The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Help identifying Hero Character Fonts?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tegre
Tegre's picture
Help identifying Hero Character Fonts?

Ok, since I'm not one to necro a semi old thread like http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.com/forum/topic/sotm-fonts I was curious if anyone could help me identify the fonts for the expansion Heroes (and Unity)  I've been able to find either the art on Blambot OR I've been able to extract the Title Names from some of the PDF art.

The reason, if you must know, is that I've been trying to design some boxes for sleeved Sentinels Cards.  I also wanted to try to find some fonts for some of the upcoming heroes as well.

So far I've figured out the following from Blambot...

Expatriette is just Armor Piercing with Italics and the X in her name is custom

NightMist is "Vaporized" but with some playing around with the taper and wave settings in the font. As well as outer glow

Mister Fixer is made up of two fonts the first I think is Midnight Snack. The second I thought was Raging Red Locus due to it at least having a lower case set.

Argent Adept's is the worst of the bunch.  While I haven't looked at the script of his name (Virtuoso of the Void) just the whole "The Argent Adept" is killing me. I can tell this isn't a blambot font. I've thought of trying to remove it via Photoshop...however there is just so much going on with the design that...ugh.

Unity is another I can't peg...

And that's before I wait for more art for Omnitron-X, Chrono Ranger, and The Scholar (whose font already is making me scream a little)

I really want to do a really nice job on these.  I've made a few Villian ones, and the Villian ones I've sort of cheated and used the Armor Piercing Font uniformly for each villian - the only thing I've changed are the colors.

Oh and props where Props are due - I got the idea from Spiff - he made some for unsleeved cards. I thought...well mine are sleeved! Can they be this good? After making a few I realized how much easier they make setting up and breaking down the game. I'll attache two as an example.

Oh and for the boxes themselves, I used this page to generate a template:  http://tuckbox.gameupdates.com/

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

Two things:  I've spent a lot of time either trying to match the card's fonts or explicitly going in a different direction when I thought that would be better.  Towards the beginning (core set, for sure) I think all the fonts were from Blambot's site.  The newer stuff (Argent Adept, Scholar, etc.) isn't from Blambot, but since I've been able to find substitutions that I liked better in some cases, I haven't bothered to ask >G what their new font source is.  If you want to shoot me an email at , I can look up the names of the fonts I know of and/or tell you the names of the fonts I've used as substitutes.

Second, thanks to help from UMX266 here on the forums, I'm in the process of making a set of card boxes that will fit cards sleeved with penny sleeves.  Not that this should impact you if you're in the mood to make boxes yourself, but I should have those up on my site within a week probably.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

I'm helping Spiff (mind you minorly) to test sizes. I will be able to get a complete update sometime this week. i ahve quite a busy schedule. 

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

cgrater
Playtester

Sir Spiff or Sir Tegre, I would happily give you some blood and the change from inside my couch for some boxes in a size that would work for Dragonshield sleeved cards?

Spiff
Spiff's picture

I am not excited about the possibility of maintaining three different sizes of card boxes (was pushing it with two).  However, maybe the boxes I'm working on now will fit Dragonshields too?  Or maybe if I made them a couple of millimeters bigger they would?

Here's how we can be sure:  if you can measure the width and height of a single card in a Dragonshield, then measure the depth of a stack of 40 cards, 25 cards, and 15 cards and email me that info at , I'll check to see how that fits with what I'm making now.

When measuring the depth of a stack of cards, make sure they're not bound together or compressed at all when you measure it.  I'd need the height of the stack when they're just sitting naturally on top of each other.  Don't want to make the box too tight.

cgrater
Playtester

Email sent.

Measurements for reference -

A single card in a dragon shield sleeve measures 67.2 mm by 92.5 mm

A full Villain deck is 24 mm thick

A Hero deck is 31mm thick

An environment deck is 14 mm thick

Spiff
Spiff's picture

That's close to the same height and width but double or more the thickness.  That will likely be a problem for people since the penny sleeve folks won't want their boxes to be so extra-thick, taking up too much room in their storage boxes that they don't need.  We can keep kicking it around over email to see if there's a solution to be had.

Tegre
Tegre's picture

well for my current setup -

Heroes I have measuring in at 29mm

Villians I have at 19mm

and the Environments I have at 9mm

The only reasons I have it at these measurements is that I wanted a tight fit.  However my Environement Sleeves are too tight.

Spiff, if you want I can try putting my files in a dropbox in a little bit.  Otherwise I can attache my "generic" template here.

cgrater you can try my Omnitron and Spite boxes above or the below generic templates.

Spiff I'll upload the Unity one I pretty much used the font you had because ... well it did look a lot nicer than the current Unity Font.