The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Episode 153 of the Letters Page: Creative Process: Legacy Supporting Cast

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations
Episode 153 of the Letters Page: Creative Process: Legacy Supporting Cast

Hey look it's that topic that we all really wanted and in no way was the vote influenced by Christopher and Adam 

https://theletterspage.libsyn.com/episode-153-creative-process-legacy-supporting-cast

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Actually kept notes this time! :D I'm surprised we didn't get a "Bimmy Jolson: Legacy's Friend" gag. :P

Hey, that issue with his friend came out my original birthmonth! :D

Oh man, the Letters Page letter writer personalities fandom is heating up!

Now I want to see a future-setting Disparation about "The Galaxy's Finest Legacy" or "Earth's Cosmic Legacy" or something. Traversing the vaccuum of space without need for air, food or water, able to communicate with all sapient beings... The sky is literally not the limit here!

It's good to finally have confirmation that there is indeed design space in SOTM for Terminus's Stained Badge.

The new outro is... wordy? A little weird that Anthony is introduced as "Christopher's brother" (though that's at least partially because everyone else gets to be "me"). The new outro theme at least is pleasant, and if nothing else, this seems to be a good time to unveil a new outro because we're moving into Publisher's Notes. It's a transition period!

Sea-Envy
Sea-Envy's picture

The Mutants and Masterminds character Christopher remembered is Doctor Metropolis

The mountain watches the freedom of the sea and cries. The sea looks at the stability of the mountain and sighs.

Escher

Regarding one of the answers to a listener question: I'm gonna disagree with the statement that it's never quite clear whether "prime" Guise can break the 4th wall or just guesses accurately.  If he wasn't breaking the 4th wall, then bottling the prime universe wouldn't make him suddenly super sane and able to focus his powers like never before, which is canonically what happens.  Being suddenly unable to see the 4th wall is what makes him able to achieve the Avatar State.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Or was that because of the Scholar's philosopher's stone? ;-) 

I like the new outro! :-D Surprised it doesn't mention the question submission page URL and their other contact methods, though, as the old one did. I assumed it was because those would be in the show notes, but they aren't. :-\  

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I hadn't noticed that.   I was missing the progeny theme for the outtro. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I found myself focusing on the snaps in "Christopher and Adam", but apparently those have always been there. c.c

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Was I the only one a tiny bit saddened at the whole bit of realizing that one of the nicest and kindest heroes in the Multiverse doesn't actually really have a person he can call a friend friend?

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

No, I definitely got a big "aww" after hearing "Legacy doesn't have any friends".

Like... aww, c'mon, big guy needs friend. :C

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I think he has a LOT of friends -- but we already know them. :-) At some point, most of the heroes of Earth have been in his backyard, eating and drinking and hanging out. He has a lot of people he can hang out with and confide in. Most of them happen to be heroes. 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Kid Radical

I felt that "aww" a bit also, but I think the key to remember is that he's probably not the only non-hero friend that Legacy has, but just the only one who's been relevant to the comics.

Legacy doesn't have a regular job or a secret identity, which are the two main generators of rich non-hero supporting casts. He might have neghborhood block-party bashes in addition to hero cookouts, but they're not part of plots really. He also might just be a real "work and family" kinda guy, one of those "my partner is my best friend" people who deeply and truly means it.

PS. When Adam was cleverly disguising the name of a popular comics hero as "Spiders-Man", am I the only one who was then thinking of this particular alternate version of said hero which Adam should definitely, definitely not think too much about? (Servere Spider Warning there, for any "no spiders please" folks)