The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Mission Heros **spoiler** if you don't follow the oblivion updates

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
uu
uu's picture
Mission Heros **spoiler** if you don't follow the oblivion updates

So with the latest update on oblivion we now know that heros can be rewards for missions with the existence of the chronoists mission card. What other version heros do you guy thing will join the fight?

Every artist was first an amateur.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Listing the thing you are trying to avoid spoiling in the title of your thread is not exactly a great way too avoid spoilers!

I want to see the Setback cosplays Mr Fixer characters from ... that one card in that one deck with alternate versions of heroes (I am great at remembering things usually).

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Comrade Bubbles
Comrade Bubbles's picture

Quando Ahora?

The space/time continuum was broken when I got here. Honest.

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

I want to see Guise cosplay as Setback cosplaying Mr Fixer character from Quando Ahora

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

From what I remember from last Gencon, I am fairly certain we'll see the Naturlist as a Giant Vulture. We'll see the Voidforms of the Virtuoso's. We'll see the Soviet suit with fire and ice cannons (I learned their name at Gencon, but I cannot recall it now, I wonder if it is in my old post I wrote back then)

There is also a Hell's Angel type of character, maybe the variant of Apostate from the Quando Ahora set? Or did he appear on some Gate artwork?

Seriosuly though, I want to see the artwork for Chekov's HAirdryer. I know it is the Wraith's trusty sidekick, but that thing was killer in the demo version so I suspect the art shall be epic.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Chaosmancer wrote:

From what I remember from last Gencon, I am fairly certain we'll see the Naturlist as a Giant Vulture. We'll see the Voidforms of the Virtuoso's. We'll see the Soviet suit with fire and ice cannons (I learned their name at Gencon, but I cannot recall it now, I wonder if it is in my old post I wrote back then) 

If memory serves properly from the beginning of April, it's Cold War.

uu
uu's picture

@matchstickman i wabted to put that cause i fivired everyone knew about the mission stuff for the heros so if they didnt want to know any spoilers till it comes out i wouldnt be the one to let them know

Ralph Waldo Emerson

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Chaosmancer wrote:
There is also a Hell's Angel type of character, maybe the variant of Apostate from the Quando Ahora set? Or did he appear on some Gate artwork?
If you mean the dark-armored Apostate, yes, he was on the Be the Gate page (along with many other heroes I hope we see).  If you mean a literal "Hell's Angel" type, then that's Void Guard Mainstay's Road Warrior variant.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

liarliar
liarliar's picture

From the playtest image that was tweeted, it looks like we're getting: Arataki (alt Haka), The Everyman (alt Proletariat), Lucky Break (super-Setback), and The Seraph (alt-Apostate).

To get Seraph I think we need to fight evil Fanatic, aka Hellion, which I'm looking forward to - I really want to have original- flavour Fanatic in that fight :D

Medic-Tank
Medic-Tank's picture
Playtester

If you parse in Proletariat's deck you'll see that he already refers to himself as Everyman wich is a fantastic communist super hero name. So I believe the is main timeline Proletariat's effort against Oblivaeon.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

liarliar wrote:
Lucky Break (super-Setback)
It was Lucky Strike in that document, who I inferred was the Setback/Mr. Fixer from Quando? Ahora!  He might get a name change, though, if they don't want to invoke the brand of cigarettes.

Submit your games here!

liarliar
liarliar's picture

It would be very cool to see regular Proletarat fighting on the side of good - from what I got out of the Letters Page, he's not that bad, just a bit misguided mostly. I just figured he was from an AU because in the test doc, you get him from fighting The Red Menace, who sounds like a Russian supervillain to me.

kitmehsu
kitmehsu's picture
Playtester

Maybe it's involving making him an ally instead of a foe. So initially, he's the red menace, but once you resolve the mission, he joins your side as the Everyman. 

speedyolrac
speedyolrac's picture
Playtester

Native American lady Chrono ranger!
Also form be the gate.
Or any one form ¿Quando? ¿Ahora? It not like I have a NightMist variant as my icon.

"A stranger is a friend you haven't met yet." - Star

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

I want a Letters Page episode about the XPWs and the Be the Gate and Quando Ahora heroes someday with at least some general beats of how their lives diverged from the "normalverse".

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

uu
uu's picture

I feel like the akash flora will be a mission card unless its in thriyas deck already

Ralph Waldo Emerson

corran109
corran109's picture

uu wrote:

I feel like the akash flora will be a mission card unless its in thriyas deck already

Given how large a part the tree seems to play in that battle, most definitely. Though I'm more curious what the mission side will look like, since the reward is probably Akash-Flora?

uu
uu's picture

Either gettibg rid of a certain amount of power cards or maybe emptying a deck?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

corran109
corran109's picture

Oh, I more meant what the theme/art/character of the mission will be.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

It could possibly have something to do with destroying a certain number of environment cards in one turn, since from what we seen of Akash's hero deck she likes to put things into the environment.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Or literally putting things directly into the environment.  Something like "At the (start|end) of your turn, you may play any number of cards from the top of the environment deck.  If you play at least H cards this way, flip this card."

Submit your games here!

Ehkrickor
Ehkrickor's picture

I'm really excited for Seraph,(the good apostate from Be the Gate) and I'd also like to see the angry looking tempest from Quando? Ahora!

uu
uu's picture

Citizen storm

Ralph Waldo Emerson