The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Hasty Augementation + Submachine Gun or Exorcism

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
ketigid
Hasty Augementation + Submachine Gun or Exorcism

I know it has been answered the Hollow Points increase the damage of all instances of Submachine Gun. What if Hasty Augmentation was used to fire a Submachine Gun loaded with Hollow Points?

What if Hasty Augmentation was used on Exorcism? 3+1 or 3+3?

Reckless
Reckless's picture
PlaytesterInspiring Presence

As far as I can tell, since it doesn't state "Increase the next damage by 2", I believe it affects the whole power.  My thought is 3 + 3 for Exorcism and 5 to all non-Hero targets for Submachine Gun.

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

broccoli
broccoli's picture
Playtester

Agree on both.

"I'm not prone to hyperbole, but she is the Antichrist." - chwineka

flamethrower49
Playtester

So what about Thermal Shockwave?  So, it would increase each of the "1 damage to three targets" part.  Would it up the fire damage Zero deals to himself?  Would it up the cold damage he shoots out of the Isothermic Transducer?  (I've played it as yes to the first two, no on that last one.)

Reckless
Reckless's picture
PlaytesterInspiring Presence

Dear God...it would!  But yes, I believe the Isothermic Transducer is separate damage from the Power usage.

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

broccoli
broccoli's picture
Playtester

Holy crap!  I hope you can survive the initial hit.  Wow.

broccoli
broccoli's picture
Playtester

Oh, and completely unrelated to the original question, but someone pointed out the other day that Unity can use Hasty Augmentation on herself if she has, say Modular Workbench out to use that and her base power to get 2 Golems out, since her abilities "put them into play" rather than playing them.

It's probably obvious to everyone else, but for some reason I got distracted by the +2 damage and never thought to use it on her.

ketigid

flamethrower49 wrote:

So what about Thermal Shockwave?  So, it would increase each of the "1 damage to three targets" part.  Would it up the fire damage Zero deals to himself?  Would it up the cold damage he shoots out of the Isothermic Transducer?  (I've played it as yes to the first two, no on that last one.)

The 3 instance of cold dmg and 1 instance of cold dmg reads from the Thermal Shockwave text, so I guess they'll be increased. Isothermic Transducer is a trigger effect and not a power, so I guess no.

Side note, is that why AZ is on the Hasty Augmentation card art?

flamethrower49
Playtester

ketigid wrote:
Side note, is that why AZ is on the Hasty Augmentation card art?

Because they work awesomely together?  Yes, I'd say so.  smiley

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

And because he's on the flavor text... wink

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)