The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Freedom Five Legacy Unlock Discussion

91 posts / 0 new
Last post
McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester
Freedom Five Legacy Unlock Discussion

I know I'm a day early for this, but I figured I might as well make the topic for this now, and we can start discussing and hypothesizing.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Well it it's a bit early, like you said, but I'd guess that we have to look to the ARG page again to get our hints.

scifantasy
scifantasy's picture

Or FV Legacy's innate power...which has two things that Legacy doesn't otherwise do: manipulate the Environment deck, or allow players to play cards.

So that's probably not helpful.

Three things spring to mind, looking at the Harbinger (https://greaterthangames.com/harbinger): one, Legacy gets his superpowered butt handed to him (but is not actually incapacitated); two, "Legacy's leadership" is what he contributes; three, he's clearly taking damage for the team.

My starting guesses involve Inspiring Presence, Lead from the Front, and having Legacy at 1HP.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

I was also thinking playing multiple Heroic Interceptions as a possibility.  It's another way of demonstrating "taking one for the team" and can be tricky to pull off.  Redirecting lots of damage from Lead from the Front also sounds good.  His other "leadership" abilities are Motivational Charge and Bolster Allies, but I'm not confident those will be required.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Watch they’ll release the Ra variant tomorrow laugh

Good luck hunting once this is available. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

carnilius
Playtester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

Watch they’ll release the Ra variant tomorrow laughGood luck hunting once this is available. 

I'm hoping for Cleverest Legacy instead :-D

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Well, we DO have an extra week this year without a variant to unlock, so...

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

-- Trajector

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I want to mention I've been holding off unlocking F5AZ to test and see if you need all four F5's unlocked to get Legacy.

NinjaMonkey

scifantasy wrote:

Or FV Legacy's innate power...which has two things that Legacy doesn't otherwise do: manipulate the Environment deck, or allow players to play cards.So that's probably not helpful.Three things spring to mind, looking at the Harbinger (https://greaterthangames.com/harbinger): one, Legacy gets his superpowered butt handed to him (but is not actually incapacitated); two, "Legacy's leadership" is what he contributes; three, he's clearly taking damage for the team.My starting guesses involve Inspiring Presence, Lead from the Front, and having Legacy at 1HP.

Legacy does have 1 card in his deck which deals directly with the environment. I'm thinking Danger Sense will be involved and going with the ARG, I'd agree that its probably going to have something to do with Legacy getting beat down but not dropping, so a lot of damage reduction and redirects to him.
bolnerap

Got him, screen on Twitter. More details in a bit, dealing with cranky kiddo.

bolnerap

OK team, as always, I am on iOS, so I have no log. However, here are things I did:

- blocked Plummeting Monorail four times with Danger Sense

- blocked a crapload of damage from Progeny by spying the deck with Wraith and using Lead From the Front / Legacy Ring and 2x Next Evolution (when I finally got my second Next Evo, at any rate...). By the time I got set up, Wraith had dropped below 10, so I could easily block 4 damage per round from Progeny's flip form, and it got better as I was able to spy Scions and/or The Inevitable.

- you can see from my Twitter post that I had 2x Next Evolution, Lead from the Front, Fortitude, Danger Sense, Superhuman Durability, Surge of Strength, Inspiring Presence, and Motivational Charge in play. However, the effects of Superhuman Durability and Motivational Charge were never activated (I was too busy being immune to damage and not dealing any damage).

- Played exactly one damage one-shot, Back-Fist Strike, to end the match when I couldn't reliably block damage anymore because Wraith went down.

- AZ, Wraith, and Bunker were all incapacitated

- Legacy and Tachyon were both at 3 HP

Lord Flash Fire
Lord Flash Fire's picture

Is anyone else surprised this week's One-Shot isn't FV v Progeny in Megalopolis? Am I just making assumptions, or will something in the One-Shot help us achieve FV Legs?

" Ever had those days where you have amazing luck,
everything goes right, and you feel like the king of the world...
....And then you wake up?"
-Someone special, 2012

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

I'm not really; the point of the one-shots was to help with the pre-requisite games.

-- Trajector

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

So, soak a bunch of damage, don't get incapacitated. Sounds like a good start.

