The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Finally got around to beating Oblivaeon

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester
Finally got around to beating Oblivaeon

It's been a while since I've been here. When the Oblivaeon expansion was released, I had moved to another country and stopped playing Sentinels for a while. I had tried Oblivaeon a couple of times but just didn't get into it. Since we're still on lockdown, I decided to finally make an honest effort and get around to I guess actually completing Sentinels.

It took me a while, but I found a combination of cards that worked. I also abused mechanics. Fixer with Chekhov's Hair Dryer ended up being my MVP. He came in and took it from a dead Bunker. He managed to get Dual Crowbars and so was doing 7 irreducible energy damage to 2 targets. On top of that, Grandpa Legacy, inspired by his grandaughter's courage, used Inspiring Presence to make Mr. Fixer a force that can kill gods. Expat with an Infinity Cannon she had picked up off an unconscious Tempest helped as well. The final blow was delivered by Ra and his new pal T-Rex bot which had been given to him by Wraith before she had been defeated.

Grandpa Legs using two Take Downs in a row (Thank you dead Sanction) kept Final Form Oblivaeon from doing his bullshit every turn card play as the heroes unloaded. Expat used Tempest's Incapacitated power to keep him from doing any damage.

In the end, I'm not going to lie, I don't really like Oblivaeon. I don't find it an overall, enjoyable experience, but I'm glad I finally got around to finishing it. SOTM was a big part of 20's, and as I enter my 30's, it felt nice to be able to conclude its arc and story. And while I'm probably not going to play Oblivaeon again anytime soon, it was nice to see that final cinematic where he died, and the credits roll with the piano arrangements of the game's music. The multiverse was truly saved.

Well, I just felt the need to put this out somewhere, and this seemed the best place for it.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

Attachment(s): 
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Nice job on saving the multiverse. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Yeah, most games ended in complete environment destruction, and so to have my first win end with only one environment destroyed and only one team of heroes dead was pretty great.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.