The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Episode 79 of the Letters Page - Sentinel Comics Animated Universe Phase 2 Part 1

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations
Episode 79 of the Letters Page - Sentinel Comics Animated Universe Phase 2 Part 1

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

Gotta say, I'm really pleased by the unorthodox team-ups in this one:  Fixer and Absolute Zero, Bunker and Nightmist.  Makes for quite the interesting storytelling...

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Okay, suddenly I inexplicably want either a sentinel comics toy episode or a sentinel comics video game episode.

because that was a really minor part of this episode.

get on it patron users! Please.

His name is Sephiroth but his friends call him Sephie.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

What caught my interest was how different Ra seems to be in the animated 'verse than in the comics. Well, the card game. Dr. Blake Washington shows up way more, it would seem.

Also, the Todd Vito letter was inspired. XD

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

I was finding myself losing track a bit during this episode. I think I'd prefer to go more slowly and dive deeper into each episode.

Also, was that Doctor Dynnikov in the episode the same woman as (OblivAeon spoilers)Doctor Demikahv in the Fort Adamant deck?

Powerhound_2000

Yes it’s the same character

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Great hashtag, Gloomers. Great hashtag. cool

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Oh yes, hearing the name Dr. Demikov was exciting, and I can't even remember who she is. XD

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

TakeWalker wrote:

Oh yes, hearing the name Dr. Demikov was exciting, and I can't even remember who she is. XD

Mad scientist who's part of the Fort Adamant shenanigans during Termi-Nation.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

TakeWalker wrote:
Apparently it's spelled Dr. Demikahv (or at least that's the transliteration C&A chose).
dprcooke
dprcooke's picture
Playtester

This was once again a fun episode.  Couple of my random thoughts, in no particular order:

• The subtle sound of a fire that Trevor added when C&A were talking about Adam being on fire was a great little detail.
  • A giant lizard attacks a city, and the Easter egg is that the power plant belongs to the Comteh Energy Corp.  They should have gone with Tokyo Energy Corp or something like that.
  • Loved the character moments this season, especially Tyler Vance’s teaming-up-with-Nightmist-despite-being-afraid moment.
  • When they went over the episode “Revenance”, I originally misheard the title as “Reverance”… in my head-cannon there is now a disparation reality in which Fanatic was armoured in the revenant suit and she took on the hero name “Reverent”.
  • All those glowing red eyes are totally Omnitron.
starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

Enjoyed the episode, and Hollywood totes needs to make an actual SotM Animated series or two. C&A have already done all the hard work with writing the stories! ;)
Having said that, anyone else not seeing the podcast show up in the Google Play app? I had to listen to it directly and it seems that today's extrasode is having the same issue.

~Komori

mightyschoop

Same issue.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

dpt wrote:

Apparently it's spelled Dr. Demikahv (or at least that's the transliteration C&A chose).

Ah.

I'm surprised by how much the animators are willing to build up Omnitron with no payoff yet. :O I wonder when that will happen!

Powerhound_2000

It’s got to be the movie.  

Trajector
Trajector's picture

starkenburg_alexander wrote:

Enjoyed the episode, and Hollywood totes needs to make an actual SotM Animated series or two. C&A have already done all the hard work with writing the stories! ;)Having said that, anyone else not seeing the podcast show up in the Google Play app? I had to listen to it directly and it seems that today's extrasode is having the same issue.~Komori

Same here.
TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

It’s got to be the movie.  

Had that thought as I was typing the post. :) Guess we'll find out if and when the patrons come through!