The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

imbue fire + cramped quarters combat

59 posts / 0 new
Last post
McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Yeah... Why are Carrion Fields and Plage Locus targets? I guess it makes sense -- so you can actually get rid of them -- but by punching them?

For non-combat targets like these and traffic jam, I pictured it as the heroes actually CLEANING UP the mess, rather than punching it. But literally cleaning it up, with like brooms and stuff. Hilarious.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

flamethrower49
Playtester

Yeah, Legacy sure knows how to... encourage his companions to clean up bird poop?  No way he's wading in there, though.  Just got the suit dry-cleaned. 

The_Densetsu
Playtester

McBehrer wrote:
Yeah... Why are Carrion Fields and Plage Locus targets? I guess it makes sense -- so you can actually get rid of them -- but by punching them?

For non-combat targets like these and traffic jam, I pictured it as the heroes actually CLEANING UP the mess, rather than punching it. But literally cleaning it up, with like brooms and stuff. Hilarious.

That's what Mister Fixer's there for.

Janitor with the Jackhandle Broom.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

but... he's an auto mechanic.

It's not a broom. It's a JACK handle. As in, the handle you use to raise a jack with a car on it.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

dragonlordged
dragonlordged's picture

You'd think AZ's Subzero Atmosphere would keep Carrion Field's stink down, but no...

kronmichael

Actually this one (converted damage gets bonus) makes some sense to me. There is no conflict between the conversion and the buffing, really. Followed a link from Bgg thread about the interaction of Imbued Fire and Micro Targeting Computer. That is the one where I don't get the proposed answer.

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Well, that one is simple.  If The Wraith has Micro Targeting Computer on the table, and she deals projectile damage, then it's increased by two.  If Imbued Fire is played, and she deals projectile damage, it is converted to fire, and then only increased by one, as she actually dealt fire damage, not projectile damage.  If something else were to then convert her damage to projectile (say, a Twist the Ether), the increase of one by Imbued Fire would no longer apply, but the increase of two from Micro Targeting Computer would (reset to increase by two, not increase by three).

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

Vyolynce
Vyolynce's picture

TheJayMann wrote:
If something else were to then convert her damage to projectile (say, a Twist the Ether), the increase of one by Imbued Fire would no longer apply, but the increase of two from Micro Targeting Computer would (reset to increase by two, not increase by three).

...ignoring the inherent adjustment of TtE.

Pages