The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

GSF GenCon Demo Video

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
GSF GenCon Demo Video

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Thanks, Pydro!

Also, super nice to meet you yesterday.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Very jelly

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

It was great to meet you and so many other people from the forum. Well worth the trip.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

That demo video is great.  It looks like there have been a couple of changes since the info they released with the Kickstarter:

1. Decks are played face-up (is this a new thing?  Can't remember)
  2. There's no discard pile.  Your cards go immediately to the bottom of your deck rather than into a discard pile.  That means no shuffling, I assume.
  3. They changed the Energy icon (a good move).  It's a green triangle now.
  4. In combat, multiple ships which engage an enemy designate one as the primary, with the others as secondaries which support the primary ship with bonuses or abilities.

It all looks very good to me, and I'm still super stoked about the game.  One thing that's clear from watching the demo however, is that table space is going to be at a premium with this game.  Lots of large elements with lots of cards surrounding them.  Could be rough for people playing on their kitchen nook table.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Things are really starting to come together with GSF. Looking very shiny!

They could have definitely picked a better backdrop, though... blush (That's me in my Ra costume in the background for the first half, running a demo. I had no idea they were filming back there!)

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

It's a tangent, but there are some cool things in the BACKGROUND of this video. Rabit's already mentioned he's in his Ra costume. Another half dozen or more people in SotM costumes can be seen, and the table on the other side of Christopher is the Sentinels:Tactics playtest table.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Spiff wrote:

Decks are played face-up (is this a new thing?  Can't remember)There's no discard pile.  Your cards go immediately to the bottom of your deck rather than into a discard pile.  That means no shuffling, I assume.They changed the Energy icon (a good move).  It's a green triangle now.In combat, multiple ships which engage an enemy designate one as the primary, with the others as secondaries which support the primary ship with bonuses or abilities.

Yes, that is relatively new, as is the no-discard-pile thing. It just came up in the most recent build, and it wasn't even officially part of it, but an afterthought that caught on. Also, the icon is green? Darn, I was expecting yellow-orange. Curse these black-and-white playtest files!

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Spiff wrote:

Decks are played face-up (is this a new thing?  Can't remember)There's no discard pile.  Your cards go immediately to the bottom of your deck rather than into a discard pile.  That means no shuffling, I assume.They changed the Energy icon (a good move).  It's a green triangle now.In combat, multiple ships which engage an enemy designate one as the primary, with the others as secondaries which support the primary ship with bonuses or abilities.

Yes, that is relatively new, as is the no-discard-pile thing. It just came up in the most recent build, and it wasn't even officially part of it, but an afterthought that caught on. Also, the icon is green? Darn, I was expecting yellow-orange. Curse these black-and-white playtest files!

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

i am the plague rat
i am the plague rat's picture

arenson9 wrote:

It's a tangent, but there are some cool things in the BACKGROUND of this video. Rabit's already mentioned he's in his Ra costume. Another half dozen or more people in SotM costumes can be seen, and the table on the other side of Christopher is the Sentinels:Tactics playtest table.

I should've paid closer attention and watched Chris discuss the game. I was the creepy guy in the mask in the background in the beginning of the video.

I love going to conventions. People think I'm another human in a costume.