The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Known Scion List and Speculation: Who is the last Scion?

160 posts / 0 new
Last post
Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

I don't think so, mainly because time shenangins aren't exactly what Oblivaeon is known for.

We won't see any of the major forces from the RPG as Scions (as in if the team introduces a new immensley powerful villain, they won't have that villain have later become a scion for Oblivaeon) because the RPG timeline didn't exist until Oblivaeon was defeated and Oblivaeon can't act in times after he has been defeated.

Essentially, I don't think Oblivaeon is paradox proof like La Commodora, so since she was lost mid-fight with him, he didn't have the "time" to go and recruit her in his weakened state, and if he was going to do something like that, he would have gotten her ealier so she couldn't hit him that hard and add to his defeat.

It just causes too many time shenangins

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

I'm not saying that OblivAeon himself timetraveled to get her.

I'm saying she's outside of time, like Chrono Ranger was. Just because she entered during the OblivAeon fight doesn't mean she's only there "after" the OblivAeon fight, because she's in a place where terms like "after" just don't apply.

We already know that Tim Cosing was trapped somewhere outside of time and space, so we know that it's something OblivAeon can do.

So what I'm saying is, by knocking herself outside of time, she put herself in a place where OblivAeon could have, in theory, come across her much earlier in OblivAeon's personal timeline. 

The Burning Stickman

Now, the dialogue with the traitor Scion just plain doesn't sound like Maria Helena, so I'm honestly not inclined to think she actually is Tim Cosing. I just think it's a possibility and that Voss is perhaps too obvious a candidate, so I wanted it on the record just in case.

Lord Flash Fire
Lord Flash Fire's picture

I feel like Maria Helena Is an out-there guess, so I’m going to provide a few more just for fun. FYI, they all start with R because Q  and something before SA is hard to find, and I’m not original enough to come up with a name after PR

Red Note: If Dark Visionary’s spirit can be a Scion, why can’t the Dark Conductor? (However, Argent still has problems with him in Tactics I think, so...)

Reincarnate: Apostate has taken a new body and accepted Oblivaeon’s call. Fits well with his power of taking control of corpses after he kills them (Idk, again, he shows up afterwards, but...)

(I was about to say how cool would it be if the Celestial Tribunal was a Scion, because I was looking for potential scions in evil heroes, villains, AND environments.)

Reflection: Glamour seems like an awesome scion, but I can’t tell how Oblivaeon could’ve found her outside time and space. 

Renegade sounds like an awesome name for the traitor Scion, but I think Chrono-Ranger dons that name in Tactics. I really want that to be it though.

Again, completely random ideas, just for fun and covering my bases so I may win once Oblivaeon ships.

" Ever had those days where you have amazing luck,
everything goes right, and you feel like the king of the world...
....And then you wake up?"
-Someone special, 2012

The Burning Stickman

Lord Flash Fire wrote:

I feel like Maria Helena Is an out-there guess, so I’m going to provide a few more just for fun. FYI, they all start with R because Q  and something before SA is hard to find, and I’m not original enough to come up with a name after PR

Yeah, I almost dubbed my Maria Helena guess as "Quartermaster" because it's the only vaguely naval/piratey title I could think of with Q.
padcurtin
padcurtin's picture

Total off the wall guess but what about S'Sdairi the gladiator ? She's an alien , her name fits and the coliseum is outside space and time

Sapienta potentia est

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Lord Flash Fire - The Celestial Tribunal did come back as a Scion - Sanction ;).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

I was going to point that out until I realized they probably already figured that out since they said "I was about to..." and put that part in parentheses.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

The Burning Stickman

Ooh, I finally came up with a good R one for La Capitan: Raider.

I can thank a crossword puzzle for that one.

Nilus
Nilus's picture
Playtester

I think Voss seems like a good guess.  It would explain why we have not gotten a Letter Page about him yet.  Considering the other three initial villians were covered within the first 10 episodes just seems odd that we have went this long without dedicating an episode about him.  Tempest is also the only non-core hero we have not talked about yet.  We have had episodes on characters that are not even out yet, it seems like they are intentionally holding these two back for some reason.     

ThePhantom

Nilus wrote:

I think Voss seems like a good guess.  It would explain why we have not gotten a Letter Page about him yet.  Considering the other three initial villians were covered within the first 10 episodes just seems odd that we have went this long without dedicating an episode about him.  Tempest is also the only non-core hero we have not talked about yet.  We have had episodes on characters that are not even out yet, it seems like they are intentionally holding these two back for some reason.     

As of the Urban Settings episode, it sounded like there will be a Captain Cosmic/Infinitor episode set coming up soonish before Tempest/Voss, right? Did I hear that correctly? Then Tempest would close out the Prime Wardens block after that, I would think. But scheduling in all these Not Closing Out the Prime Wardens Block Block does indeed seem to point towards pushing off the Hypothetical Voss Reveal to closer to release. 

