The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Episode 4: The Ennead (Advanced)

151 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Wrest the Mind in this game is probably only good on the Dino, seeing as it is dead now Wrest the Mind will probably be fairly useless for awhile.

cmschex
Playtester

I think Precog is a good play this turn., especially since Warith has the Eyepiece in hand.  Depending on how much more set up we want, I can Ground Pound next turn and the Rampage the turn after

Kharnel
Kharnel's picture

Oh, I can totally take the extra 2. I was confused by Geb's damage, thought it was two "or"s. I'm thinking Fixer is probably going to go "blaze of glory" at the end of this game anyways.

Iron Legacy did nothing wrong.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Doesn't matter to me. I think the only issue is whoever takes it will have the lowest hero HP.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

cmschex
Playtester

Re Fixer:  If you let me know when you plan for play Bloody Knuckles, I can make sure to Rampage the turn before it's in play as to not hit you more.  Or If I Ground Pound next round you can play it safely

Kharnel
Kharnel's picture

I went ahead and edited, took the damage. I was thinking (stop me if this is a dumb idea), I could always Bloody Knuckles and then have Visionary pop it after my turn so I wouldn't have to worry about the extra damage.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I have no problem with that, it would only cost me an Enlighten. If Haka is going to Ground Pound, it would be a good idea to use it that round. Regardless I could always bring Bloody Knuckles or Ground Pound back after they are used.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Kharnel
Kharnel's picture

Ah, good point, I hadn't thought of the other use of Mental Divergence. Well, I guess we don't need to decide for sure just yet. Precognition definitely seems like the thing to do now, by next round we'll see if we're in enough danger to need a Ground Pound.

Mezike
Mezike's picture

i can put the eyepece out but i'm unlikely to want to use it over the knives just yet. out of interest, is Tempest going to be able to hit Nuit for 5 this turn? It might actually be better if Visionary goes on the attack if we can make sure of laying out Nuit this round. Then again, I don't have my cards right now so i'm not sure of what his incap is ;)

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

"At the Start of the environment turn, shuffle the environment trash into the environment deck." I do have Psychic Maelstrom I can play one the 1 DR is over with. Other than that, I would have to draw some cards.

Kharnel
Kharnel's picture

I think we're still waiting on what Tempest drew last turn with the Freedom power. Hopefully there will be a nuke or something.

Mezike
Mezike's picture

aye, I think we should wait for Tempest to finish out before we move any further forward as we are at a bit of a balance point regarding how we set ourselves up for this villain turn. I would definitely prefer to incap Nuit this round if we have the capability - what Visionary might lose on the DR I would only gain on the knives so it might be a good move depending on Tempest's capabilities

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

In that case I will take back the Precog and wait for Tempy.

ketigid

I know everyone is waiting for my move. However, due to some work arrangements, I won't see my Sentinels deck until Thursday evening.

Will someone help me with my draw (I need to draw 4 cards in total), then I can still make my play via the forums.

Thanks!

cmschex
Playtester

Tempest draws Cleansing Downpour, Reclaim from the Deep, Electrical Storm, Localized Hurricane

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

OK, it doesn't look like we can kill her this turn. Maelstrom of Precog?

cmschex
Playtester

Well, if Visionary could do one damage, Tempest could use Ball Lightning on her and then Wraith could finish her off

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Then I completely missed counted Maelstrom it is (missed the newest numbers). Editing my turn.

EDIT: Done.

EDIT2: Where is the best place to put Twist the Ether here?

ketigid

Tempest

HP: 18

Hand:  Reclaim from the Deep x 2, Into the Stratosphere, Ball Lightning, Cleansing Downpour, Electrical Storm, Localized Hurricane.

In Play: Gene-Bound Shackles

Trash: Shielding Winds

Additional Effects: +2 damage dealt by Tempest to highest villain target.

-----------------

Start of Hero Turn: None

Play a Card: Ball Lightning deals 4 lightning damage to Nuit - Nuit 2 HP.

