The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Funny wording

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
Funny wording

Hey, folks.

A friend brought this up last night during a game. Was wondering if anyone else had found similar humor in wording that was not intended to be humorous. (There's lots of humorous wording - the flavor text is just generally awesome!  :D)

Tachyon's Supersonic Response says "If that target dealt tachyon damage since your last turn..."

His question: "What character deals tachyon (type of) damage?"

Maybe you had to be there.

8)

Rabit

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Twist of Ether?

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

Veet

No I already asked if you could use Twist of Ether to inflict fluffy bunny damage, but apparently you have to do one of the types stated in the book.

My 8 year old son and I both agree that we like Chuck E Cheese better than Plague Rat. He is much easier to beat up.

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Here's a secret:

Before the rulebook was put together, when we were helping playtest and were largely unaware of the specific damage times, we frequently changed things to "bubbly" damage.

See the way my body's glowing? Yeah, a lot of people can't do that.

Adam
Adam's picture
Admin

Fish damage was also commonly used before we had that locked down.

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Yeah, I know about the rulebook defining the, uhm.. I think seven damage types, but I heard Chris talking about changing the damage type to "cheese damage" last weekend.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!