The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Help with Kindle Fire version: Running out of space

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rust
Help with Kindle Fire version: Running out of space

Hey team I've had some trouble with the Kindle Fire version of SotM and was hoping others here could give me some advice on how to handle it. 

I purchased the game and the Season 1 pass and have been enjoying playing immensely. My problem occurred when the Shattered Timelines expansion was released. Was told I didn't have enough available space to download and install even with 2 gigs free. Here is the issue as I understand it.      (1) Season Pass is its own DLC rather than unlocking the individual DLC so you have to redownload all the previous DLC just to get what's new.      (2) Even though you can move apps to a SD card on the Kindle the DLC does not move and takes up space on the internal memory.      These two situations combined mean that Sentinels takes up over half the available space on a brand new Fire (I've not installed anything else) and so prevents you from being able to update and the only fix I could find to get Shattered Timelines was to completely uninstall the game and do a fresh install. I'd rather not do that for every update so was hoping to get some advice from other Kindle owners. 

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

We're working on ways to reduce the size of the DLC, but it's a lot of high resolution graphics & audio.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Rust

Glad to hear you are aware of this concern. 

Would it it be possible to move some of those files to the game itself rather than being part of the in-app purchase? If at some point only the host will need to own the DLC it seems this would need to happen eventually. 

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

I think we would have 100x the complaints about file size if everything was built into the initial download.

We are considering making a downloadable compatibility pack (like Borderlands) in the future.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Rust

I was thinking that it would be the same file size overall just stored differently. But looking around it appears this is a problem unique to the Kindle. Or otherwise its not a bother for anyone else. 

Rust

I just want to say thank you to Handalabra for the last update that totally addresses this issue. I am now confident that the Kindle will have room for Season 2