Use a Power: none

Draw a Card: Otherworldly Resilience

End of Hero Turn: None

-----------------

HP: 18

Hand:  Reclaim from the Deep x 2, Into the Stratosphere, Cleansing Downpour, Electrical Storm, Localized Hurricane, Otherworldly Resilience.

In Play: Gene-Bound Shackles

Trash: Shielding Winds, Ball Lightning.

Additional Effects: +2 damage dealt by Tempest to highest villain target.

Kharnel
Kharnel's picture

Twist the Ether could go a couple of ways, seems like:

1. Put it on Haka to buff Rampage, let it hit Shu, mitigate the hero damage

2. Put it on Fixer preferably before an Overdrive

I guess Wraith could also use it to help with Shu's immunities, but Wraith is less set up for multiple damage sources at the moment. #1 is probably better short-term, #2 is better long-term since Fixer's hitting everyone will continue (fingers crossed). What do you guys think?

Mezike
Mezike's picture

Wraith puts the eyepiece into play, uses the knives to incap Nuit and deal 3 damage to each of isis and set, draws utility belt. At 13 HP i'm not sure Wraith will last much more than one maybe two rounds, especially if Haka goes on a rampage, so I will ditch stun bolt to kill off the smog as I need to suture next turn. I'm on a mobile device so will write up my turn properly tomorrow!

I agree that Fixer is the best recipient of Twist the Ether.

cmschex
Playtester

I will Ground Pound next round so that Wraith can Suture, Tempest can cleanse, etc

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Don't have smog in front of me, but I have a couple of cards I can dump. I have no problem Twisting Fixer, but there might be another option.Keep Stun Bolt, and Between Stun Bolt and Twisting one of the villians, we can nullify all of those "all heroes take 1 damage."

Mezike
Mezike's picture

cmschex wrote:

I will Ground Pound next round so that Wraith can Suture, Tempest can cleanse, etc

good-o. Depending on damage dealt by the Ennead this turn I might use the opportunity to put utility belt out so that I can start using the eyepiece to hopefully help in giving us a bit of respite from the damage we are taking, or to allow me to use grappling hook if we need it without slowing down on the damage dealing.

Mezike
Mezike's picture

well i can put stun bolts out after the utilty belt but may have to suture inbetween so might not get a chance to use it effectively. I think the net gain will probably be higher by giving it to fixer, so long as we can stay alive long enough to make use of it! Deck control might end up  being a bigger help over the next couple of rounds in manipulating how mich damage is being dealt by the villains.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I have 2 Precogs I plan on using right after Twist.

Mezike
Mezike's picture

as an addendum I think we have every chance of putting down at least two more of the ennead before they get a chance to deal damage again (after this turn) so i'm all for dishing out maximum damage over the next three rounds to set us up for the end game :-)

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Fixer it is, but I don't think you should dump Stun Bolt just yet.

Mezike
Mezike's picture

yes, i agree. If no-one else'can ditch a card I will toss'out the mega computer instead.

Kharnel
Kharnel's picture

Sorry, I'm not looking at my cards right now. Are we discussing discarding to get rid of the smog? Cause I can definitely lose Riveting Crane

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I can discard Wrest the Mind and Mass Levitation.

Mezike
Mezike's picture

so, a quick chat about strategy? Haka will Ground Pound, Visionary will twist Fixer who can then go into overdrive, Wraith will Utility Belt and double up on damage if it incaps villains, or use the eyepiece if not. Tempest..? And then maximum carnage the round after with visionary and/or wraith manipulating the villain deck as much as possible to minimise damage, Haka saving up the rampage for a grand finale?

Anyone in the cheap seats have any suggestions?

Kharnel
Kharnel's picture

Well, I go before Visionary, should I use Bloody Knuckles next turn since Haka is Ground Pounding?

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I would say yes to Bloddy Knuckles. Also, Tempy has Cleansing this turn, Electrical next (unless he draws a big hitter), and can use reclaim to get back Overdrive/Bloody Knuckles for Fixer, Ground Pound/Rampage for Haka, Psychic Maelstrom/Precognition for me, Ball Lightning for Tempy, and Combat Stance for Wrath.