-- Trajector

jsalomon617
Playtester

Failed unlock: https://pastebin.com/qGjhEzZe

I went all-in on Legacy ongoings, and did some moderately small amount of damage redirection-into-immunity (and similarly did some but not much environment blocking), but his health ended up in the 20's (as did everyone else's).

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

I got it, too, first try. Played all the things, finished with Legacy at 8 HP and everyone else in the 20's. I'll post logs after I clean them up tomorrow.

Submit your games here!

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Unlocked. I can confirm play all the ongoings, and have Legacy tank all the damage he can. Leacy never dipped below about 12 HP. Still, everyone else was higher than him.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Got it. The conditions themselves don't seem too rough, but it can be a pain getting Progeny and Megalopolis to cooperate.

I used Double Next Evolution, Danger Sense, and Lead From the Front a lot. Also used Interception and Take Down once.

I think you have to prevent a certain amount of damage that would be dealt to Legacy, both from the environment and from Progeny. I soaked 14 environment damage, and a LOT of villain damage.

I also had an unsuccessful game with similar strategies, but didn't get to actually PREVENT much damage, thanks to double Hour of Reckonings ruining my setup.

-- Trajector

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Also mine ended up with Legacy and Tachyon at 8, Bunker at 13, Wraith at 9, and AZ at like 20.

-- Trajector

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

I'm certain Environment damage has nothing to do with it. I got a few Hostages and the police, but once Rooftop came around I had the environment on lock.

In case it's important, this was my line-up at the end of the fight: Bunker-28, AZ-29, Wraith-26, Tachyon17, and Legacy-12

I finished him off with a 33-card charged Omni-Cannon.

Here's my screenshot. Doesn't give much since it's not on Legacy, but I guess it proves he doesn't need the finishing blow AND he doesn't need to be in the first position.

Chasejyd

Got it.

Almost everyone finished at max. hp other than Tachyon, who was incapped.

At one point, Legacy was at 7, Bunker was at 5, Wraith was at 9 -- but no one else other than Tachyon dropped below that.

Legacy took the train hit (ignored via Danger Sense) 3 times and discarded once for Impending Casualty, otherwise he didn't deal with the environment a lot.

Legacy did a lot of damage via power, almost none via one-shots. Lots of use of Take Down thanks to incapped Tachyon, lots of absorbing/ignoring damage off of other heroes. No idea how much. The game was initially close, but once I got it locked down, I just made sure that total was /lots/.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Environment damage definitely has nothing to do with it. In my game, I spent most of Bunker's turns Foaming it. Only two points of environment damage were triggered, both by cops shooting Progeny, and since he had Scion of Blight out both times, they were instantly destroyed.

Submit your games here!

jsalomon617
Playtester

Success, with lots of redirects and energy prevention (and a smattering of other damage types as well): https://pastebin.com/8uGyEdhb

EDIT: Also Legacy ended as lowest HP, which I feel could be a relevant condition (though who knows)

Studoku

https://pastebin.com/8six5g4m

No unlock.

Mostly this was me trying to get all of them at once but Absolute Zero's never drew Glacial Structure and Hostage Situation stopped Tachyon playing 10 cards.

Legacy used Motivational Charge a lot and discarded to all the impending casualties.

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Unlocked.

Legacy used Lead from the front and Next Evolution to prevent all the damage. I mostly got rid of radiant damage. He was at low life. No one uncapped. Environment barely did any damage. Did not play ALL my ongoing. 

On ios so no log

EDIT: I wrote unlock instead of log.

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

rjc917
rjc917's picture
Playtester

I haven't tried for Legacy yet, but it sounds like his condition is along the lines of "do what you've already been doing with Legacy in all the other fights you've had against Progeny."

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Failed log: https://pastebin.com/Jr3F1sBD

Just tried to play lots of Ongoings, though it took me quite a while to get Lead from the Front, so most of his redirection was thanks to Smoke Bombs, and most of his damage prevention was thanks to Fortitude. Ate a few train hits, at least. Worth noting, I have not unlocked F5 Absolute Zero yet, so if unlocking all four of those before him is a factor, well, it could be a factor.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

rjc917 wrote:

I haven't tried for Legacy yet, but it sounds like his condition is along the lines of "do what you've already been doing with Legacy in all the other fights you've had against Progeny."

