The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Future Variant Unlocks

36 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jeysie
Jeysie's picture
Future Variant Unlocks

Maybe it'd be fun to keep the chit-chat going by speculating which "variant packs" we'll get next, which ones we're most looking forward to, what their unlock conditions might be like, etc. Here's what I think are the missing variants for the folks already in the game so far:

• Termi-Nation: AZ, Bunker, Unity
  • Freedom Five: AZ, Bunker, Legacy, Tachyon, Wraith
  • XTreme Prime Wardens: Argent, Cosmic, Fanatic, Haka, Tempest
  • Dark Conductor Argent Adept (another one I'm curious about the SFX for...)
  • Requital Captain Cosmic
  • Extremist Sky-Scraper
  • Best of Times Chrono-Ranger
  • Setting Sun Ra
  • Visionary Unleashed
  • Completionist Guise

I'm betting either Termi-Nation or Freedom Five next, with Termi-Nation being what I hope for (Unity!)

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

jorgenp

Also:

• Completionist Guise

(Edit: I see you added him in after all)

And we might as well include the variants of the heroes yet to come...

• Knyfe Rogue Agent
  • Desperate Prey The Naturalist
  • Parse Fugue State
  • Alternate Sentinels
  • Benchmark and Demand
  • Alternate Void Guard: Dr. Medico, Mainstay, Idealist, Writhe
  • Own Stunts Stuntman
  • Lifeline Blood Mage
  • Dark Watch The Harpy
  • Akash'thriya Spirit of the Void
  • La Comodora Curse of the Black Spot
  • Ms. Luminary
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Out of those I would suspect Termi-nation variants would be next because their story is tied to Chokepoint whereas a majority of the rest are tied more to OblivAeon.   Best of Time Chrono Ranger is tied to the VotM La Capitan deck.   Dark Conductor Argent Adept is the only one I'm not sure at all where they would appear.  The rest could appear before OblivAeon is released but artwork and ARG information seems to tie them more with his or close to his appearance.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

jorgenp

I suppose the alternate Kismet also should be in the list.  She seems to be the only current variant Villain from the game we're missing.

Powerhound_2000

That variant seems tied to Madame Mittermeier's Fantastical Festival of Conundrums and Curiosities based on the artwork in the background  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

@Powerhound: IIRC it was said the upcoming variant packs were intended as ways to keep people occupied until OblivAeon gets released, so waiting until OblivAeon is released to put variants out would... defeat the point a smidgen.

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Powerhound_2000

I didn't say for a fact they would be but a majority of them are tied more to the OblivAeon events.   However, we did get Omnitron-U already whose storyline is tied toward the build up to OblivAeon and based on him I'd say it's not impossible to see others before OblivAeon just moreso they'll be later on.   I still feel out of those you listed that Termi-Nation, Best of Times Chrono Ranger, Dark Conductor Argent Adept, and variant Kismet seem the most likely to appear before others.  

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I'm hoping we get Best of Times and Extremist Sky-Scraper sooner. That way, every hero will have a variant! (Until Vengeance...)

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Fair enough; I didn't mean to seem hostile. ^^;

I too think (or at least hope) we might get Termi-Nation next, and I wouldn't say no to variant Kismet or Dark Conductor Argent Adept either.

Powerhound_2000

I didn't take it as hostile and I would hope my response wasn't taken as hostile either. 

Rh4psody

I'll jump on the bandwagon and say that my money is on Termi-Nation. Just makes sense to me.

WarrenAC

Sky-scraper and Chrono Ranger don't currently have variants,  so I'd vote for their variants,  although I don't know if they're particularly interesting...  Are there variants that really change up how the hero plays?

--Warren

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I've made an effort to try both, albeit only once. I couldn't get into a situation where BoT's base power was worth using, and SS Extremist... I'm not sure I like her more than the base. She absolutely does change up how Sky-Scraper plays, though (you want to be very careful about when you go huge!)

Powerhound_2000

A fight against the Ennead seems like one of the best situations for Best of Times Chrono Ranger.   There is also a lot of oddities that can occur because you can apply bounty affects to targets which normally aren't valid.  

ogseamus
ogseamus's picture
Playtester

I think Rogue Agent really changes KNYFE. You go from straight damage dealing to a choice. Either deal damage or help a hero get set up (mostly).

As for all heroes and variants, I am most excited for The Naturalist, Adament Sentinels (I wonder if we will be able to mix with original) and Requital Capt Cosmic. All of them are interesting and fun to play.

Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

For the record, I LOVE Extremist Sky-Scraper.

Other variants that drastically change how their heroes are played include FV Tachyon, X-Treme Fanatic, and Unleashed Visionary.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Visionary Unleashed is phenomenal.

I've always counted Vis in the bottom of my favorite heroes list. She's super-useful to have around, I just don't want to be the one stuck playing her, that kind of thing. But with Unleashed, she suddenly becomes this awesome powerhouse who still has a ton of useful support. And Twist the Ether goes from helpful defensive play to massive +2 damage bonus, and that's per card! :D I love her.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Or, helpful defensive play, AND STILL +1 damage!

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

-- Trajector

Nepycros

I'm 90% sure that Completionist Guise involves unlocking every other Variant.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

I have a feeling that one way or another Completionist Guise is going to be the very last variant put in the game. He'll be like the big huge "OK everything Sentinels card game ever is finally in the digital game it's been a good ride" bit of content.

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

There is one other variant no one has mentioned yet: Kismet. I'm hoping we get her relatively soon.

Powerhound_2000

Kismet has been mentioned a few times.   Though as I said before I feel she is tied to Madame Mittermeier's Fantastical Festival of Conundrums and Curiosities

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Oh hey you're right... I didn't recall anyone bringing her up. That's a good point about MMFFCC, I could see her being released around Villains.

WarrenAC

ogseamus wrote:

I think Rogue Agent really changes KNYFE. You go from straight damage dealing to a choice. Either deal damage or help a hero get set up (mostly).As for all heroes and variants, I am most excited for The Naturalist, Adament Sentinels (I wonder if we will be able to mix with original) and Requital Capt Cosmic. All of them are interesting and fun to play.

On reddit GTGChristopher said:

You can totally mix and match.

I mean, in my opinion. shrug

https://www.reddit.com/r/sentinelsmultiverse/comments/5472c3/the_sentinels_variants_question/

--Warren

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

You will be able to mix and match the Sentinels.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

jorgenp

I hope that doesn't mean we have to unlock them separately...

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Oh dear God I hope not

-- Trajector

Powerhound_2000

Mwhahahahahahahaha..ha.....ha?!?

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Why not? Could be unlock them IN A specific order!!!! LETS DO IT

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

emcg575797
emcg575797's picture

Nepycros wrote:

I'm 90% sure that Completionist Guise involves unlocking every other Variant.

I'm 90% certain that Completionist Guise involves having a copy of all of the weekly one-shots.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I am 90% certai that Completionist Guise has a copy of all of us.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

UXM266
UXM266's picture

I'm 90% Sure that this number wa snot chosen at random, but is a continuation of the ARG

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

I am 100% sure that if we took 10% of each post mentioning 90% we would eventually find an unlock condition for a variant in somegame somewhere.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

I'm 93.74% sure that 86.02% of all statistics are arbitrarily made up on the spot.

-- Trajector

UXM266
UXM266's picture

I'm 3.14% sure that everyone likes pie 

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

UXM266 wrote:

I'm 3.14% sure that everyone likes pie 

That is very irrational.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"