The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Never say Never! - First WotC game with the group

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony
Never say Never! - First WotC game with the group

Sky, Cap Cosmic, Guise, and Prime Warden Haka vs Infinitor in the Enclave of Endlings.

Ouch!

It started off really bad for us and never really got easier. The initial draw of Infinitors manifestations had two Occular Swarms which gashed us early with a hard hitting targets before we could set up. Bloogo was the first Endling to make an apperance and protected a Crushing Cage. Like I said, it started off just about as bad as you could get.

It took us a few turns to clear Infinitors board the first time, which allowed the Enclave to amass quite the number of targets plus Jansa protecting them. Environment destruction was a weakness of the team and Guise and Sky never drew into theirs.

The team was getting low on health quickly, so we decided to stop hitting manifestations and try and burn him down on a hope an a prayer. Captain and Sky were the first ones to go down. Haka managed to buy a turn with him and Guise at 3 health with a well timed Ground Pound and Guise put together his first real big turn of the game in a last ditch effort to try and eek out enough damage. Infinitor got to 4 HP, Bloogo decided to help Guise out, and Haka went down. Bloogo bought Guise a turn, but Guise had exhausted his hand the last round. He used all the card draw he could get, but couldn't find anything to perice Infinitors 1 damage reduction.

The game look lost many turns ago, and with Bloogo set to jump to a manifestation on the Environment turn, it looked bad. We were going to just concede when I recomended we just play out the Environment turn. 

IMMUTUS!!!!

The only card in the deck that could possibly save us. Immutus + Jansa became a 2 turn juggernaut of damage soaking. Guise used that time to draw as many cards as he could with the help of the other incap powers and managed to mill the last card of Infinitors decks to gain one health...a Crushing Cage! That would have put the nail in the coffin for sure! On the 3 turn of the Immutus/Jansa tanking, Guise went through his whole hand again, taking full advantage of SUPER ULTRA KAWAI, Guise the Barbarian, and Blatent Reference to land just enough damge for the final blows on Immutus and Infinitor on the last hero turn before all the Environment damage would have incapped Guise for sure.

We really had to claw to get this win, and to think our group was ready to just call it early in order to move on to the next game. But we had crazy luck with the Bloogo and Immutus timing and milling the Crushing Cage then drawing into just the right cards for Guise at the very end...No one could believe it.

Never say never and keep on saving the multiverse!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

That's awesome! This is one of the reasons I love this game: it creates entertaining, dramatic moments. Very shiny! cool

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I'm going to assume that battle ended with Guise joining the entire Enclave for a giant rock show that was 1/2 Dreamtheater, 1/2 Wyld Stallyns.  Then turned down their offer to go on a Universe wide tour because fame wasn't his thing.

Then the Endlings cry as Guise rides off into the night sky on a guitar spaceship powered by rock and roll.

The stuff of legends man.

Estelindis
Estelindis's picture
Playtester

Awesome.  Thanks for the write-up.  Now I'm looking forward to my copy arriving even more.  :D

Kingofsouls

Ah the joys of a wonder topdeck. Learn it live it love it my friend.

Programming is like Life: Complicated and too many rules.