The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Is Kismet's Talisman a non-Hero target

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
mlangsdorf
Is Kismet's Talisman a non-Hero target

I'm playing Fanatic and Ra against Kismet. Ra is using Drawn to the Flame to do massive damage to everything, and has flipped the Talisman to the "Stolen Charm" side. I want Fanatic to play Chastise ("play next to a non-hero target other than a character card") on the Talisman, but the video game isn't letting me do so. It's certainly letting me damage with it Drawn to the Flame, so I'm pretty sure that the Talisman should be a legal target for Chastise.

Is this a bug or am I misinterpreting the rules?

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

The Talisman is considered a character card, since it has stuff on both sides (having stuff on both sides is what makes something a character card).

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

mlangsdorf

Ah, okay. That's slightly non-intuitive, but it makes sense when I think about it.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Out of curiosity, why would you want to play Chastise on the Talisman, anyway? Chastise stops stuff from dealing damage, which the Talisman never does - it's always Kismet who hits things...

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

Ameena wrote:

Out of curiosity, why would you want to play Chastise on the Talisman, anyway? Chastise stops stuff from dealing damage, which the Talisman never does - it's always Kismet who hits things...

Chastise also makes the card immune to damage.  And since the Talisman goes back to Kismet when it runs out of health...

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Ahhh, okay, forgot about that. Fair enough! :)

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)