The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Freedom Five Variant Prerequisite bugged?

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lysana
Freedom Five Variant Prerequisite bugged?

I have been trying to unlock the any of the F5 variants for a week by now.

Since so far it was a complete fail with any of the F5 heroes it looks like the prerequisite is not met. 

Either I am doing something wrong after all, some condition is not in the description or it is a bug....

" First, the Prime Wardens (all variant members) must be defeated by Progeny anywhere other than Rook City or Megalopolis. Then, Dark Watch (all variant members) must by defeated by Progeny in Rook City. Then, the Freedom Five (non-variant members) must be defeated by Progeny in Rook City."

What does the "(all variant members)" mean? Any one variant member or do I have to cycle with all variant memebers of the heroes? So far I did it with the normal heroes, accelerating my defeat by skiping play and power phase.

Thank you

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

"Variant members" refers to the playing as the Prime Wardens team (Argent Adept, Captain Cosmic, Fanatic, Haka and Tempest) using their Prime Wardens' Character Cards (the ones with these powers respectively; Conduct, Absorption, Resolute, Guardian and Arc of Power).

EDIT: Also, welcome to the forum!

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Welcome!

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Lysana

Thank you!

That explains it. So it needs to be the the Prime Wardens in their Prime Warden variant version and the Dark Watch in their Dark Watch variant version.

I thought "all variant members" referred to "all variant versions possible". But that explains it perfectly.

Since haven't done Prime Wardens or Dark Watch, is still have some way to go. ;)

While we are at it, what is the best way to get to know the history behind Sentinels?
I do know that some kind of comic exists, but it is all a little bit hazy....

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

There isn’t a collection of comics just a couple.  One is avaiable online at https://sentinelsofthemultiverse.com/comic .  Then there is the Arg which you can see collected here https://sentinelswiki.com/index.php?title=ARG_Event .   The last piece is one that comes with the OblivAeon expansion.  The main source of lore is this podcast http://theletterspage.libsyn.com/

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Bigbywolfe

The main way to get to know the lore is via the Letters Page podcast. Short of that, just straight up reading the wiki will get you a ton of info.

FearLord

Yep - the letters page pod cast is the best way to get the back ground for the game - there’s a lot there, but it made the game a lot more interesting for me!

Lysana

Thank you, guys.

I have started to listen to the podcasts, so getting more of the lore.

Trying to get the Dark Watch team is a challenge though...

To be honest, I see no way on how to achieve the Dark Watch Setback Variant, the whole team gets killed off quite fast.

The whole Dark Watch team (perhaps with the exception for Nightmist) is weaker than the normal form. Only very limited AoE, limited damage reduction, limited buffing, constantly cards get destroyed (either by Mr Fixer or by the thief).

So, no silver lining I can see (pun intended).

The steam forum says to get friendly fire going (Setback) and crossbars for Fixer, so to get the Operative down in the first round...but I don‘t see how, since friendly fire only gets lots of unlucky points and damage to Setback, but no damage to the Operative. And Crowbars....from my perspective this doesn‘t add more than 1 point of damage to the operative either.

Usually I try to avoid using Dark watches Fixers Power at all since it destroys one of my cards each time. That seems too counter productive, but than he doesnhardly any damage, only when I play bloody knuckles (that I can kill of after) do I use his power.

Any ideas?

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

If you haven't tried the Friendly Fire/Crowbars combo, give it a shot, you might be surprised.

Dark Watch Setback is widely considered the hardest variant to unlock, so don't feel bad if you're struggling. It pretty much comes down to restarting the game until you have a good card draw and/or the starting Underbosses you want.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Crowbars+Friendly Fire explanation.

1. Mr Fixer hits The Operative with his power.
  2. Because has dealt damage to a non-hero target, Friendly Fire triggers and asks if Mr Fixer wants to deal damage to Setback.
  3. Mr Fixer deals damage to Setback.
  4. Mr Fixer has dealt damage, Dual Crowbars triggers and Mr Fixer hits The Operative with this "Dual" hit.
  5. Go to 2.

So everytime you deal Setback 3 damage, you can deal The Operative 5 damage!

Setback gets absolutely wrecked but gains a ton of tokens and The Operative is probably dead.

Huzzahs!

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Taking down the Operative doesn't ensure victory, but it goes a long way towards it.

Just pray you don't get an early Prision Break.

Powerhound_2000

I’d honestly hope for early Prison Breaks as you’ll have have less underbosses in the trash.    A first turn Prison Break is the best.    

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

This is why making sure you get the Broker turn one is good, because the Informants will play through the deck quicker.

Lysana

Juhuu!

I made it on the third try with Dual Crowbars and Friendly Fire!

Would not have made it without your help.

Thank you!!!

Powerhound_2000

Congrats!

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

WooHoo!

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Good job! :D

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

And thus, another has learned the power of cheesing the system.