The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Fun Vengeance game

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
Fun Vengeance game

Sky-Scraper, Termination Unity, and Ra vs. Bugbear, Biomancer, and Hammer & Anvil in Freedom Tower.

"We'll take Freedom Tower. It's a relatively easy environment."  Then we watched the Training Simulator put a villain target from the trash into play every turn for four rounds.

With all of Bugbear's healing and Biomancer's DR and healing, we decided to focus on Hammer & Anvil first. Something like five or six rounds later we finally took down Anvil, and then took, I think, two more rounds to take down Hammer. Bugbear and Biomancer were at full and Biomancer had a bunch of targets in play. We were all in single digits, and then Ra got taken out.

BUT, we had managed to get some bots in play and even more in hand, and Sky-Scraper had a bunch of cards in hand. Champion bot and Stealth bot started tanking and Sky-Scraper was able to wipe the environment, prevent some big damage from Bugbear, and play a bunch of Compulsion Canisters. Sky-Scraper had a big turn, using two Colossal Left Hooks followed by a Linking Incursion, which combined with her Tiny power to put four links in play, including two Compulsion Canisters, one of which immediately got returned to hand. Unity had a series of turns with multiple plays and multiple bot attacks. Champion bot even got to make an attack at one point.

Final result: Heroes win! Sky-Scraper with 2 HP, Unity with 3 HP.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Very nice.   Biomancer and Bugbear are hard to take down with their constant healing.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Pic of final game state attached. It was a heck of a game!

Attachment(s): 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)