The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

For a good time, kill The Chairman

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Melonball
For a good time, kill The Chairman

So about a week or so ago I noticed a thread about people's favorite teams and I threw up my dream team of Legacy, Tachyon, and The Visionary...but I wanted to put them to the test

As such I threw Expatriette into the mix and decided to beat the Chairman (on advance) in every evironment...the group synergized in a truuly disgusting manner and ran the gauntlent without ever losing (Visionary got incapacitated 1 game due to Brain Burn, but I regret nothing!) 

During this marathon I discovered something super special that I encourage you folks to try: Play The Chairman in Final Wateland, and let the envirnment deck eat and remove every character they have from the game.  It is simulationusly hilarious and rewarding.  Most fun I've had playing the game.  It was pure magic.

( Tangentially, I found Megalopolis and Ruins of Atlantis the most frustrating due to not being able to play cards sometimes.   Rook City while scary and brutal was more like a game of chicken...I would use the informants to bring out as much as the deck as possible before having to deal with the brutal Rook City deck, then use tachyon to lock down damage and have Visionary just hide in a cocoon for 3/4ths of the game so they could keep the 2 helper cards in play the whole game )

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Try the Matriarch in the Final Wasteland - that's satisfying too! The one time we deliberately played with that villain-environment match-up, the first card we drew was a Horrid Skunk Ape and the second was the Unforgiving Wasteland (followed by the Library and the Bunker though I can't remember which way round those two were). By the end of the game, the only target remaining in Lilian's deck was one lonely Carrion Field :D.

I can see the Chairman being a fun fight if the Wasteland can take out most of the Thugs - you just have to remember to let enough Underbosses get killed by heroes, otherwise the game will be unwinnable if too many of them get perma-killed.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)