The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

If only there was a quote feature...

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker
If only there was a quote feature...

[Split from K.N.Y.F.E.'s Overdo It - incredibly underwhelming]

Man! If only there was an easy way to get text from another post, having it clearly labeled as such, with even the username listed, so that way everyone would know who and what folks are responding to. I think I should let someone know that this is a feature that the forums really needs.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Ronway wrote:

Man! If only there was an easy way to get text from another post, having it clearly labeled as such, with even the username listed, so that way everyone would know who and what folks are responding to. I think I should let someone know that this is a feature that the forums really needs.

it takes a little work but you can do it yourself.  Might be tough to add as a forum feature.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

That looks like it takes way too much work. I will start a petition to have a button added on the bottom right of every post. It will say "quote", note that it will not be capital, because capitals are lame!

Edit: Anyone that wishes to have a "quote" button added, click the link below and put your username on it. We must have this feature, it'll end the confusion of what people are responding to! 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IOG_pnWNOHqTK8hDw6PhoUtLAckuJTpuVqZI4RwoF5s/edit

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

Ronway wrote:

That looks like it takes way too much work. I will start a petition to have a button added on the bottom right of every post. It will say "quote", note that it will not be capital, because capitals are lame! Edit: Anyone that wishes to have a "quote" button added, click the link below and put your username on it. We must have this feature, it'll end the confusion of what people are responding to! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IOG_pnWNOHqTK8hDw6PhoUtLAckuJTpuVqZI...

I think we need this feature too!

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Hurrah! I finally got a topic to get so derailed that it got split! Victory accomplished...

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Mad with power I tells you

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Ronway wrote:

That looks like it takes way too much work. I will start a petition to have a button added on the bottom right of every post. It will say "quote", note that it will not be capital, because capitals are lame! Edit: Anyone that wishes to have a "quote" button added, click the link below and put your username on it. We must have this feature, it'll end the confusion of what people are responding to! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IOG_pnWNOHqTK8hDw6PhoUtLAckuJTpuVqZI...

I disagree. I'd never use a feature like that. If you want a quote button then you're as bad as a Nazi.

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

I completely disapprove of this "quote" button idea. Rumors are only fun if they can not be tracked to their source and clarified. They have to grow out of control like a wildfire and consume everything around them.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Silverleaf wrote:

Ronway wrote:

I disagree. I'd never use a feature like that. If you want a quote button then you're as bad as a Nazi.

Nazi's?  Did this just become the history channel?

I suggest that you all consider the possibilities that ancient peoples had quote buttons because of Aliens.  That's why Nazi's wanted them.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I believe that anything worth saying is worth saying exactly once, never to be repeated again. Down with quotes!

Greywind
Greywind's picture
Playtester

That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.