included the massive quesadilla from Fuzzy's Taco Shop and the duck-fat frites from Taste of Belgium.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I only was there Friday and was going through the Exhibit Hall.   Bought myself a copy of Betrayal at Balder’s Gate.   Ran into Christopher and chatted for just a little bit.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31