Aside: I mistyped it as Time Wardens and that's now the name of the Prog Rock group La Comodora and Chrono-ranger will co-front. 

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Where were we on the possibility of the last Scion being Iron Legacy?

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

I AM THE LAST SCION!

YOU SHALL PERISH UNDER MY FISTS OF DOOOM!

Or, just tell me about your day

MWHAHAHAHAHA!

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

I think Iron Legacy is unlikely. It doesn't fit really, and Oblivaeon had other uses for the Iron Legacy Timeline and therefore Iron Legacy. La Commodora stopped that during the fight, erasing that timeline, and Oblivaeon couldn't have grabbed Iron Legacy from outside time and space until after that. Oblivaeon's own timeline seems inviolable, so the logic doesn't pan out for me. He would have known the timeline was erased before La Commodora ruined his plans by erasing that timeline and that doesn't work.

FrivYeti
FrivYeti's picture

It also doesn't fit his goals and motives. Iron Legacy is evil, but his basic goal remains to protect and save the world - his thing is being absolutely ruthless and cruel in doing so. Oblivaeon wants to destroy everything; I don't think Iron Legacy's unyielding certainty would bend to serve that, even as a ploy. 

UXM266
UXM266's picture

FrivYeti wrote:

It also doesn't fit his goals and motives. Iron Legacy is evil, but his basic goal remains to protect and save the world - his thing is being absolutely ruthless and cruel in doing so. Oblivaeon wants to destroy everything; I don't think Iron Legacy's unyielding certainty would bend to serve that, even as a ploy. 

Well,there's a chance he could be. Apocalypse, with all his pwoer, corrupts mutants to be his Horsemen. Thier power amps up, and their personality changes. They start to lose that empathy, and depending on which Horseman, certain restrictions. So, though Iron Legacy was Lawful Evil, he can be changed so that his ruthless oprder transists to something more relentless and destructive. 

Or, the last Scion can be me. 

The Girl With N...

In the Blood Magic episode of the Letters Page last week, I think Christopher and Adam said Lifeline got called out on his use of blood magic by Slamara. It's a long shot, but what if she's the last Scion? She sees things to come, after all...

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Good thought - and the Enclave meets the "beyond time and space" criterion as it lives in its own little pocket dimension.

MarioFanaticXV
MarioFanaticXV's picture

https://store.greaterthangames.com/wrath-of-the-cosmos-preorder-throwback-bundle-clone-.html

"In a dark future where [REDACTED] patrols and judges the world with an iron fist, the Freedom Six formed from the remnants of the Freedom Five, whose time had long since past."

So is this confirmation that Iron Legacy is [REDACTED], or is Christopher just throwing us a red herring?

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

I think it's just so any newcomers to the set still get a surprise when they find out about Iron Legacy...

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

There's also at least one copy-paste error on that page (the first paragraph of the description is for Wrath of the Cosmos).

That bundle would be a pretty good deal for anyone who somehow had Wrath of the Cosmis but was still missing Shattered Timelines.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

MarioFanaticXV
MarioFanaticXV's picture

I'm half tempted to get it just for the Freedom Six promos, but then again, now that I have the foil collection, I'm honestly not sure if I even want to keep the original promos I have.

Nilus
Nilus's picture
Playtester

MindWanderer wrote:

There's also at least one copy-paste error on that page (the first paragraph of the description is for Wrath of the Cosmos).That bundle would be a pretty good deal for anyone who somehow had Wrath of the Cosmis but was still missing Shattered Timelines.

Im actually sad they never did a deal to sell just the box for the combined shatter timelines/Wraith of Cosmos sets.  My completionist DNA aches knowing I don’t have one box,  even though in a few short months they will all be obsolute.  

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

So, I mentioned this to Chaosmancer a few days ago, but I figure that I might put it here for posterity: what if it's Parse?

UXM266
UXM266's picture

PlatinumWarlock wrote:

So, I mentioned this to Chaosmancer a few days ago, but I figure that I might put it here for posterity: what if it's Parse?

Check out the quote on the bottom of my posts

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

UXM266 wrote:

PlatinumWarlock wrote:

But there is no card for UXM266, and we know it isn't Ambuscade.

The idea of it being Parse could potentially work. As we see on her foil incap art, her connection with Oblivaeon is fairly direct, and her ability to see the flaws and weaknesses and exploit them could be something that Oblivaeon wants to exploit himself.

We see her analyzing Oblivaeon early on in her Fugue State Incap art, but we haven't seen or heard of them fighting.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

Except that Scion's Aid describes the Scion as smirking and smug, which doesn't sound like Parse at all.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Chaosmancer wrote:

UXM266 wrote:
 PlatinumWarlock wrote:

But there is no card for UXM266, and we know it isn't Ambuscade. The idea of it being Parse could potentially work. As we see on her foil incap art, her connection with Oblivaeon is fairly direct, and her ability to see the flaws and weaknesses and exploit them could be something that Oblivaeon wants to exploit himself. We see her analyzing Oblivaeon early on in her Fugue State Incap art, but we haven't seen or heard of them fighting.

