The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Official Sentinel Tactics Tournament at PAX East

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Paul
Paul's picture
Admin
Official Sentinel Tactics Tournament at PAX East

We are going to be holding another Official Sentinel Tactics Tournament at PAX East in Boston next month. If you will be there, we would love to have you enter the tournament! If you will not, we would love to have you watch live at twitch.tv/greaterthangames! Here are the details:

• Admission: Free with PAX Badge
  • Start Time: 11am, 7 March 2013
  • Format: 3v3 Skirmishes. Register with a team, or as an individual and we will assign you to a team! Same rules as our PAX East tournament, different map.
  • Prizes: $600 to First Place Team, $150 to Second Place Team, $75 to Third and Fourth Place Teams. First and Second place also qualify for the World Championship Sentinel Tactics Tournament on 1 August 2015 at Gen Con in Indianapolis, IN and earn a free 4-day badge to Gen Con.

We hope to see many of you there, and even more on the Twitch stream!

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

lutherbellhendricksv
lutherbellhendricksv's picture
Game Designer

It's almost here!

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Just noticed the date for the tournament is in 2013. Man we missed it already.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I didn't.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

cmschex
Playtester

I'll be really interested to see teh meta game for this tournament

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

Just noticed the date for the tournament is in 2013. Man we missed it already.  

And... Unfortunately, only Admins can edit Admin posts, so we Mods can't fix it. sad

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Dispite the date typo, I hope to watch this tomorrow and hopefully get to see some more aggressive strategies.   At worst, I hope we get see each character used so that Christopher will chime in with his strategy tips.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

It is fascinating to see how the metagame evolves as people get more familiar with the game.

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

kitmehsu
kitmehsu's picture
Playtester

Also, apprently it has the same rules as itself, which is allways good to have interal consistentcy.  I'd watch the twich, but I'm crazy busy that day between work and a fandom meetup.