The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

KNYFE--Focusing Conduit-Blade--Destruction Question

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
KNYFE--Focusing Conduit-Blade--Destruction Question

I was just looking at this card tonight and had a weird thought. A card is in play during its destruction effects - we know this from Explosives Wagon, for example. If Focusing Conduit-Blade is destroyed (regardless of whether it was because you used the power or not), you can play another equipment card. Since Focusing Conduit-Blade is still in play and Limited, does that mean that you can't play another copy of Focusing Conduit-Blade, even though this one is on its way out?

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Based on how Akash'Bhuta works I'd say you couldn't.  Though I feel intent in this card was that you could do that.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

I've been doing this all the time, but it does seem like a strict interpretation would forbid it. @Powerhound2000, what do you mean about Akash'Bhuta? Is it just confirmation that cards stay around while in the process of being destroyed?

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

grysqrl wrote:

I was just looking at this card tonight and had a weird thought. A card is in play during its destruction effects - we know this from Explosives Wagon, for example. If Focusing Conduit-Blade is destroyed (regardless of whether it was because you used the power or not), you can play another equipment card. Since Focusing Conduit-Blade is still in play and Limited, does that mean that you can't play another copy of Focusing Conduit-Blade, even though this one is on its way out?

My initial thought would that be you couldn't play the 2nd Focusing ConduitBlade in this instance

But anyone whos been around these forums for a while knows my initial reactions are pretty hit/miss

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I'm with the rest of you. I think a strict interpretation is that you can't play a second one, but I haven't been playing it that way and I don't know how you would word it to work the way I want it to.

Yak Guardian
Yak Guardian's picture
Playtester

I never thought about that one, but you are correct. You can't play a second FCB during the destruction of another. Have to start doing that one correctly now.

Yak Guardian
(aka Michael)
R.I.P. Blake Washington

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

dpt wrote:

I've been doing this all the time, but it does seem like a strict interpretation would forbid it. @Powerhound2000, what do you mean about Akash'Bhuta? Is it just confirmation that cards stay around while in the process of being destroyed?

Just confirmation that they stay in play which in the case of Mountainous Carapace causes Akash'Bhuta to take one less damage 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31