The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Haka's Spacetime-breaking, recursive pants party

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester
Haka's Spacetime-breaking, recursive pants party

Basically, we like to refer to Savage Mana as Haka shoving things in his pants. He just picks them up and crams them down in there. It's great when he does, like, space ships... La Capitan's boat... A live dragon (potentially twice! Zhu Long, meet other Zhu Long!) Somehow the joke came up that Pinkie Pie got caught up in there too, and decided to throw a party. A pants party. Because *shrug*. One hilarious interaction we found was that you could fight Baron Blade atop his mobile defense platform. Well, as you are no doubt well aware, in order to take on Blade, you need to bring down the MDP Target that exists within his villain deck. Doing so with Haka will cause him to stuff the MDP in his pants. While the rest of the fight is still taking place. INSIDE THAT VERY SAME MDP. So now everyone exists inside the MDP which is inside Haka's pants, which themselves are physically located inside the MDP. Looking outside results in a very Doctor Strange, kaleidoscope​-like recursion of themselves and the MDP, reflecting and refracting info infinity. Naturally, thanks to Spacetime itself being utterly destroyed, Pinkie is there again (running gags!) and decides to throw another party. A Haka's Pants Recursively Broke Spacetime Party. Then she looks up. "Oh, and someone already brought disco balls!"

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Interesting thread title........

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Damn pants breaking reality. It's just as insane as a grappling hook taking out a full hp T-Rex, or plugging up a volcano!

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Amazing. XD I will have to share this story with my friends.

We tend to consider Savage Mana as Haka "eating" things. And then puking them back out.

Which led to a funny scenario where he'd eaten a whole bunch of the Matriarch's birds. Haka goes to use Savage Mana's power for a bit hit against Matriarch, which I described this way:

Imagine the battle field. Haka has been rampaging around, stuffing whole birds in his mouth for some time now. Then, all of a sudden, he walks up to the Matriarch. She's ready to fight him, but he's rather green around the gills. She's like, Are you okay? To which he answers, in a pained voice, "Four and twenty blackbirds" then vomits a stream of birds back into her face.

I dunno, it was funny at the time.

uu
uu's picture

I didnt expect this when i got on... i dont know if i can ever forget this

Every artist was first an amateur.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

I use a similar analogy to Takewalker, referring to Savage-Mana'd things as "eaten", and then Haka "throwing up" when he unleashes the nommed things at a target :D.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

jesse_garcia_87
jesse_garcia_87's picture

Haka throws the BEST PARTIES! 

In the effort of doing stupid things, I'm a FLIPPIN' Genius!
-Me.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Ameena wrote:

I use a similar analogy to Takewalker, referring to Savage-Mana'd things as "eaten",

For us, he's putting things under a rock.
Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

What is he doing when he unleashes the damage? Pulling them out from under said rock, crushing them into a ball and chucking them at something? :D

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Funny enough, my group refers to him "eating" the targets, but then "chucking them" at the big bad.  Not a consistent analogy, but also not a disgusting or space-time-breaking one.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I mean, you can also think of it as "open mouth, spew out souls" because I think that's more in line with the flavor text of the card.

Maybe he's like a Ghostbusters ghost!

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Ameena wrote:

What is he doing when he unleashes the damage? Pulling them out from under said rock, crushing them into a ball and chucking them at something? :D

Actually... We tend to use the rock more as a repository for stuff we want to get out of the villain's play. ("Oh, the Mask of the Matriarch again. That's going under the rock!") So it doesn't really come up all that often!
Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

I feel a little sad that a thread about a Sentinels pants party does not somehow involve the Genetically Fused Pantsuit.

I kind of like the idea that Haka just sits on a giant pile of everyone he knocks out, then occasionally throws them at people as wriggling ammunition.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

Braithwhite
Braithwhite's picture
AdminPlaytester

My group always called it "putting it in the hippo" since the 1st edition card was a knocked out Hippo. We just thought of it as Haka stuffing things in the hippo's costume and hauling him around by the leg until he needed to throw the garbage-stuffed villain at something. 

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

This might be my favorite explanation. XD