Also, who needs Enlighten. I have a few cards to use the next couple of turns, so I don't need it right now. I am thinking Fixer so that he can get Harmony.

ketigid

If we're into carnage, Tempest can play Localized Hurricane to help out. Otherwise, Tempest will Cleansing Downpour.

Edit: Come to think of it, since Ground Pound is in play, I will go with Localized Hurricane to hit the highest hp villain with Shackles, then next turn have the option to repeat that or sacrifice Hurricane to draw cards if hp is dangerously low.

Mezike
Mezike's picture

returning ground pound might be a good idea, all their cards are one shots so there is no downside in using it as it effectively skips the villain turn (and with Time Cataclysm, quite possibly the environment turn too).

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

Time Cataclysm

In Play: Oppressive Smog

----------------------------------------------------------------

Start of Turn: Someone discards to destroy the Smog.

Play a Card: Tendrils of Madness - 7HP

End of Turn: Tendrils of Madness attack Haka - his Shielding is gone but his damage is boosted by 1 for a turn.

----------------------------------------------------------------

In Play: Tendrils of Madness - 7HP

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

Round 3

The Ennead (Advanced) - The Power of the Ennead

Nuit [S] - Incapacitated

Tefnut [H] - 24

Geb [H] - 27

Isis [H/A] - 16

Set [S][H] - 16

Osiris [A] - 22

Atum [A] - 23

Nephthys [H][A] - 23

Shu [S/H] - 20

Cards in Play: The Shrine of the Ennead

Trash: Taste of Immortality, The Desert's Wrath, Elemental Storm

Additional Effects:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Start of the Villain Turn: The Ennead character card flips; the environment trash is shuffed into the environment deck.

Play a Villain Card: Mass Overheating [S] - Destroy four equipment cards. Geb deals all heroes 4 damage.

Set causes a card to be played: Death's Grasp [A] - Isis (or Set) deals Wraith 4 damage.

Isis deals Wraith 4 damage.

Each player discards a card and deal themselves 1 damage. (This is where Wraith gets incapacitated, I believe.) (EDIT: And Mr. Fixer smashes them all instead of himself. Also this should be one; I mistakenly changed it to two when adjusting for that fact that I was forgetting about the +1 damage dealt by villains. EDIT EDIT: It is, however, two when Fixer has a Style which boosts his damage by 1 in play.)

Atum plays a [S] card: Sun's Fury [S] - Geb deals each hero 4 damage. 

Shu heals the Ennead for 1.

Nephthys heals the Ennead for 1.

End of the Villain Turn: The Ennead regain 3HP.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Nuit [S] - Incapacitated

Tefnut [H] - 27

Geb [H] - 30

Isis [H/A] - 19

Set [S][H] - 19

Osiris [A] - 25

Atum [A] - 26

Nephthys [H][A] - 26

Shu [S/H] - 23

Cards in Play: The Shrine of the Ennead

Trash: Taste of Immortality, The Desert's Wrath, Elemental Storm, Mass Overheating, Death's Grasp, Sun's Fury

Additional Effects in Play: +1 damage dealt by the Ennead.

-Reckless

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

So everyone tales 10 damage and has to discard a card. We also have to destroy 4 equipment cards. Hmmmm.....not feeling so confident anymore. Also some needed to discard a card for smog (I can do that if need be).

Kharnel
Kharnel's picture

Just one to get rid of smog? I'll discard Riveting Crane, never gonna use it. Then Pipe Wrench

EDIT: Crap, do we have enough equipment for me to save Jack Handle? Because I'm going to be useless without it

EDIT 2: God, what I wouldn't give for a Grease Gun . . .

