The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Nemeses Speculation

36 posts / 0 new
Last post
meakatommy
Nemeses Speculation

Thought it might be fun to guess what type of heroes Omnitron's and Dawn's nemesis will be. Based on the symbols I'm guessing some sort of sentient robot for Omnitron, and a gun totting anti-hero for Citizen Dawn. Anybody else got some guesses or further speculation?

Poop can wait, Time Crisis is now!

beevolant

Those both sound plausible - I wonder if one/both of their nemeses will be in the first expansion...

I'm most interested in The Wraith's nemesis - perhaps the thug who killed her boyfriend all those years ago?

"Crime doesn't keep the Sabbath"

meakatommy

That would be pretty cool.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

The Wraith's nemesis, a psychotic Mime. Since she is seems to be inspired by Batman it would be pretty fitting. On the card of Tachyon's Fleet of Foot, I suspect that it is her nemesis even the flavor text says "Dude, you are not my nemesis." But it could possibly be a sibling or friend that gained powers and Tachyon doesn't want to accept the fact she is now a foe. And that's about as far I have thought about each Hero and their nemesis.

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ronway wrote:
On the card of Tachyon's Fleet of Foot, I suspect that it is her nemesis even the flavor text says "Dude, you are not my nemesis."

The flavor text for that one is pretty much what it says at face value. The character on the card may be fast, but she's not good enough to be Tachyon's nemesis. Basically a diss on that other villain.

See the way my body's glowing? Yeah, a lot of people can't do that.

evandan457

Yeah, I kind of guessed that Dawn's nemesis will be an assassin sort of hero, seeing as the symbol is a crosshair, and Dawn is a political-ish leader. It would seem only fitting.

I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Dawn's nemesis is super thrilling to me, both from a backstory and from a rules perspective. :)

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Gaarus

Does that mean he or she is in the next expansion?? =]

Tamar

Paul wrote:
Dawn's nemesis is super thrilling to me, both from a backstory and from a rules perspective. :)

Me too!  I'm super excited about the next set of everything to come out!  I'm hoping that, when it's closer to release, we'll be able to get some cool teaser art or something released because I love that kind of thing.

I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself.
I take the words. I scatter them in time... and space.
A message to lead myself here.

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Gaarus wrote:
Does that mean he or she is in the next expansion?? =]

I was going to post something vague about neither confirming or denying, but you know what?  I'm feeling generous.

Citizen Dawn's nemesis WILL be in the next expansion.  Adam, Paul, and I are already very proud of our work on that character.

Enjoy your speculations!

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Adam
Adam's picture
Admin

Very proud. I'll say it's easily one of my top 3 favorite back stories, and the mechanics are positively riveting.

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Personally, I prefer the other hero of the set slightly more.  But saying any more than that would be telling.  And I prefer torturing people to revealing things.

And yet, I seem nice.

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Seeing the crosshairs does give a hint that it will be some kind of marksman. But that could be either a Gunslinger or a Ranger type character, either one I am definately looking forward to seeing. I've always liked playing Marksman characters in plenty of games, so I hope the transition carries over pretty well.

Citizen Jodie
Citizen Jodie's picture
Admin

Christopher wrote:
And yet, I seem nice.

Christopher, have you considered changing your signature to this?

Jodie :-)
Warehouse Manager
jodie@greaterthangames.com

meakatommy

Christopher wrote:
Personally, I prefer the other hero of the set slightly more.  But saying any more than that would be telling.  And I prefer torturing people to revealing things.

And yet, I seem nice.

Noooooo, not the torture, the anticipation is killing me.

SlenderTroll
SlenderTroll's picture

So, I've had a revelation. I think that Omnitron's nemesis will be his creator, brilliant inventor Aldred, owner/founder/CEO of Aldred Industries, who also happens to be Paul. Perhaps in some sort of Iron-Man-esque robosuit.

Grinnell College 2016

meakatommy

Interesting. I like it.

evandan457

Wait, Aldred is the guy who created Omnitron, and he's Paul? I'm a bit confused... When was this deducted?

beevolant

Omnitron was created by Aldred Insdustries located in St. Louis, MO per the rule book bio...

evandan457

I saw that, but how did we decide Aldred was Paul? There's no picture or anything.

SlenderTroll
SlenderTroll's picture

Well, first of all, there's his BGG account.

Also because I know Christopher IRL. (Which doesn't mean that I know my idea is correct, just that I know that Aldred and Paul are one and the same.)

Grinnell College 2016

lnastudillo

Looking at some of the cards, specifically Tachyon's flip side, I think her nemesis might be a pair of supervillains, one a wind controller and the other an Ice manipulator. As for Fanatic, a few of her cards show her battling a black winged entity, which I assume is some kind of fallen angel, also in the rulebook they list Infernal as a type of damage, which Im sure he will do. As far as Wraith and Visionary Im not too sure who could be their nemesi, Im thinkin the guy in the Throat Shot card seems to fit the Joker-like motif while maintaining an original concept, the Visionary card Decoy Projection shows her battling an omega-red looking fellow which could possibly be her nemesis or one of her nemesis' minions. Lastly purely speculating Ra's nemesis might be Anubis, in the same vein that Thor and Loki are enemies.

meakatommy

That's a pretty great idea for Tachyon. Thumbs up. And Fanatic's makes sense. For Wraith, I am now speculating that it will be Plague Rat.

