The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Lost My Second Mint to Steam Sync Issues

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
erikoverton
Lost My Second Mint to Steam Sync Issues

I just lost my second Mint One Shot because of Steam Sync.  This is becoming increadibly disheartening.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I want to like One Shots and I do like the challenge, but I everytime I miss a mint, especially to a bug, it makes me want to uninstall it a little more.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

We are not aware of any bugs within our game relating to Steam cloud saves. If there's a bug in the Steam client, you should report it to Valve.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

erikoverton

Thanks MigrantP. I know this isn't on your end.  I was womdering if others were having similar issues. I will try steam to try and stop this from happening again, But I know Steam will not be able to help me retrieve my mint.

The first time I lost a mint I pretty sure it was my fault.  I did not pay enough attention when the steam cloud error came up.  This time I was careful.  The first thing I did when I launched the game was check my mints.  When I saw it wasn't there, I closed and noticed steam sync.  When it was done, I pulled my laptop out.  Steam had issues connecting, whne it finally did, I saw sentinels update on my laptop before I had chance to open it there.  Steam gave me no warning.

It'd be nice if I could fix this with a patch, but I understand that might cheapen the xperience for others.

Any chance Handelabra might offer chances to remint?  Maybe on SOTM TVG's anniverseries?

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

What is a "mint" in the context of Steam? I have Steam but I've never ever seen that word come up anywhere...

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

For the Weekly One Shots.

Belle Sorciere
Belle Sorciere's picture

Ameena wrote:

What is a "mint" in the context of Steam? I have Steam but I've never ever seen that word come up anywhere...

So Handelabra has implemented weekly one-shots, which are specific games (heroes + villain + environment) set up every week. If you play the game and win on the first try without using rewind, you get "mint," which is the best possible. If you win on the first game and use rewind or win the second game, you get near mint. If you win on the third or later attempt, you get fine, and if you win a previous week's weekly one-shot, you get good.

Mint, near mint, fine, and good are also quality labels for comics. A mint condition comic is in perfect condition. Near mint is nearly perfect, fine is in good condition but clearly seen some use, and good is also good condition but not as good as fine.

emcg575797
emcg575797's picture

erikoverton wrote:

I just lost my second Mint One Shot because of Steam Sync.  This is becoming increadibly disheartening. Has anyone else had this issue? I want to like One Shots and I do like the challenge, but I everytime I miss a mint, especially to a bug, it makes me want to uninstall it a little more.

I had an issue with my ipad 2 which would drop me out of a game after about an hour, and on the weekly one shots I wouldn't get the option to continue game. Lost a couple of Mints that way.

I ended up buying a new ipad. Doesn't help you, I know, but I do feel your pain.

TheSoundOfTrees

Must the cloud be used to keep the "mint" and other condition levels ? My one-shot successes disappear as soon as I leave the game.

Any view of things that is not strange is false - Neil Gaiman

erikoverton

Thanks emcg575797.  Misery loves company.

Steam wasn't much help.

I'm going to try to only go for Mints on my Mac with Time Machine.  See if I can save them with that.

I do kind of wish that Mint was tied to HP or Heroes alive.  They could still only be obtained that week, but at least a bug, glitch or connection error wouldn't ruin your chances.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Ahh right, that would be why I had no idea what was meant, then, hehe. I think I had noticed some kind of "weekly one-shot" thingy on the game's homepage when I loaded it up a week or two ago but never checked it out.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Also, I know that steam ahs some updates on tuesdays. so that might have some affect on your mint. 

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....