The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Omnitron-U variant unlock

139 posts / 0 new
Last post
NethyR

Ohaidere. tl;dr at the end for you lazy types.

I'm the nerd running the Steam discussion on the unlock. Just noticed my account was approved, haha.

Anyway, thought I'd come and share some of the information from over there.

We're currently toying with the idea of a three game requirement, first against standard Omnitron, then against Omnitron-II, and then against whoever.

First game info:

We really don't know if it even is needed, but several players have commented about not getting the unlock until they faced off against standard Omnitron before doing a game against Cosmitron. I had toyed with the assumption that Slip Through Time was a required play during this game, but a player who unlocked Unitron (who admittedly could not share their game logs) commented that they did not use either Slip Through Time or Self Sabotage during this game, so it may be as simple as having Omnitron-X and/or Unity in this game.

Second game info:

Again, most people have not been sharing their logs of this game either, so it's all been speculation at best. However, there's a general consensus that Omnitron-X and Unity must be in the game, Omnitron-X must use at least Self Sabotage (and possibly Slip Through Time), and that he must be the only incapacitated hero at the end.

Third game info:

This one we more or less have hashed out. The general idea for this game is that Unity must be on the team, and Omnitron-X and Tachyon must not be on the team. Unity must have one of each of Modular Workbench, Volatile Parts, Scrap Metal, and possibly Construction Pylon IN PLAY (not just played and trashed) at the end of the game, and that Unity must play Robot Reclamation at least once. We also haven't seen a game where Unity has drawn less than 25 cards, so that may also be a factor.

Things that definitely don't matter:

Unity or her bots do not need to deal the final blow.

The heroes do not need to be at low health.

Having every kind of bot in play is not needed.

Doing anything special with Volatile Parts is not needed.

Recalling bots with Scrap Metal is not needed.

Playing any other one-shot than Robot Reclamation is not needed.

The villain and environment don't matter.

TL;DR version:

Not the exact condition (unless a minor edit makes me guess right), but this has helped people out.

First, defeat Omnitron with Omnitron-X and Unity on the team. Second, defeat Omnitron-II with Omnitron-X and Unity on the team. Omnitron-X must play Self Sabotage (and Slip Through Time?) at least once. Omnitron-X must be the only incapacitated hero. Then, defeat any villain in any environment with Unity and without Omnitron-X or Tachyon on the team. Unity must play Robot Reclamation at least once and end the game with at least one copy of Modular Workbench, Volatile Parts, (Construction Pylon?) and Scrap Metal in play.

Happy hunting, folks.

jorgenp

If we get a third installment to Res/U/rre/X/ion tomorrow, I think the 3-part unlock concept will be fully confirmed. 

Is there anything that needs testing, BTW?  I've been holding off on attempting to unlock Omnitron-U so I could help with some of the nitty gritty of the unlock.  I'm fairly certain I never had a battle where I've incapped Omnitron-X and still won the battle.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Since this is a pretty complicated unlock, we are going to confirm when a part of the unlock has been fully figured out. And one has!

Part of the unlock condition is: Then, defeat any villain with Unity and without Tachyon or Omnitron-X on the team. Construction Pylon, Modular Workbench, Scrap Metal, Supply Crate, and Volatile Parts must be in play. Robot Reclamation must be played at least once.

We'll do the usual Variant Files website update once all the parts have been figured out.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Good on us for figuring that one out. :D

NethyR

S'me again.

More info for the peoples who don't go to the Steam discussion.

Did some research on a pair of Cosmitron games, one my own and one from a pair of games that led to a successful unlock, and I turned up some interesting statistics. That said, we don't have many successful Cosmitron games to look through, so this information, while useful, is not from a large sample size.

-In both games, Omni-X died while at least one of each of his components were in the trash.

-In both games, one of each of all of Cosmitron's cards were in his trash.

-In one game, Self Sabotage destroyed one Omni-X component, while in the other, it destroyed 3 Cosmitron components.

-In both games, Reset was NOT played.

