The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Gen Con 2017

68 posts / 0 new
Last post
Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

It was! We'll post it on our YouTube channel once it is edited and ready to go!

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

nkwatts
nkwatts's picture

Does anyone know where the official pictures will be posted from the 2017 Greater Than Games costume contest? I didn't take many because of the professional photographer...

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

nkwatts wrote:

Does anyone know where the official pictures will be posted from the 2017 Greater Than Games costume contest? I didn't take many because of the professional photographer...

Same, here. 

Trevor (the photographer -- yes, that Trevor! wink) said he'd share them with Greater Than Games. Beyond that, he didn't know what they planned. 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

bolnerap wrote:

I would love to have pictures of her trip to the GTG dinner last night, so please send me a message or reply if you could send me a picture.  Thanks!

In case email notifications aren't working, I sent you a PM with a link. cool

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

bolnerap

Got it, thanks!

bolnerap

Handelabra posted some pictures on their Facebook page, including a group shot from the costume contest. There is an adorable young Tachyon in the group, as well as a Dr. Medico, a Green Grosser, and a Greazer. Definitely a wider variety of costumes this year.

Edit: And a Bloogo? That must have been interesting to move around in.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

*pops over to Facebook* That was an awesome album. So many Tachyons. Only four of the Prime Wardens, tho. And I'm guessing that's what ALD meant when he said he was working on a special Setback outfit? Sentinels of the Ninth!

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

LevelUpLeo
LevelUpLeo's picture

Hey guys! I just posted up my album of the Sentinels pictures I took! https://m.imgur.com/gallery/IJ3DS check it out!

edit: alternate link since people on Reddit said the other one wasn't working.  https://imgur.com/r/ImagesOfThe2010s/IJ3DS

liarliar
liarliar's picture

Those are some seriously impressive costumes!

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Thanks! Those are some great photos of great costumes

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Random thoughts:

Tiny Tachyon reminds me of back when there was a Kid Coulson that showed up in Marvel cosplay pics a lot. I love seeing kids cosplaying. :)

I still think ALD's Setback costume was boss, and find Luminary!Guise hilarious.

I'm still amused by the Citizen Dawn and Argent Adept couple carting around Tactics Damage tokens.

Prime Wardens Captain Cosmic's jacket looks just as badass in real life as it does on the cards.

I like how we ended up with a flock of Harpies.

I'm still a tiny bit concerned about the aftereffects of that voodoo pin, Leo, dude.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Thank you so much for posting these!

I got my times wrong and totally missed the costume contest, which I'd really been looking forward to! In fact, my wife is in the background of one of the pictures, expecting to find me there.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

My GenCon pictures start here and include some GTG-related shots.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

bolnerap

Thanks a lot for the pictures, Leo and Andy. I appreciate the costume pics especially since I missed out on it. Also, I am off in the corner of one of Andy's pics of the GTG booth, rocking the Bot9 hat and chatting up someone at the demo units.

LevelUpLeo
LevelUpLeo's picture

Jeysie wrote:

I'm still a tiny bit concerned about the aftereffects of that voodoo pin, Leo, dude.

oh don't worry about that. Hopefully in the Ambuscade episode, you'all hear how it's all taken care of and there's nothing to worry about.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

GtG has uploaded videos on YouTube from GenCon

https://www.youtube.com/user/GreaterThanGames

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Thanks, Powerhound 2000! 

Pages