The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Mr. Fixer = Daredevil

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
OCMike123
Mr. Fixer = Daredevil

LOL  OK...I know I'm way late to the game on this, but watching the Netflix show and it's pretty awesome how close Daredevil and Mr. Fixer are with theme...even with the black mask thing.

I know Mr. Fixer was out there well before the show...but then again Daredevil was out the well before Mr. Fixer...waitaminute...is this a chicken-egg conundrum?  OMG  it could be a temporal event!

Either way impressed with the black mask similarity.

OCMike123

Visionary -  Yes Mike, you are way, way late to the game.  :)

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Watching the series made me glad Mr Fixer was available in the app shortly afterwards.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Mr Fixer is very much Daredevil with a side of Iron Fist with a small sprinkle of Wildcat.

silopolis
silopolis's picture

We binge-watched the first 6 episodes, and I demanded that we take a break to do a Fixer vs. Chairman game. The need was just burning in my soul.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

I've made it through the end of episode 9 (I think); plan to finish the season while my wife is out of town on work travel this weekend.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Finished the series yesterday. It was impressively enjoyable! Really looking forward to seeing what they do with Marvel's other Netflix shows.

Had a conversation on this recently around how Mr. Fixer is a unique amalgam of various street-level characters, primarily Daredevil and Luke Cage/Power Man. His mechanic aspect is completely his as far as I can tell, though!

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

jajd2c

Actually, Nite Owl I from Watchmen was a mechanic, but that was after he retired from the hero biz. 

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Very true! He didn't use his tools as weapons or anything like that, but yeah, there's at least one example of a hero retiring to become a mechanic. cool

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

OCMike123

Rabit wrote:

Finished the series yesterday. It was impressively enjoyable! Really looking forward to seeing what they do with Marvel's other Netflix shows.

What other Netflix shows?  Very cool if they do more like this.

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

More are coming.  Jessica Jones in 2015, Luke Cage and Daredevil season 2 in 2016, Iron Fist and a Defenders mash-up of all of them later.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Spiff wrote:

More are coming.  Jessica Jones in 2015, Luke Cage and Daredevil season 2 in 2016, Iron Fist and a Defenders mash-up of all of them later.

And they announced Daredevil 2 in 2015, also! surprise

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Unfortunately, no.  Second season of Daredevil is coming in 2016.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Another stupid post on my part: Typo because I meant 2016 and I totally missed that you actually included it. blush

Thanks for that link, though! I hadn't heard the official fate of Iron Fist, as from the announcements I'd seen it was originally planned for 2016. Looks like Daredevil 2 has pushed it out. My guess is they didn't have the story to bring Iron Fist in without a second Daredevil series, so it's coming first, and they don't have budget for more than 2 shows / year. frown

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

No, Iron Fist was definitely part of the original announcement. It and the Defenders are farthest down the pipeline, through - they only announced casting for Luke Cage back in late January or so, IIRC.

The Orange Mailman

I always thought Mr. Fixer was a cross between Luke Cage and Ironfist, which is kind of funny if you think about it.

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

-The Orange Mailman

OCMike123

Spiff wrote:

Hey, great link...I had not seen that before.  Netflix could very well start to rival HBO/Amazon for original content with this kind of line-up.  Defenders...wow!  Are they going to have a flying horse and everything?  Dr. Strange too?  This could get quite interesting.

Thanks again for the info.

OK, what other Marvel/DC universe archetypes are in SoTM?  I'm having a hard time finding an equivalent to The Argent Adept - and Aqashbuta seems pretty darn unique as well.

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

OCMike123 wrote:

Spiff wrote:

Hey, great link...I had not seen that before.  Netflix could very well start to rival HBO/Amazon for original content with this kind of line-up.  Defenders...wow!  Are they going to have a flying horse and everything?  Dr. Strange too?  This could get quite interesting.Thanks again for the info. OK, what other Marvel/DC universe archetypes are in SoTM?  I'm having a hard time finding an equivalent to The Argent Adept - and Aqashbuta seems pretty darn unique as well.

They are just using the Defenders name to represent the Marvel Knights line. The Defenders are all the street level heroes, rather than who the Defenders are in the comics.

On another note Doctor Strange is getting his own movie, played by Benedict Cumberbatch

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

Fun fact: In Frank Miller's "The Man Without Fear," there is a character called "Mr. Fixer," but he's one of the mafiosos, and he's called that because it's his job to fix fights.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

That guy was in the Netflix show too.  He was the one who (spoiler) tried to get Matt's dad to throw the fight.

http://screenrant.com/daredevil-netflix-easter-eggs-spoilers/

OCMike123

OK...just sayin'...season 2 episode 3...Daredevil uses a chain, a wrench, and a crowbar all in the same sequence to fight off a bunch of guys...someone on the Daredevil writing team is a SoTM fan...again, just sayin'.  :)

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

OCMike123 wrote:

OK, what other Marvel/DC universe archetypes are in SoTM?  I'm having a hard time finding an equivalent to The Argent Adept - and Aqashbuta seems pretty darn unique as well.

Well there's quite a few obvious ones(Legacy=Captain America/Superman=Super Soldier!, Tachyon=Flash, Bunker=Iron Man/War Machine,ExPatriette=Punisher), but then there's others who appear more unique. I'd love to make a full list of each character when I have the time.

Argent Adept is easiest compared to most sorcerer-type characters, like Dr. Strange or Zatana, but I'm not sure about the musical half of the character. I'm certain there's a few music themed ones that were generated in the 80s and 70s(google Vibe from DC Comics), but I doubt that they're in the foreground.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Setback is kind of like Longshot. Not entirely, but kind of.

Parse is part Hawkeye, part Oracle.

When it helps, I liken KNYFE to Psylocke.

jorgenp

Mr. Fixer has always given off a Mr. Miyagi vibe to me.