The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

No Hand Start Dawn Victory

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Medic-Tank
Medic-Tank's picture
Playtester
No Hand Start Dawn Victory

I played a random game today and for the first time recovered from the dreaded Sweat, Tears and Blinding Blast Opening. The clock was then already ticking for Fanatic (11), Greatest Legacy(9), Bunker(8), Ra(14) and Sky-Scraper(6). And even Rook City didn't deter our stalwart heroes (Neither Tony Taurus or Dr Tremalta came up).

This game saw a full Blood, Sweat and Tears, Assault Battery, Truth or Dare (Dare became Truth while Dawn was Flipped). The only seasonal villain to join the party was Summer while imbued Fire was in play. An epic game that. Only could have been more epic if I played it in advanced but that will be for another day...

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

How did you manage the first few turns after that opening?

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

I'm guessing base powers took care of the Citizens (Fanatic and Ra can both deal damage, and Greatest Legacy can let one of them do so again on his turn) so that people could actually hang onto their cards for more than a round :D.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

JimmyTheCannon

If anyone wants to try seeing how difficult this start is, the recent Citizen Dawn one-shot has a Blood, Sweat, and Tears + Blinding Blast opening. I forget what heroes and environment it is, though.