AH HA! That's where you are wrong. I'mm just invisible! MWHAHAHAHA!

I never considered a hero being the last scion. I'd love it to be somone like Young Legacy, maybe being corrupted, or Nightmist? AFter using her power to it's extet she's left in a weakened state, only to be taken advantage of, and brainwashed. 

PlatinumWarlock

Arcanist Lupus wrote:

Except that Scion's Aid describes the Scion as smirking and smug, which doesn't sound like Parse at all.

Do we really know that much about Parse's personality as to dismiss that?  Particularly after going into the Fugue State?  

PlatinumWarlock

So, here's an interesting tidbit:

On the recently-released OblivAeon rulebook, there's a passage describing a strange interaction in regards to the [REDACTED] scion:

If a hero would be resurrected by the Rites of Revival from the Temple of Zhu Long, that hero character card is instead returned to the box, making it available to be played later in the game.  Any reward cards under that hero card are immediately put into the hand of the player who controlled that hero.  However... (Begin REDACTED block)

This seems to imply [REDACTED] either interferes with the players' ability to resurrect heroes OR it interferes with reward cards in some manner.  I'm not sure either Voss or Parse would fit either of those...

UXM266
UXM266's picture

PlatinumWarlock wrote:

So, here's an interesting tidbit:On the recently-released OblivAeon rulebook, there's a passage describing a strange interaction in regards to the [REDACTED] scion:If a hero would be resurrected by the Rites of Revival from the Temple of Zhu Long, that hero character card is instead returned to the box, making it available to be played later in the game.  Any reward cards under that hero card are immediately put into the hand of the player who controlled that hero.  However... (Begin REDACTED block)This seems to imply [REDACTED] either interferes with the players' ability to resurrect heroes OR it interferes with reward cards in some manner.  I'm not sure either Voss or Parse would fit either of those... 

The Profane Zealot... on the otherhand, does do stuff with targets in the trash! I AM ZE LAST SCION! 

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Will the real last Scion please stand up...

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

You're asssuming they have legs, what if they are just a ball of energy or a pile of sentient coleslaw?

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Coleslaw doesn't come alphabetically before Progeny.

But potato salad does...

UXM266
UXM266's picture

TakeWalker wrote:

Coleslaw doesn't come alphabetically before Progeny.But potato salad does...

Quole-Slaw does!

Nilus
Nilus's picture
Playtester

UXM266 wrote:

TakeWalker wrote:
Coleslaw doesn't come alphabetically before Progeny.But potato salad does...

Quole-Slaw does!

Quole-Slaw the last Slawonian went with the other Endlings to that strange pocket dimension

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

That's okay, I forgot it's actually between Progeny and Sanction anyway. c.c;

...Rutabaga. The last Scion is a rutabaga.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

There is one more hint no one's pointed out yet: the text box.  You can just barely see the box that contains the name under the top of the *REDACTED* black box.  It's all the way over on the left, but those boxes are centered.  This means that the 10th scion's full name is long, like Nixious the Chosen and Borr the Unstable.

Of course, there could be any old apellation on there.  "Rutabaga the Relentless" or whatever.  But it's not going to be a simple name.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

#BringBackRutabaga

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

#FinalScion #YouWillEatYourVegetables

UXM266
UXM266's picture

bobbertoriley wrote:

#FinalScion #YouWillEatYourVegetables

are you implying the Green Grocer is the last scion?

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

Depends, are you the Green Grosser? ;)

UXM266
UXM266's picture

bobbertoriley wrote:

Depends, are you the Green Grosser? ;)

I'm not, but the best name for the Scion Green Grocer has to be the Vegemighty!

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Okay so, I know I'm late, but what about orbo as the scion.

His name is Sephiroth but his friends call him Sephie.

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Oooh.... that’s a wicked idea! What better way to destroy the world with a world! 

Lord Flash Fire
Lord Flash Fire's picture

So then if Oblivaeon wants only nothingness aside from himself, then what does he plan to do with his Scions after the Multiverse's destruction?

" Ever had those days where you have amazing luck,
everything goes right, and you feel like the king of the world...
....And then you wake up?"
-Someone special, 2012

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

I'd suggest that being imbued directly with OblivAeon's power also comes with a bit of mind control and thus are okay with being destroyed, but the Last Scion seems to be able to act against him. Maybe most see the futility in opposing him, and thus would rather be on the winning side at the end, hoping that their own demise will at least be quick and painless...

rjc917
rjc917's picture
Playtester

Or maybe being imbued directly with OblivAeon's power means OblivAeon considers them part of himself, so even if they're still around after the world ends, OblivAeon would technically still have nothingness aside from himself.

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Why does oblivaeon only want nothing aside from himself anyways?

His name is Sephiroth but his friends call him Sephie.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

I think they may have mentioned something in the Wager Master episode of the Letters Page, but I can't remember.

Pages