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

Fanatic's makes perfect sense as that black winged guy is in 2 cards and in "Smite the Transgressor" they definately look like they really hate each other, looks like a nemesis confontation if I ever saw one. The flavor text on the bottom also seems to fit in a nemesis style too. "I swear on all that is holy, you shall fall." They also both have swords. And "Chastise" featuring the red demon could be one of his minions.

Card Templates
Champions Online: Koga_Wolfe

beevolant

I am most curious about Ra's nemesis. Will it be Apep (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apep) the evil snake god of darkness? Or Anubis? (who isn't evil in Egyptian mythology but is the god if the dead and jackals are cool and since when did comics make sense?) Or maybe a rival archaeologist who has developed and intends to ? Or maybe they'll go the tack of making Ra's rival from the Hellenistic pantheon?

Tamar

beevolant wrote:
Or maybe a rival archaeologist who has developed and intends to ?

No!  Not !!!  Oh the horror!!!!!!!!!!

:P

I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself.
I take the words. I scatter them in time... and space.
A message to lead myself here.

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Tamar wrote:

beevolant wrote:
Or maybe a rival archaeologist who has developed and intends to ?

No!  Not !!!  Oh the horror!!!!!!!!!!

:P

Look out! He's got a !

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

beevolant wrote:
I am most curious about Ra's nemesis. Will it be Apep (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apep) the evil snake god of darkness? Or Anubis? (who isn't evil in Egyptian mythology but is the god if the dead and jackals are cool and since when did comics make sense?) Or maybe a rival archaeologist who has developed and intends to ? Or maybe they'll go the tack of making Ra's rival from the Hellenistic pantheon?

Madlibs time!

noun: a gun
verb: shoot Ra

Adam
Adam's picture
Admin

noun: an apple
verb: double-park

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Uhm... The ability to grow fingernails at a very fast rate, and... uhm.... scratch a person.  Not enough to draw blood, but enough to be noticed as a scratch.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Adam wrote:
noun: an apple
verb: double-park

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you one of the creative minds driving Sentinels of the Multiverse!  ;D

evandan457

lnastudillo wrote:
Looking at some of the cards, specifically Tachyon's flip side, I think her nemesis might be a pair of supervillains, one a wind controller and the other an Ice manipulator. As for Fanatic, a few of her cards show her battling a black winged entity, which I assume is some kind of fallen angel, also in the rulebook they list Infernal as a type of damage, which Im sure he will do. As far as Wraith and Visionary Im not too sure who could be their nemesi, Im thinkin the guy in the Throat Shot card seems to fit the Joker-like motif while maintaining an original concept, the Visionary card Decoy Projection shows her battling an omega-red looking fellow which could possibly be her nemesis or one of her nemesis' minions. Lastly purely speculating Ra's nemesis might be Anubis, in the same vein that Thor and Loki are enemies.

Yeah, when I looked at Tachyon's flip side, I also guessed that her nemesis would be some sort of ice user, probably that one that's obviously silhouetted in the background. But I didn't even notice the tornado person in the background. But I think if that tornado person is related to the ice user at all, it'll probably be Icer's minion.

Veet

I can't help but notice that in Visionary's back story here on the site it mentions and evil copy of Visionary existing somewhere within her mind.

My 8 year old son and I both agree that we like Chuck E Cheese better than Plague Rat. He is much easier to beat up.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I'm not sure if it has already been mentioned, but on Absolute Zero's "Coolant Blast" there is some sort of lizard like man on it with his fist surrounded in flames. If that is intended to be Absolute Zero's nemesis I wonder what all he'll do, maybe even have some kind of immunity/reduction to ice/fire damage?

evandan457

Veet wrote:
I can't help but notice that in Visionary's back story here on the site it mentions and evil copy of Visionary existing somewhere within her mind.

I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume that her evil copy is definitely going to come back, and I'm guessing that thing on Visionary's flip side is that evil copy. Whether it will be her nemesis or not, I don't know.

And since everyone seems to look at the cards to look for the heroes' possible nemeses, I took a look at Bunker's deck and came up with two ideas. First, on his "Flak Cannon" card, there seems to be what I can only describe as a dark-skinned giant wearing a cowcatcher on his head. He seems like a good match against Bunker, considering he's taking a flak cannon to the shoulder pretty well. Or, also in Bunker's deck is the "Decommissioned Hardware" card. it shows three of the old Bunker suits, and so maybe some military-related villain might steal those and use one of them (or all of them -- squad of Bunker-suited minions led by evil general?).

Haka's nemesis had better be the Hippoman from Haka's "Savage Mana". WE WANT HIPPOMAN.

I know someone already said this, but to say it again: Ra's nemesis, beyond any doubt in my mind, will be the Anubis on Ra's "Scorched Earth" card. If that's not Ra's nemesis, I will be genuinely shocked.

meakatommy

evandan457 wrote:
Haka's nemesis had better be the Hippoman from Haka's "Savage Mana". WE WANT HIPPOMAN.

YES WE DO!