The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Games for Good - A Fundraiser

1 post / 0 new
Reckless
Reckless's picture
PlaytesterInspiring Presence
Games for Good - A Fundraiser

For those of you who are familiar with the Extra Credits team on Penny Arcade, James is starting up a fundraiser to talk to the folks in Washington about the good that video games can do in the world.  As anyone who plays video games is aware, video games do not automatically transform you into a raving psychopath bent on murdering the whole world, and James wants to take a proactive approach rather than a reactive one whenever another horror story about someone who happened to play video games doing something horrible appears on the news.

This covers the good games can do for science, awareness of world events, language acquisition, connecting with others, etc.  He's not talking about Math Blaster or Number Muncher here.  The point is, he can explain it way better than I can here.  So, if you're so inclined, click the link and watch his pitch.  See if it's worth kicking in five or ten bucks.  I know it was worth it for me.

http://www.rockethub.com/projects/25243#description-tab

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.