The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Omnitron Scenario 2 cheeseable?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
peterrecore
Omnitron Scenario 2 cheeseable?

I just went through the Omnitron scenarios, and noticed that Scenario 2 seems to have a cheesable option, based on the current wording of the objective ("The Heroes win upon incapicitating 15 drones." )

The "fair" way for Omnitron to win would be to simply gather 20 health by deploying as many drones as possible.  The cheesey way is for Omni to put out an Automaton and an EMP each turn, then use the Automaton to gather health, then blow it up with the EMP, leaving nothing left on the board for the Heroes.  Rinse, repeat, and buy some nachos to enjoy with your cheese.

So what to do?  I house ruled the objective to be 15 incapped drones, regardless of who does the 'capping.  This prevents Omni from starving out the Heroes.  Now things get a little more hopeful for the good guys, but still rough, because Omni averages more than 1 Health marker per drone deployed.

If you like math, here's my analysis of this cheesy strat:

Each turn, use the two free Deployments to put out one Automaton within range of health tokens, and one EMP drone near the Automaton.  On Omnitron's turn, the Automaton will Aim then Attack the building it is on or next to.  This will do at least one damage to a building 82% of the time at range 1, and 70% at range 2, 3, or 4.  Then blow up the EMP, and have both drones decline to block.  The EMP will kill itself 98% of the time, and kill the Automaton 90% of the time.  (Yes, I wrote a combat simulator.  Yes, I will be putting it on the web soon.)  So, every 10 villain turns or so, the heroes will get a chance to kill a drone.  By the time Omni collects 20 health, the heroes will be lucky to have had a shot at 2 drones.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Use the house rule.

There is no intent for cheesing.