By this point, I think we've all got fighting Progeny down to a science. With the Freedom Five, at least.

payprplayn

rjc917 wrote:

Depends what you've been doing.  I mostly use legacy for buffs (galvanize/inspiring presence).  If I get legacy ring out, I usually use motivational charge.  I hardly ever use next evolution and use lead from the front mostly as a way to more consistently proc smoke bombs.  most of my tanking is through damage prevention (throat jab/ hypersonic asssault) and damage reduction (plating/recharge/fortitude/bombs/bolt) rather than immunity.  Probably my two lowest priority plays are danger sense and next evolution.  Heroic interception isn't that far behind, even though I know it's good, because I hate to cripple AZ like that.  My highest priorities are (in roughly this order, though it can change depending on the situation)  Inspiring Presence, Fortitude, Take Down, Bolster Allies, Legacy Ring, Motivational Charge, Lead From the Front, Surge of Strength, Thokk, Back Fist...

UXM266
UXM266's picture

payprplayn wrote:

rjc917 wrote:

Depends what you've been doing.  I mostly use legacy for buffs (galvanize/inspiring presence).  If I get legacy ring out, I usually use motivational charge.  I hardly ever use next evolution and use lead from the front mostly as a way to more consistently proc smoke bombs.  most of my tanking is through damage prevention (throat jab/ hypersonic asssault) and damage reduction (plating/recharge/fortitude/bombs/bolt) rather than immunity.  Probably my two lowest priority plays are danger sense and next evolution.  Heroic interception isn't that far behind, even though I know it's good, because I hate to cripple AZ like that.  My highest priorities are (in roughly this order, though it can change depending on the situation)  Inspiring Presence, Fortitude, Take Down, Bolster Allies, Legacy Ring, Motivational Charge, Lead From the Front, Surge of Strength, Thokk, Back Fist...

I used "Next Evolution" and "Danger Sense" as fodder for Ongoing destruction sicne I needed to keep AZ stuff around. But I now think those two are required for his unlock. WIll try tonight on Steam, and get logs.

rjc917
rjc917's picture
Playtester

payprplayn wrote:

rjc917 wrote:

Honestly, that's normally how my priorities with Legacy go too, but with Progeny I've been using him more as a tank than I normally do.  Really, he tends to just do whatever he gets first, since he's pretty slow to set up.

payprplayn

UMX266 wrote:

I used "Next Evolution" and "Danger Sense" as fodder for Ongoing destruction sicne I needed to keep AZ stuff around. But I now think those two are required for his unlock. WIll try tonight on Steam, and get logs.

I agree that the unlock seems to be at least partly based on legacy being immune to a lot of damage (or possibly just getting hit so many times that he'd be long dead if he weren't immune to most of it).  I wasn't giving a description of how I play in my unlock attempts, but rather how I typically play Legacy when I'm not going for the unlock, which, contrary to the post I quoted, is very different from what the unlock seems to require.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

For those of you that got unlocks, did you play Take Down and/or Heroic Interception? I snuck them in during the last two turns of my unlocking game just to be on the safe side, but I have no idea if they're required...

payprplayn

rjc917 wrote:

Honestly, that's normally how my priorities with Legacy go too, but with Progeny I've been using him more as a tank than I normally do.  Really, he tends to just do whatever he gets first, since he's pretty slow to set up.

Makes sense, though I find it hard to think of him as taking a long time to set up when his innate power is so good.  I usually prefer Galvanize to either of his other powers, and only use them when I also have legacy ring (except in particular situations).  I feel like a game where he only plays one-shots and galvanizes every turn is a pretty decent game (sub-par for legacy, but pretty close to average for a typical hero).

payprplayn

Phantom5613 wrote:

For those of you that got unlocks, did you play Take Down and/or Heroic Interception? I snuck them in during the last two turns of my unlocking game just to be on the safe side, but I have no idea if they're required...

One of the unlocks didn't play heroic interception according to the log.

UXM266
UXM266's picture

payprplayn wrote:

Phantom5613 wrote:

I never got Take Down. I also didn't play heroic interception. 

rjc917
rjc917's picture
Playtester

payprplayn wrote:

rjc917 wrote:

Makes sense, though I find it hard to think of him as taking a long time to set up when his innate power is so good.  I usually prefer Galvanize to either of his other powers, and only use them when I also have legacy ring (except in particular situations).  I feel like a game where he only plays one-shots and galvanizes every turn is a pretty decent game (sub-par for legacy, but pretty close to average for a typical hero).

