The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

It is entirely possible for ordinary cops to punch out the likes of gloomweaver and that is amazing

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
X-metal
X-metal's picture
It is entirely possible for ordinary cops to punch out the likes of gloomweaver and that is amazing

Okay so you know megalopolis right? You know how it has polic backup as a card? And you know how cramped quarters combat is a thing, right? Now, you have that, and gloomweaver at low hp, and police backup out, and it being the environment turn and you get the police punching frigging gloomweaver. Or friggin omnitron. Or frigging grand warlord voss. How friggin awesme is that? Just a moment of appreciationg how frigging awesome the megalopolis police are. Rook City, take notes.

His name is Sephiroth but his friends call him Sephie.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

On the rare occasion that we play with Megalopolis, it is extrememly entertaining to see the police take out the villain. laugh

But other that that, we really feel like Megalopolis sucks. frown

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

...unless you get Rooftop Combat come out as the first card and you're playing against someone who can't do anything to get rid of Environment cards. Then it's kind of fun >:).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Trajector
Trajector's picture

I just had a related totally-legal-and-expected-but-also-just-hilariawesome play today:

I sucker punched Shu.

Bigbywolfe

Talking about the Megalopolis police punching Gloomweaver instantly made me think of Detective Dan Turpin in Superman:TAS. Dude started punching Parademons and talks back to Darkseid.
Having things in SOTM that can reflet that sort of thing really makes me love this game.

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

I once remarked to a friend that, in my game, the cop in Megalopolis (who if I remember correctly is a blonde woman) took out a fallen angel (Apostate). Their response?

"I didn't know Karrin Murphy was in that game."

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Ha ha! :D

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

The Burning Stickman wrote:

I once remarked to a friend that, in my game, the cop in Megalopolis (who if I remember correctly is a blonde woman) took out a fallen angel (Apostate). Their response?"I didn't know Karrin Murphy was in that game."

Yes!

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

robertmaxfreeman
robertmaxfreeman's picture

I too hate Megalopolis. Way too much of it revolves around denying the players the ability to do anything. I'd rather the villains get more powerful, or our heroes take a lot of damage, then go a turn unable to draw/play cards/use powers.

"It's all chaos. Be kind."

Blackfang108
Playtester

robertmaxfreeman wrote:

I too hate Megalopolis. Way too much of it revolves around denying the players the ability to do anything. I'd rather the villains get more powerful, or our heroes take a lot of damage, then go a turn unable to draw/play cards/use powers.

Especially painful coupled with Progeny.

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

After playing the Games required for unlocking the Freedom Five variants, I’ve gotten used to Megalopolis and now know how to bend it to my will, or avoid the roadblocks.

eitherway, it’s a painful environment because it’s so boring. It’s slows the game down, and doesn’t do anything too cool. 

Its not not my least favourite one,but it’s not awful.

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

robertmaxfreeman
robertmaxfreeman's picture

The whole 'cops arrest' Thanos situation comes up a lot in Arkham Horror too. I can just imagine the police report after arresting and booking a tentacle monster for assault and resisting arrest.

"It's all chaos. Be kind."