EDIT 3: If I still have Jack Handle in play, don't I get a free shot at them instead of dealing damage to myself?

cmschex
Playtester

Warith has two, I can ditch Taiaha, and Tempest could ditch the Shackles to save Jack Handle.  In retrospect, should have ground pounded last turn, though it wouldnt have saved our equipment.  And yes, you should get to hit them all instead of yourself.

cmschex
Playtester

Haka will take a total of 7 damage thanks to Te Moko

Haka

HP: 23

Hand:  Dominion, Rampage, Ground Pound, Haka of Battle

In Play: Te Moko,

Trash: Haka of Shielding x 2, Taiaha, Punish the Weak (discarded to Osiris)

Additional Effects:

-----------------

Start of Hero Turn: nothing

Play a Card: Ground Pound, discarding Dominion and Haka of Battle

Use a Power: Crush Set for 3 (16 HP)

Draw a Card: Elbow Smash

End of Hero Turn:

-----------------

HP: 32

Hand:  Rampage, Elbow Smash, Dominion, Haka of Restoration

In Play: Te Moko, Ground Pound

Trash: Haka of Shielding x 2, Haka of Battle, Taiaha, Dominion, Punish the Weak

Additional Effects:

Kharnel
Kharnel's picture

Well, you couldn't have known we were going to take that much of a beating . . .

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

Fixed the villain post to account for Fixer's smashiness, and also for the fact that self-harm isn't boosted by villain damage boosts (though Haka still takes seven cos of the Tendrils).

-Reckless

Kharnel
Kharnel's picture

Mr Fixer

HP: 8

Hand:  Bloody Knuckles, Overdrive

In Play: Jack Handle, Grease Monkey Fist

Trash: Meditation, Pipe Wrench, Riveting Crane

Additional Effects:

-----------------

Start of Hero Turn:

Play a Card: Bloody Knuckles

Use a Power: Strike hits all for 4 damage (Tefnut 24, Geb 27, Isis 16, Set 13, Osiris 22, Atum 23, Nephthys 23, Shu 20)

Draw a Card: Harmony

End of Hero Turn:

-----------------

HP: 8

Hand: Overdrive, Harmony

In Play: Jack Handle, Grease Monkey Fist, Bloody Knuckles

Trash: Meditation, Pipe Wrench, Riveting Crane

Additional Effects:

-----------------

Well, there's Harmony, don't know how much difference it's going to make now.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Well I don't have my deck right now. Discarding Mass Levitation or Wrest the Mind (which one do you think?). Playing Twist (unless someone thinks I should Precog). Also if nobody needs the Enlighten I will take it.

Kharnel
Kharnel's picture

Probably Mass Levitation, unlikely it's going to be the environment that murders us at this point I'm guessing.

Twist for sure, since we're not taking damage it's less useful to Precog for now.

Haka, if you need to Rampage next turn, I give you permission to further bloody my knuckles hehe

Anyone know PoF Wraith's incap abilities? Anything that might make a difference?

cmschex
Playtester

-One Players draw a card

-Destroy 1 Environment Card

-Put an ongoing from one hero's trash on top of their deck

Hake would love Enlighten, especially if I'm going to get Ground Pound back.  Tempest doesn't have to worry about Reclaim this turn with Wraith's ability.  Also, Set should be at 13 after Fixer's strike

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Discarded Mass Levitation

Visionary

HP: 9

Hand:  Psychic Maelstrom, Telekinetic Cocoon, Mental Divergence, Wrest the Mind, Precognition x2, Twist the Ether

In Play: Mass Levitation

Trash: Prophetic Vision, Cerebral Hemorrhage, Brain Burn, Psychic Maelstrom, Mass Levitation

Additional Effects: None

-----------------

Start of Hero Turn: None

Play a Card: Twist the Ether on Fixer

Use a Power: Enlighten Haka

Draw a Card: Mind Spike

End of Hero Turn: None

-----------------

HP: 9

Hand:  Telekinetic Cocoon, Mental Divergence, Mass Levitation, Wrest the Mind, Precognition x2, Mind Spike

In Play: Mass Levitation, Twist the Ether

Trash: Prophetic Vision, Cerebral Hemorrhage, Brain Burn, Psychic Maelstrom, Wrest the Mind

Additional Effects: None

-----------------

Notes: 

cmschex
Playtester

Draw Dominion, Elbow Smash, discard one Elbow Smash

Pages