The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Odd Combinations

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Veet
Odd Combinations

You know it wasn't until I fought Spite at Wagner Mars Base that I realized how many lost children end up on Mars.

My 8 year old son and I both agree that we like Chuck E Cheese better than Plague Rat. He is much easier to beat up.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Maybe it was the base becomes a human colony? (searching for justification)

You're free to do whatever you want to.

SlenderTroll
SlenderTroll's picture

I think Baron Blade in any environment except Mars is confusing. Wouldn't he kill himself if he crashed the moon into his own planet?

Grinnell College 2016

Greonhal
Playtester

SlenderTroll wrote:
I think Baron Blade in any environment except Mars is confusing. Wouldn't he kill himself if he crashed the moon into his own planet?

See, Baron Blade on Mars confuses me. Is he dropping Phobos and/or Demos on the heroes? If he succeeds in dropping the moon, why does everyone just stop, otherwise? They could be rationalizing that humanity's down to the 3-6 of them, I suppose, but would that necessarily stop, for example, the vendetta between Blade and Legacy?

SlenderTroll
SlenderTroll's picture

Greonhal wrote:

SlenderTroll wrote:

See, Baron Blade on Mars confuses me. Is he dropping Phobos and/or Demos on the heroes? If he succeeds in dropping the moon, why does everyone just stop, otherwise? They could be rationalizing that humanity's down to the 3-6 of them, I suppose, but would that necessarily stop, for example, the vendetta between Blade and Legacy?

He's dropping the Moon on Earth, which would wipe out all life. After that, the heroes could probably still beat him up, but what's the point, really? Blade has won, and the heroes, tasked with guarding the population of Earth from evildoers, have failed.

Grinnell College 2016

awp832
Playtester

Blade doesn't think crashing the moon into the earth will wipe out all life.    He thinks it will wipe out MOST life, while he remains safe in his bunker deep in the bowels of Atlantis or whatever.  He will then proceed to rule the rest of civilization.    You can't really expect a whole lot of logic from mad scientists.  They are mad, after all.

"He robbed from the rich and he-
gave to the poor.
Stood up to the Man and he-
gave him what for. 
Our love for him now,
aint hard to explain,
the hero of Canton,
the man they call "Jayne""

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

SlenderTroll wrote:

He's a mad scientist, so yeah...  ;D

See the way my body's glowing? Yeah, a lot of people can't do that.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Baron Blade is crazy, and all of his schemes are to one extent or another self destructive.

In terms of Spite.... see.... there was this colony ship that crashed, and the survivors formed a commune in an abandoned Mars base.  Then!  Spite, the serial killer was sent into exile in space.... you get the idea :)

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Seriously, it's comic books - you can justify any of them being in any environment. Happens all the time in DC and Marvel...  8)

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)