From this, and from the general concensus regarding this game, we can list some likely requirements for the Cosmitron game, in order from most likely to least likely:

-Omnitron-X must be the only incapacitated hero. (All unlockers have confirmed this to be a part of their game.)

-Self Sabotage must be played at least once. (All unlockers have confirmed this to be a part of their game.)

-At least one of each of Omnitron-X's Component cards (Electro-Deployment Unit, Gaussian Coil Blaster, Innervation Ray, Focused Plasma Cannon) must be in his trash before he dies.

-At least one of each of Omnitron-II's Ongoings* (Adaptive Plating Subroutine, Disintegration Beam, Interpolation Beam, Electro-Magnetic Railgun) must be in the villain trash at the end of the game.

-At least one of each of Omnitron-II's Devices* (S-83 Assault Drone, S-84 Automaton Drone, S-85 Repair Drone, Electro-Pulse Explosive) must be in the villain trash at the end of the game.

-At least one of each of Omnitron-II's One-Shots (Terraforming, Technological Singularity, Sedative Flechettes) must be in the villain trash at the end of the game.**

-Omnitron-X must not play Reset.***

*The reason I said Ongoings instead of Components is because of a failed Cosmitron game log we have where every single requirement listed above was met EXCEPT for having Adaptive Plating Subroutine in the trash. Mind you, he also didn't have Electro-Pulse Explosive in there, either, but I'm personally not yet sold on needing all the devices or drones in there just yet. Still, to cover my bases, I included it in the list as a possibility.

**Personally I just think it unlikely that villain one-shots are a thing that are needed for this unlock. Still, it happened, so it's in the list.

***I also think it's even less likely they'd restrict us from playing a particular card, but again, covering bases.

seesome
seesome's picture

MigrantP wrote:

Since this is a pretty complicated unlock, we are going to confirm when a part of the unlock has been fully figured out. And one has! Part of the unlock condition is: Then, defeat any villain with Unity and without Tachyon or Omnitron-X on the team. Construction Pylon, Modular Workbench, Scrap Metal, Supply Crate, and Volatile Parts must be in play. Robot Reclamation must be played at least once.We'll do the usual Variant Files website update once all the parts have been figured out.

Presumably, that should be "without a Tachyon or an Omnitron on the team" as I'd imagine you can't have any of the Tachyon variants on the team when the unlock is triggered and having Omnitron-U on the team wouldn't make sense either.  If that's correct, you might want to keep the wording consistent with the F6 unlocks in the Variant Files.

Time for some scientific action!
https://twitter.com/SeeSome

broccoli
broccoli's picture
Playtester

Okay, since we now know what we need for Game 3, I just got my unlock on Android.  My hypotheses for the other games are:

Game 1: Win a game with Omnitron-X and Unity against Omnitron in which Slip Through Time is played, no heroes are incapactiated and Omnitron-X deals the final blow to Omintron.

Game 2: Win a game against Cosmitron with Omnitron-X and Unity in which Singularity and Self-Sabotage are played.  Omnitron-X must be the only incapacitated hero.

"I'm not prone to hyperbole, but she is the Antichrist." - chwineka

The PayneTrayne
Playtester

Just unlocked my Omnitron-U; I completed using all three Weekly One-Shots. Game 1 I played a Slip Through Time, and finished Omnitron with Omnitron-X; all heroes active. In Game 2, I had a copy of each of Omnitron-X's equipments in his trash, played Singularity and Self-Sabotage once, along with a Slip Through Time. Omnitron-X was my only incapacitated hero. Game 3, played as described above.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

broccoli wrote:

Game 1: Win a game with Omnitron-X and Unity against Omnitron in which Slip Through Time is played, no heroes are incapactiated and Omnitron-X deals the final blow to Omintron.

Game 2: Win a game against Cosmitron with Omnitron-X and Unity in which Singularity and Self-Sabotage are played.  Omnitron-X must be the only incapacitated hero.

MigrantP wrote:

Then, defeat any villain with Unity and without Tachyon or Omnitron-X on the team. Construction Pylon, Modular Workbench, Scrap Metal, Supply Crate, and Volatile Parts must be in play. Robot Reclamation must be played at least once.