You're right, by slow to set up I don't mean he's useless until then-just that he can take a while to reach full potential, since most of his good combos require at least 2 cards and he can only play one card a turn.  I'm probably just impatient, because I like to play heroes who can chain lots of plays together.

I also realized I've been playing Legacy as a tank more in these Progeny fights and undervaluing damage, because I'm usually making them go really long, whether that's to make sure Tachyon goes through her deck or Bunker or Absolute Zero get the modes and ongoings they need.  So a lot of times my problem has been making sure I don't kill Progeny too soon.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

UXM266 wrote:

payprplayn wrote:
 Phantom5613 wrote:

Okay, so we can take those two off the table as 'required plays'.

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Phantom5613 wrote:

UXM266 wrote:
 payprplayn wrote:
 Phantom5613 wrote:

Okay, so we can take those two off the table as 'required plays'.

I don't think they are required, but it doesn't they shouldn't be played. 

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

I know, just saying part of the unlock isn't going to be 'Take Down and Heroic Interception must enter play at some point during the game'

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Phantom5613 wrote:

I know, just saying part of the unlock isn't going to be 'Take Down and Heroic Interception must enter play at some point during the game'

Just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the clarification! 

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

UXM266 wrote:

Phantom5613 wrote:

No prob, Bob.

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Phantom5613 wrote:

UXM266 wrote:
 Phantom5613 wrote:

No prob, Bob.

When I get home today, I'll get the unlock with my Steam account and put up a log. 

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Unlocked:

Attachment(s): 
carnilius
Playtester

Any word from the unlocks so far of whether the rest of the Freedom Five team have to be unlocked first?

payprplayn

Unlocked. Pretty much same as everyone else, except less redirecting, more just being targeted (I redirected a lot of damage the first turn, causing progeny to flip, then just became immune to radiant each turn).  Spent several turns padding legacy's immunity numbers long after I could have ended it.  Based on this and some failed attemts I had, I suspect that it's based on the ammount of damage prevented through immunity, rather than the number of attacks negated. I had several attempts where progeny never flipped, so Legacy was (redirecting and) negating several more attacks per turn.  More damage per turn too, I suppose, though that difference is less stark and was apparently cancelled out by padding with more turns.  Alternatively, it could have something to do with simply negating large attacks.  Something like "Legacy must take no damage from an attack that has base damage (or base damage + bonuses) greater than X".

Attachment(s): 
UXM266
UXM266's picture

Two logs have the following

Next Evolution in play. One game used it 10 times another used it 15

Both Had Danger sense

Take Down was played in one game

Heroic Interception was played in one game (not same agme as Take Down)

One game had him at 9 HP another had him at 25

One game used Lead from the front 22 times, another used it 8 times

One Game had him deal Progeny 3 damage

One game had him deal a lot more (22 instances of damage to Environment and Progeny)

Seems that the BIGGEST common factor is Next Evolution and Danger Sense

scifantasy
scifantasy's picture

Just got my unlock. I had tried one game prior, but because of the cards I drew, mostly I was doing Galvanize/Motivational, though I eventually had a Next Evolution out. No unlock.

My success involved lots of Lead from the Front/Next Evolution, though it started later in the game. I also got a lot of damage reduction through Fortitude and redirection through Smoke Bombs.

have unlocked the rest of the FV, so I cannot disprove that as a prerequisite.

Attachment(s): 
MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

My log, as promised.  I did already have the other four members.

Attachment(s): 

Submit your games here!

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

I have an account that has only FF Bunker Unlocked (been tired of playing Progeny, so been waiting to see how many I could unlock in one game). Once we're strongly confident on what the unlock conditions are, I'll run on that one to make sure there isn't a prereq of "Unlock all the other FV members first"

Kratos13

I still believe in my hypothesis about being able to unlock all freedom five members in a single game (after meeting prereqs).  Therefore I don’t believe an unlock condition should require other freedom five members unlocked.  But this is only a hypothesis...

Pages