The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Notorious Hayes boys gun down Iron Legacy

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
Notorious Hayes boys gun down Iron Legacy

Apologies if this is a repeat, as I vaguely recall writing about it before, but can't find evidence of having done so.

Was playing four other heroes and Scholar versus Iron Legacy in Silver Gulch. Scholar was the last hero standing.

Mr. Fixer's incap power destroyed most of Iron Legacy's Ongoings. Tachyon's incap power allowed Scholar to keep cycling two Expect The Worst (reduce all damage to zero) cards out of the trash. With other incap damage boosts and out-of-turn card plays, Scholar got Iron Legacy low enough to flip and countered his flip-side healing with some one-shot damage for a few rounds. The Hayes boys took over from there, doing the additional damage needed to knock Iron Legacy out, including blowing up an Explosives Wagon.

Biggest risk in the game, and a very real one, was getting Lost in the Past 

I've got this great image of Iron Legacy flying and stomping around this cowboy town, quickly dispatching the other heroes and then getting increasingly frustrated as he tries to find Scholar and do something about him. Scholar pops out every now and then and hits him, then dissappears somewhere again. Iron Legacy gets an occassional glimpse or hears an occassional chuckle, but just can't seem to catch up to Scholar. He gets so single-mindedly focused on hungint him that he ignores the Hayes Boys who set an elaborate cross-fire to blow him up as he happens to be stalking past the Explosives Wagon. All the while there's these temporal wormholes opening and closing, with no one really knowing how long they'll last. I want to see this episode!

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I would imagine Scholar taking advantage of worm holes so he could dive in and out of Iron Legacy's sight.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31