Using these, I just unlocked Omnitron-U. Don't know if the wording isn't quite right for broccoli's bit or if we're totally off and the unlocks are just happy accidents, but it works.

Edit: Forgot to add my screencap.

Bowie
Bowie's picture
Playtester

Using broccoli's guide, I also just unlocked it.

Bowie S, pronounced like David, not like Knife, can be found in Minneapolis and has Monomaniacal Reverse Engineer d10
Death and the dice level all distinctions. -Samuel Foote

robb8888

Another +1 for Broccoli's method -- screencaps attached:

(Yes, I did the final battle against Blade; don't judge me.)

Attachment(s): 
thrawn.kol
thrawn.kol's picture

Phantom5613 wrote:
broccoli wrote:
Game 1: Win a game with Omnitron-X and Unity against Omnitron in which Slip Through Time is played, no heroes are incapactiated and Omnitron-X deals the final blow to Omintron.Game 2: Win a game against Cosmitron with Omnitron-X and Unity in which Singularity and Self-Sabotage are played.  Omnitron-X must be the only incapacitated hero.

MigrantP wrote:
Then, defeat any villain with Unity and without Tachyon or Omnitron-X on the team. Construction Pylon, Modular Workbench, Scrap Metal, Supply Crate, and Volatile Parts must be in play. Robot Reclamation must be played at least once.

Using these, I just unlocked Omnitron-U. Don't know if the wording isn't quite right for broccoli's bit or if we're totally off and the unlocks are just happy accidents, but it works.Edit: Forgot to add my screencap.

To refine the search a little bit: I just unlocked Omni-U with this method, except Omni-X did not play Singularity in Game 2. Thus:

Defeat Omnitron with Omnitron-X and Unity on the team. Slip Through Time must be played, no heroes may be incapacitated, and Omnitron must be destroyed by Omnitron-X.

Then, defeat Cosmic Omnitron with Omnitron-X and Unity on the team. Self-Sabotage must be played and Omnitron-X must be the only incapacitated hero.

Then, defeat any villain with Unity without any variant of Tachyon or Omnitron-X on the team. Construction Pylon, Modular Workbench, Scrap Metal, Supply Crate, and Volatile Parts must be in play. Robot Reclamation must be played at least once.

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

I tried this TWICE and still  no luck with an unlock :(

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Still no luck.

Can anyone provide clues?

Like environemnt, hero order, advanced or not? I'm getting a little disheartened that this post is not active as much anymore. 

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

I always had Omnitron-X in the lead position.  Maybe that will help?

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

Omnitron-U doesn't need to be in the first position (in the first two games, I had Team Leader Tachyon in front to make sure he drew into the cards needed)

I'm pretty sure my next two positions in both games were Omni-X, followed by Unity

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I'm a tester for Handelabra so I can't help you since I know the conditions.

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Thanks!

I'll try this again

Defeat Omnitron with Omnitron-X and Unity on the team. Slip Through Time must be played, no heroes may be incapacitated, and Omnitron must be destroyed by Omnitron-X.

Then, defeat Cosmic Omnitron with Omnitron-X and Unity on the team. Self-Sabotage must be played and Omnitron-X must be the only incapacitated hero.

Then, defeat any villain with Unity without any variant of Tachyon or Omnitron-X on the team. Construction Pylon, Modular Workbench, Scrap Metal, Supply Crate, and Volatile Parts must be in play. Robot Reclamation must be played at least once.

UXM266
UXM266's picture

UNLOCKED!!!
My mistake was that i had Tachyon in my last team. I read "any variant of Tachyon" as the origina Tachyon must be on your team, not "NO TACHYON"

You're the best fellow Sentinels!

Powerhound_2000

Glad you finally got it.

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

Congrats!

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

jorgenp

I haven't gone about unlocking it.  I may or may not have finished the first condition, but I definitely haven't done the second.  Is there any part of it that we think still needs to be tested?  I'm willing to act as a guinea-pig if there is something we are missing.

