The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

"Meat"eor Shield

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pavane
Pavane's picture
"Meat"eor Shield

We won a 5-player match against Iron Legacy last night, acheiving a Flawless Victory (every hero at full strength at the end of the game).  We used a convenient Meteor Shower to shield everything from damage, while The Argent Adept stripped Iron Legacy of his ongoing cards using Sarabande of Destruction, Tempest healed the heroes from previous damage with Cleansing Downpour, and everyone built up their cards in play for an overwhelming alpha-strike.  The Argent Adept was first to play and destroyed the Meteor Shower with the Sarabande so he didn't have to sacrfice his whole turn.  Iron Legacy was defeated on the round after the Meteor Storm was removed.

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

Very nicely done! That would also give Tachyon time to charge up a lightspeed barrage or two as well.

Steam Username: General Specific

You gotta know when to hold 'em,
Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

Medic-Tank
Medic-Tank's picture
Playtester

Killswitch wrote:

Very nicely done! That would also give Tachyon time to charge up a lightspeed barrage or two as well.

That's exactly how my first game against him went with judicious use of the play two card card to destroy the meteor, superhuman redirection and twin lightspeed him into oblivion all at once. Angry paul is vulnerable on mars.

Pavane
Pavane's picture

Killswitch wrote:

That is exactly what happened.  The debate among the heroes was when to eliminate the Meteor Storm.  The hard deadline was to do so before Iron Legacy recycled his trash into his deck, thereby releasing those big, bad ongoings that The Argent Adept had previously destroyed.

Pavane
Pavane's picture

Medic-Tank wrote:

Killswitch wrote:

That's exactly how my first game against him went with judicious use of the play two card card to destroy the meteor, superhuman redirection and twin lightspeed him into oblivion all at once. Angry paul is vulnerable on mars.

Maybe there is some Kryptonite in those meteors. smiley

armadagon
armadagon's picture

Well, considering that both Legacy and his daughter (depending on the timeline) fell to Blade at Wagner...  Perhaps this was intentional?

My Livestream - Streaming every Thursday from 9 to Midnight

My YouTube Archive - Missed the stream?  Catch up here!

mightyschoop

Nice. I had a win against Iron Legacy where Imbued Vitality came out of the Realm of Discord, allowing me to beat his ongoing to death. Fun match.