The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Multiplayer and Unlocks

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
broccoli
broccoli's picture
Playtester
Multiplayer and Unlocks

Can you unlock variants in Multi-player?  If yes, does everyone (who's eligible) get it?  If no, why not?  I ask mostly because when people are brainstorming hard to get new variants, it would be awesome if folks could get together in a multi-player game and cram, and (of course) all get the rewards if successful.

"I'm not prone to hyperbole, but she is the Antichrist." - chwineka

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Yes, no, and Handelabra would have to answer that one.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

You can unlock a hero variant in multiplayer only if you are playing that hero.

You can unlock a villain variant multiplayer if you have met all the conditions. Note that means multiple people can unlock it, but those who haven't fulfilled all the conditions (e.g. have beaten another villain previously) won't get it.

Why? Because that's what we decided was reasonable. For instance, if I'm playing a random multiplayer game, and someone else is playing Bunker and uses all 3 mode cards, it doesn't really make sense (to me) that I should get G.I. Bunker.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Chromium_Man

That sounds reasonable. I, for one, wouldn't want my unlocks to be the result of the actions of another player. I love unlocking the variants. 

Belle Sorciere
Belle Sorciere's picture

Sounds pretty fair to me, too.

It would be a bit confusing to unlock hero variants because someone else did something.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Obviously there would be exceptions like America's Greatest Legacy which requires a whole team without Legacy to be lower then ten health.   Some unlocks I would hope people wouldn't intentionally try in a random group in Multiplayer like Young Legacy, DW Fixer, Comsic Omnitron, or Bomber Blade as those can drag out a game.   

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Yeah, America's Greatest Legacy cannot be unlocked in multiplayer due to his conditions. He's the only one right now, though.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Bowie
Bowie's picture
Playtester

Yeah, I tried for AGL on four different occasions, one after every patch, hoping to find it unlockable multiplayer. Good to know it wasn't just a glitch!

Bowie S, pronounced like David, not like Knife, can be found in Minneapolis and has Monomaniacal Reverse Engineer d10
Death and the dice level all distinctions. -Samuel Foote