Melkhor

jorgenp wrote:

I haven't gone about unlocking it.  I may or may not have finished the first condition, but I definitely haven't done the second.  Is there any part of it that we think still needs to be tested?  I'm willing to act as a guinea-pig if there is something we are missing.

Well, the current method we've got definitely seems to work for everyone, so if what we've got still isn't quite right, then you'd think we must be making it more complicated that it really has to be, somehow?

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

It's either we're putting in too many unnecessary details, or missing some commonality. At this point, only thorough log-scouring will work.

UXM266
UXM266's picture

I THINK I can confirm the following

1) Environments do not matter. I stayed in Insula Primalis for all three. That damage boost from obsidian fields was a huge help.

2) The order of heroes does not matter. As mentioned earlier, Omnitron-X can go anywhere.

3) The number of heroes is not needed. I played three heroes for all the games. 

4) In the first game Omnitron X also gave the final blow on his turn, when "Slip Through Time" was played. I think i used the power that does damage based on the plating.

5) I cannot recall perfectly, but Omnitron X was incapacitated by a hero in the second game. 

pricyprovinces
pricyprovinces's picture
Playtester

I used the revised condition that UXM has above and unlocked omni-u as well.

if life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon. - the scholar, stranger in a strange world #9

UXM266
UXM266's picture

pricyprovinces wrote:

I used the revised condition that UXM has above and unlocked omni-u as well.

I'm glad it worked! But what condition, or was it all of them? Just curious for my sake, and for those who haven't unlocked it yet.

pricyprovinces
pricyprovinces's picture
Playtester

I did all three games in that order following those requirements.

if life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon. - the scholar, stranger in a strange world #9

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Best part about the mobile sale? We can get more people to attempt this!

I didn't realzie I don't have it on tablet :(

Powerhound_2000

Only if you don't own it for the OS your phone is on.   If you owned it for iPad and downloaded for your phone which uses the same Gamecenter account all the variants will automatically be unlocked as you have the achievements for it.  

sillyellie

Just unlocked.

Thoughts:

Game 1. Defeat Omnitron with Omnitron-X and Unity. (Possibly with both Omnitron-X and Unity not incapped)

Game 2. Defeat Cosmic Omnitron with Omnitron-X and Unity. Omnitron-X must be incapped. (Possibly Unity not incapped)

Game 3. Defeat any villian with Unity and without any variant of Tachyon or Omnitron-X on the team. Construction Pylon, Modular Workbench, Scrap Metal, Supply Crate, and Volatile Parts must be in play. Robot Reclamation must be played at least once.

I never played Slip Through Time or Self-Sacrifice. I never brought Tachyon. Visionary was incapped every game, no one else was besides Omnitron-X second game. No decks were ever completely gone through though I didn't pay attention to what all was played by Omnitron. First two games were played in Insula Primalis, third game was against Baron Blade in Silver Gulch. 

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

sillyellie has it! Here are the official full conditions to unlock Omnitron-U:

Defeat regular Omnitron with Omnitron-X and Unity on the team; neither of them may be incapacitated. Then, defeat Cosmic Omnitron with Omnitron-X and Unity on the team; Omnitron-X must be incapacitated, but Unity may not be incapacitated. Then, defeat any villain with Unity and without Tachyon or Omnitron-X on the team. Construction Pylon, Modular Workbench, Scrap Metal, Supply Crate, and Volatile Parts must be in play. Robot Reclamation must be played at least once.

Powerhound_2000

Woohoo this one is finally done.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Whoo! :D

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Congrats!

But that was cruel on handelabra's part. Making us think they are more complicated than what it actually is! YOU MOCK US WITH YOUR POWER AND KNOWLEDGE!11!1!1!1 Grah...

I wonder what's next!

Powerhound_2000

Well there is Santa Guise to still figure out.   Also you can always thank Christopher for these conditions.  

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

Well there is Santa Guise to still figure out.   Also you can always thank Christopher for these conditions.  

Apologies to handelabra for blaming them for the compeltely EEEEVIIIIIL conditions. CURSE YOU CHRISTOPHER>

That's right, Santa Guise hasn't been discovered.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

This one was meant to be more difficult, since it was available via the cheat button immediately.

Pages