The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

OblivAeon Heroes Preview!

64 posts / 0 new
Last post
arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

NinjaMonkey wrote:

After this preview, I think Harpy is the new hero I'm most excited to try out.

I have, admittedly, not been a very active playtester, so I don't know all of the new decks, but I am most excited about Harpy.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Lord Flash Fire
Lord Flash Fire's picture

NinjaMonkey wrote:

Before this preview, Luminary was the new deck I was most excited about. After this preview, I think Harpy is the new hero I'm most excited to try out.

Luminary seems like he'll play similar to Tachyon with the top strategy being do a few things while finding a way to fill up your trash to do something awesome. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just not my favorite play style.

I wouldn't put it past Baron Blade to be more than resembling a "mere speedster" -Probably Baron Blade, Freedom Five something or another. My guess is that, like someone else said, he'll have multiple Doomsday devices he'll pull out, but to be most effective, we'll have to choose 1.

" Ever had those days where you have amazing luck,
everything goes right, and you feel like the king of the world...
....And then you wake up?"
-Someone special, 2012

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

I would guess he has a couple unique Doomsday devices that have similar mechanics, and other, smaller less-doomy devices that have more regular uses.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

I'm interested to see how Luminary gets on in, say, Omnitron IV, which has cards that affect devices - prior to this, no hero deck had any, did they? Just villains like Blade, Omitron, and Ambuscade...

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

I know we haven't seen much for this deck yet, but I wanted to say this before I forgot. I only really noticed this last night, but Rambo Stuntman's power is pretty much both Expat and her Dark Watch promo's powers in one. Could it be this version of Stuntman is even more skiled with firearms than Expat is?

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Nah, just flashier.

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Ah. Well, that makes plenty of sense. He IS a movie-star!

I also like how he has one of those hover-cigars. (I love those in comics! :D )

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Adam and I are big fans of both hover cigars and little floaty rocks!

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Oh, like the rocks that float while ou power up or like floating platforms over a death-pit?

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Both! But specifically tiny floating rocks that hover around, somehow denoting great power or energy.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Christopher wrote:

Both! But specifically tiny floating rocks that hover around, somehow denoting great power or energy.

Considering the majority of Tempest's art references, this comes as little surprise

Natediggadoggity

I'm most excited about Harpy's potential to be the missing piece in the Dark Watch lineup.

Dark Watch needs extra card plays and ongoings for DW Fixer to destroy, and just a little bit more card draw, as Nightmist's card draw can be hard to get, and Setbacks' s card draw is hard to get set- up with enough token generation to take advantage of surprising fortune.

Luckily, we've already seen that her DW variant already has extra plays, and at least one of her cards is a sacrificial ongoing. So I'm pretty excited.

NinjaMonkey

Great point. I'd forgotten The Harpy was part of Dark Watch. I may be even more excited now. Unlike the Freedom Five and Prime Wardens, both teams I love, it rarely feels like I've completely dominated the Villain when I play Dark Watch. This may be why I enjoy playing Dark Watch so much. They are the baby bear of the Sentinels universe, just right.

Pages