The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Freedom Five Wraith Unlock Discussion

169 posts / 0 new
Last post
rjc917
rjc917's picture
Playtester

NinjaMonkey wrote:

I am never fighting Progeny again. Lost track of how many times I lost or had to reset after not getting the cards I needed but I think I got the condition.

1. Do the Pre-reqs
2. Defeat Progeny in Megalopolis with the Vanilla Freedom Five.
3. The Wraith must play 3 Trust Funds
4. The Wraith must play Smoke Bomb
5. The Wraith must draw at least 20 cards.
Unlock

And seriously?

Awesome, so we now know 20 is our card draw requirement.  You did the same thing with 15 earlier and it didn't work, right?  Did you play Infrared Eyepiece or Impromptu Invention at all?  I'm assuming not.

I think this is probably it, but if not, we might need to reexamine the 3 Trust Fund assumption like people have suggested.

jorgenp

So perhaps I will test by just drawing 20 cards and playing only Smoke Bombs and Infrared Eyepiece (not needed, but it makes Progeny so much easier).  If that fails, I'll try including Trust Funds one at a time.

Escher

jorgenp wrote:

So perhaps I will test by just drawing 20 cards and playing only Smoke Bombs and Infrared Eyepiece (not needed, but it makes Progeny so much easier).  If that fails, I'll try including Trust Funds one at a time.

Sounds like a plan.
MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

The community has discovered the official unlock condition for Freedom Five Wraith!

First, play the Prerequisite Games. Then, the Freedom Five (non-variant team members) must defeat Progeny in Megalopolis. During that game, Trust Fund must be played at least 3 times. The Wraith must draw at least 20 cards and play Smoke Bombs at least once.

The Prerequisite Games are: First, the Prime Wardens (all variant members) must be defeated by Progeny anywhere other than Rook City or Megalopolis. Then, Dark Watch (all variant members) must by defeated by Progeny in Rook City. Then, the Freedom Five (non-variant members) must be defeated by Progeny in Rook City.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Yay, we got it. :D Now we can dedicate our efforts on AZ this week!

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Much like Extremist Sky-Scraper, I think I know what to do for Absolute Zero.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Happy day! :D

NinjaMonkey

Phantom5613 wrote:

Yay, we got it. :D Now we can dedicate our efforts on AZ this week!

Given the previous unlocks involving things people would never (rarely) do with these characters I'm going to guess AZ's unlock involves playing all of his Sub-Zero Atmospheres and every copy of Glacial Structure and never playing his modules. And things you would normally do, deal himself a ton of fire and cold damage which seems to be the condition for all of his unlocks so far.

I think with Legacy getting his Danger Sense out would be a no brainer since it involves the environment like his new power. And the thing that is rarely played by him? Surge of Strength maybe or Superhuman Durability (I rarely play that one).

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Absolute Zero must deal absolutely zero damage!

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

If Subzero Atmosphere is involved in the unlock, I may flip a table.

Guess it's better than flipping Progeny. :\

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

bobbertoriley wrote:

If Subzero Atmosphere is involved in the unlock, I may flip a table.Guess it's better than flipping Progeny. :\

What's wrong with Subzero Atmosphere? It was quite usefull with Progeny, until he hit me at the start, then destroyed my ongoing and hit me again......

But I like the card!

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

Or he hits Zero during start, incaps him, and double-dips.

(Subzero Atmosphere is a cool card).

But yeah, hoping that his requirement isn't too setup heavy. Otherwise, it's gonna be a pain.

Blackfang108
Playtester

bobbertoriley wrote:

Or he hits Zero during start, incaps him, and double-dips.(Subzero Atmosphere is a cool card).But yeah, hoping that his requirement isn't too setup heavy. Otherwise, it's gonna be a pain.

I remeber playing SZA when Progeny has Scion of Storms out and his next card was Time of Tribulations.  Ducked the +2 damage on all of his hits AND got rid of Scion of Storm.

QuirkyDM
QuirkyDM's picture

Blackfang108 wrote:

bobbertoriley wrote:
Or he hits Zero during start, incaps him, and double-dips.(Subzero Atmosphere is a cool card).But yeah, hoping that his requirement isn't too setup heavy. Otherwise, it's gonna be a pain.

I remeber playing SZA when Progeny has Scion of Storms out and his next card was Time of Tribulations.  Ducked the +2 damage on all of his hits AND got rid of Scion of Storm.

Yeah, Subzero Atmosphere is good for avoiding Progeny's damage dealing cards.

As for Legacy, I often play Superhuman Durability. With Lead from the Front, Legacy ends up tanking a lot. If you can do anything to reduce little bits of damage, (Energy Bracers, Smoke Bombs) you can reduce damage by a ridiculous amount with Superhuman Durability. Surge of Strength is hit or miss. It's often last on my list of add ons, but usually because all his other cards are so much better.

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Can someone help me see where I went wrong? If I did?

I am rather certain I got the Preeqs in. You only have to do them once right? I did them all in an afternoon a few weeks ago.

I was going for Legacy, but noticed I was at a stable portion for a moment so I went for Wraith as well. Danger Sense and Next Evolution (Radiant) + Lead from the Front for Flip side of Progeny and many many Eyepiece draws (Plus 4 trust funds) - I never increased damage with Legacy even once, just to make sure.

https://pastebin.com/XFM8trgG

Does Danger Sense not count? I could see that being the case, or does both Danger sense/Next Evolution not work, and you need Fortitude to prevent the damage?

But wraith too?

I am guessing I don't have the preeqs, but I am -certain- I did them. I guess I'll go into them later again. Again, you only have to do them once right?

Lynkfox.
http://sentinelswiki.com/ The Sentinels of the Multiverse Wiki

http://mindwanderer.net/sotm/ - SoTM Statistics! Updated DAILY!

PM me if you're interested in playing with the Statistics Data!

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

You have to do them once each, all three games in order, on the device you're doing the unlocks on.  Since you got neither unlock, I'm also confident you don't have the unlocks triggered (correctly or not).

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I wonder if I did them in the wrong order... Ah well. Back to the drawing board. At least you can reach a point with the F5 that puts the game into sort of a holding pattern while you finish the unlocks.

Lynkfox.

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

figured it out - I did f5 losing to Progeny in megalopolis, not rook city. After doing them all again, just to be safe, I got everyone unlocked in one game other then Zero.

Lynkfox.

Pages