The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Message notifications not being sent

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester
Message notifications not being sent

When I send someone a message through the messaging option on this forum, it used to send them an e-mail telling them about it. That no longer seems to happen.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

It's an issue that has been around for some time now. Very frustrating.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

There's not even an indication, that I can see, that you've gotten a new message, here on the forums. :B

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

TakeWalker wrote:

There's not even an indication, that I can see, that you've gotten a new message, here on the forums. :B

We have to go to the "My Account" link at the top of the page. It will tell you there.

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

But if you don't do that on a regular basis...

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Yeah, every other forum I use gives a litle pop-up window letting me know if I get a PM. On this one I have to go into "My Account" and then "Messages" to see if I've had any PMs. It's not something I can be arsed to do very often so I have occasionally missed PMs. Fortunately I don't get sent them very often right now so I haven't missed anything for a while ;).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Oh, don't get me wrong -- it's crap. :-(
I just wanted to make sure you knew that was there. ;-)

Ameena, FYI: You don't have to go to "Messages" -- just going to your account will show you if you have any new messages. Like I said, it's annoying, but it's there... :-/ You are absolutely correct that notification for messages is usually base forum functionality. :-(

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)