The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

GTG Project Status Update - September 2015

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
Paul
Paul's picture
Admin
GTG Project Status Update - September 2015

Here is a quick update on all of the publicly-known projects we are juggling! There have been a few changes from the last update as some projects have been shifted around.

Remember, once something is sent to the printer, there is a 3-4 month turn-around time before we start shipping stuff to Kickstarter/preorder backers.

Finished by Printer; In GTG Warehouse

1) Sentinel Tactics Minions miniatures & Interior Location Maps. (These are shipping next week to backers!)

At the Printer; About to be Loaded

1) Bottom of the Ninth (The printer tells us that these will depart China on the 15th)

Completed by GTG; At the Printer

1) Villains of the Multiverse and associated mini-expansions

2) New set of Oversized Villain Cards

3) Isle of Trains, Diner, and Brew Crafters: The Travel Card Game reprints

4) Wager Master reprint

5) Compounded reprint

In the Final Graphic Design stage at GTG; to Printer in ~30 Days

1) New Bedford

Current Game Developtment Focus by GTG

1) Spirit Island

2) Sentinel Tactics: Battle for Broken City and For Profit

For Focus Winter 2015-2016

1) SotM Role Playing Game

2) Monster Truck Mayhem reboot

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Does the order you list for things sent to the printer give an indication on how close they are to being sent to GtG?

edit: Also, thanks for the update Paul.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@Powerhound

Bottom of the Ninth is scheduled to ship on the 15th of this month, but everything else will ship at the same time in the same container regardless of which particular items are done first.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

morph147

Thanks for the update Paul. lots to look forward to. question then. based off your above statement the Compounded Reprint will be shipped in the same container as the Villians of the multiverse, which means these should be able to be shipped at the same time. If I am able to is there a way to add this to that particular order to save on shipping?

p.s. looking forward to playing the maps and everything else. Also looking forward to the next Greater than Games game day you guys may have at HQ or the surrounding St. Louis area. *hint hint* Hopefully its a day that I can make it.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@morph147

Compounded is actually printed at a completely different factory from SotM stuff. SotM stuff comes out of Shanghai, whereas Compounded (and a few other things, like Bottom of the Ninth) come out of Shenzen.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

So. Much. Stuff.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Belle Sorciere
Belle Sorciere's picture

Thank you for the update, Paul.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

I'll add my voice to the thanks - I feel like this level of detailed updates isn't something you have to do, Paul, and you're doing mostly because we asked. It's fascinating to get some more insight into the whole process!

Powerhound_2000

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

waedens
Playtester

Wait, the oversized villain cards confuse me. It says that there are 31. Don't we already have more than 31 villains? I thought that this would include all villains, even those yet to come. Does that mean this is the last expansion? Tell me it is not so!

Powerhound_2000

It doesn't include oversized villain cards for expansions that have them by default like Vengeance or VotM.  What comes after VotM is sprculated to be the final expansion.   

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

It doesn't include oversized villain cards for expansions that have them by default like Vengeance or VotM.  What comes after VotM is confirmed to be the final expansion.   

Fixed that for you, per stuff Christopher said in Gen Con-ish interviews.

Powerhound_2000

Oh I'm aware of that piece I just don't want to fully believe it.   

Rbf1138

Would love some news on when VivaJava the Dice Game will be reprinted and what changes will be made. I've been holding off on buying a copy of the first edition and not sure how much longer my willpower will hold out :)

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

We certainly plan to have it back in print some time the first half of next year, but I don't have much more info than that right now.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Paul -

I'm considering (very strongly) putting Villains & associated mini-expansions onto my wishlist for the BGG Secret Santa. As it's now been roughly a month since this update was posted, do you have enough sense of timing to be able to tell me if it's likely to make it to St. Louis in time for that to be a viable decision?

Edit: I missed the 3-4 month from printer note. Question withdrawn.

godzilla999666

Just saw the new tactic maps and minions figures at my flgs. I know he backed the kickstarter way back. So hopefully the preorders for th a t should be shipping soon.

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

godzilla999666 wrote:

Just saw the new tactic maps and minions figures at my flgs. I know he backed the kickstarter way back. So hopefully the preorders for th a t should be shipping soon. 

Indeed!

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Elcarp

Update?

Powerhound_2000

At best it will be mid week as Paul and other members of GtG will be coming back from PAX AUS that was this weekend.  

Elcarp

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

At best it will be mid week as Paul and other members of GtG will be coming back from PAX AUS that was this weekend.  

Good to know. Thanks!