The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Number of Expansions

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
cyberrunner457
Number of Expansions

Hey, I'm pretty new to the forums but have been playing Sentinels since Shattered Timelines.  With that being said, I remember a while ago, during the Vengeance preorder, that someone had mentioned there were supposed to be six expansions with Vengeance being the last one.  If that is the case, is Villains of the Multiverse the last expansion before the final game (with the final game not being considered an expansion...) or the existence of this game confirms that we are looking at more than six expansions? Was wondering if maybe the community had any ideas.  

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

My impression is that there's going to be one more after VotM, but I don't know if that's been officially stated yet.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

What we know for definite:

A) SotM should be finished in about 2 years.

B) Everything should fit in Enhanced Edition-sized boxes (although we don't know how many).

So based on this and the fact that Villains of the Cosmos seems to be an EE-sized box, I'd say there won't be another large box.

Right now everything fits (unsleeved) in two boxes. A third box, apart from its own contents, could contain another two or three small expansions or maybe a small one and a large one. That sounds just about reasonable for 2016.

There just isn't time for a fourth large box in the two year timescale, especially as I believe that they won't release a large box without subsequent expansions planned to fill the empty space.

My prediction is that 2016 will bring us two small standard expansions or a single large one (in a small box), plus another set of three single-deck mini-expansions (hero, villain and environment). Everything will fit in three large boxes.

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

It's been confirmed here that the last expansion will "Alter the rules of the game like Vengeance did".

To me that implies one large expansion rather than two smaller ones.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I hope there is one more small one before the big final one.  Or three.

Maybe the 2 year plan involves time exploding in 2016 and that solar cycle lasting 23,574 days, in which time we get plenty of expansions.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

jsz2 wrote:

It's been confirmed here that the last expansion will "Alter the rules of the game like Vengeance did".To me that implies one large expansion rather than two smaller ones.

That makes sense. I'm still pretty sure it won't be in a big box.

Damn it, Ronway!

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

No chance guys, sorry. As much as I hate to say it. There will only be one more SotM expansion after VotM. But the last one will be big. 
Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Foote wrote:

No chance guys, sorry. As much as I hate to say it. There will only be one more SotM expansion after VotM. But the last one will be big. 

Where's that from?

Damn it, Ronway!

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

I look forward to a multi-deck Galactus-sized villain where each section of the villain needs to be opposed by a separate villain team - along with rules for heroes switching teams due to villain damage.  I don't look forward to having to feed my cards into the included shredder that represents the villain eating the hero's soul.  broken heart

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Silverleaf. How are we going to PT and test and print 2-3 more expansions in a year with the final one already confirmed to be mega? I just don't see it as feasible

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Foote wrote:

Silverleaf. How are we going to PT and test and print 2-3 more expansions in a year with the final one already confirmed to be mega? I just don't see it as feasible

Is the final one being mega confirmed?

I think it will be a single large expansion rather than smaller ones, but I'm theorising based on the info we have.

Damn it, Ronway!

cyberrunner457

Since GtG has put out 2 a year, is it possible that it could be Villains, then another small expansion, then the final game or no?  Does that match up to everything fitting into the big boxes, which Silverleaf I concur is probably a good way to figure things out.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

cyberrunner457 wrote:

Since GtG has put out 2 a year, is it possible that it could be Villains, then another small expansion, then the final game or no?  Does that match up to everything fitting into the big boxes, which Silverleaf I concur is probably a good way to figure things out.

Possible, I guess. Depends how big the final expansion is, and how much playtesting time it needs.

Damn it, Ronway!

XXVZ
XXVZ's picture

cyberrunner457 wrote:

Hey, I'm pretty new to the forums but have been playing Sentinels since Shattered Timelines.  With that being said, I remember a while ago, during the Vengeance preorder, that someone had mentioned there were supposed to be six expansions with Vengeance being the last one.  If that is the case, is Villains of the Multiverse the last expansion before the final game (with the final game not being considered an expansion...) or the existence of this game confirms that we are looking at more than six expansions? Was wondering if maybe the community had any ideas.  

Where is this "Villains of the Multiverse"?

"72% of all statistics are made up"
-XXVZ

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Foote wrote:

We can do it Foote.  Think Positive Thoughts.

I will playtest as much as needed if we can squeeze more decks out of Christopher's head and Adam's hand.

XXVZ
XXVZ's picture

well, I thought there would be more excitement about a new game,much less a new Vengeance style game.

-XXVZ

XXVZ
XXVZ's picture

XXVZ wrote:

well, I thought there would be more excitement about a new game,much less a new Vengeance style game.

EDIT: thx Pydro BTW

-XXVZ

cyberrunner457

Oh don't get me wrong XXVZ, I am very excited about the new expansion.  Just thinking past that I was wondering what the announcement meant for the upcoming schedule of expansions. 

Greywind
Greywind's picture
Playtester

Foote wrote:

We have three things confirmed for this year for playtest. We have an approximation of two years until the end of SotM's projected run. Easily feasible.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Greywind wrote:
Foote wrote:

We have three things confirmed for this year for playtest. We have an approximation of two years until the end of SotM's projected run. Easily feasible.

Spirit Island. Villains of the Multiverse. Broken City plus For Profit. The Tactics add-on that I can't remember the name of. I count 4, or possibly 5, and that's without knowing what else is in the pipeline.

Damn it, Ronway!

Greywind
Greywind's picture
Playtester

I'm not involved in Spirit Island due to traveling. I also consider that last year's project. I was focusing on SotM and Tactics.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Greywind wrote:

I'm not involved in Spirit Island due to traveling. I also consider that last year's project. I was focusing on SotM and Tactics.

It's still a playtesting project, and it's definitely being tested in 2015. It totally counts.

Damn it, Ronway!

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Silverleaf wrote:

Is the final one being mega confirmed?

Yes it has been confirmed. Somewhere. It must have been in an interview or something because I'm having trouble finding a link to provide you. I know its been said before.

Also I have some relevant info from when Vengeance was announced on the ST Kickstarter:

To give you some insights into what we're doing here at Greater Than Games, going forward, it is our intent to release expansions for Sentinels of the Multiverse roughly once per year until we reach the end of the story arc for the game. This schedule, which is slightly slower than what we've done in the past, will free up resources to print other games unrelated to Sentinels of the Multiverse. (But still super awesome; just you wait!)