The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

NaGaDeMon

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Craig
Craig's picture
Admin
NaGaDeMon

Hey, everyone. First off, it's nice to be back after a long hiatus from the forums! Lots of new faces...

Anyway, I figured I'd check and see if anyone was participating in National Game Design Month. Myself, I'm nearly finished with the alpha version of my supernatural drama RPG.

Any others?

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

The Conscience
Playtester

I am currently deeply immersed in my SotM RPG Project. I didn't know there was a National Game Design Month. Does this include other types of games because I have a few other games if that is true?

The Myth, The Legend, The Dream. You can't escape The Conscience!

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I have a Steampunk RPG ive been working on, but it sno where close to ready for that. Wish i could, but it will be years before i get far :p

Lynkfox.
http://sentinelswiki.com/ The Sentinels of the Multiverse Wiki

http://mindwanderer.net/sotm/ - SoTM Statistics! Updated DAILY!

PM me if you're interested in playing with the Statistics Data!

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Nagademon is definitely open for all types of games. It's nearly over now, but it'll be back next November.

As far as "being ready," all I had at the beginning of the month was a basic concept of the type of game I wanted to make. All the design has happened this month, and it'll be having its first playtest tomorrow night. My playtest group has seen the rules and are agreeing it's ready. Fine-tuning is for December. Lol

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

lugaru
lugaru's picture

I have a hard time keeping track on what month it is on the internet. Ironically this is the month I got serious about game design thanks to the fact that there are better resources out there for designers these days.

Zombie Road Trip (70% done): It is a co-operative game where a group of players try to make it from Point A to Point B on a map. Each space you move requires fuel, and you often need to stop and pull up location sheets (a tactical grid map) where you loot food, fuel, ammo and other useful objects while fighting zombies. These locations include gas stations, clinics, banks, fast food restaurants, rest stops, etc.

Style: Clearing (or fleeing) a location map usually only takes a few minutes so it moves very quickly for a game with a tactics element. The rules are simple but allow for a lot of variety of weapons, equipment and events.

Goal: Maybe try to kickstart it in 6 to 8 months from now.

Entity (10%): Think of it as a mashup of ghost busters, clue, pandemic, mystery mansion, arkham horror and paranormal activity. You and your friends play a team of experts that go into haunted venues and attempt to solve mysteries that will free it of spiritual infestation. Basically you run around searching rooms while creepy things happen around you. As spiritual energy builds, the creepy things get worse. Players can get possesed, have furniture thrown at them, get dragged into other rooms and get terrorized enough to make them run out of the house against their will.

Style: move around, collect evidence, set up surveilance devices, get spooked or injured. Spend evidence to draw solution cards that give you specific quests to rid the place of spirits (usually destroying cursed objects).

Goal: Finish designing the game. Playtest.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

I've never heard of NaGaDeMon, but it sounds like basically the gaming equivalent of NaNoWriMo (something-something-Writing-Month, I think). I don't think I could come up with a whole game by myself - I'm fine for fluff. I can make up stories easily and will jump at a chance to do so. But coming up with and handling mechanics is something I'd rather leave other people to do ;).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Greonhal
Playtester

I don't participate in either, but I definitely prefer the name of this one. An unholy snake monster sounds way cooler than tiny rhymes.