The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Episode 88 of the Letters Page: The art and mechanics of incapacitation

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations
Episode 88 of the Letters Page: The art and mechanics of incapacitation

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Christopher: "We're going to go over every single one of the cards and talk about their incapacitated sides."

Me: "That's... over 200 cards...."

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I don’t see any problem with this.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I actually followed along with my collection of cards. It was fun! :)

And now we know for sure who Count Barzok is.

EDIT: Also, this was really useful from a fan designer perspective. I've always known that incap powers were meant to represent what the other heroes do now that one of their number is down, but actually visualizing what that means has never been easy. I've already got tons of ideas to redo my hero incap powers for better flavor instead of "well here's three random things and one's kind of like one her one-shots I guess".

DireAvenger20
DireAvenger20's picture
Playtester

"La Captain bound the two Hakas' together but this school bus is going to break that." This line had me laughing so hard.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

+1 from me for the entire "Roses are edgelord" tangent.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

I've updated all the character references in the wiki to confirm the identities of everyone for the art that's already in there.  There's still some missing art, though, and no one's started on Benchmark, Stuntman, Void Guard, or the OblivAeon heroes.  If anyone with the physical cards wants to do the rest, feel free; if not, I'll do up through Void Guard in a couple weeks when all the variants are on digital.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

BrianleWolfhunt
Playtester

Shame that 2/3s of my letter was just deleted. Oh well. they still read it.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Listening to them describe the Dark Watch Harpy abilities as helping out each remaining member of the Dark Watch team made me think - the Setback ability sets up BASE Setback's power, not Dark Watch Setback's power. Are the Dark Watch characters not meant to be played in their Dark Watch variants together? Maybe they are supposed to be sort of mixed and matched. This probably makes sense with Harpy joining the team about the same time as Faultless fixes Mister Fixer and Nightmist perishes.