The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Episode 135 of the Letters Page: Mystery Comics Vol. 2, Issue #109

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations
Episode 135 of the Letters Page: Mystery Comics Vol. 2, Issue #109

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Oh, man, that cover art.  I think this might be my favorite.  I now want that First Appearance Parse promo really, really badly.

Although I was amused that Adam said that 80's Adam would have loved this comic.  80's Adam was at most 5 years old.  What the hell were his parents doing letting him read stuff like this?

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Powerhound_2000

Who's to say Adam's parent knew he was reading it?

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

MindWanderer wrote:
Oh, man, that cover art.  I think this might be my favorite.  I now want that First Appearance Parse promo really, really badly.

I know, right? :D

I can't believe I never considered before that Parse might have changed or been rebooted over the course of Sentinel comics. Seeing that cover, she makes a lot more sense as a character now. All this time, I'd been imagining plus-sized programmer Parse doing all this dark, badass stuff!

Also, a solid ending gag. And how about that Cooltopia national anthem that's totally canon now? :D

Lefty is the hero we all deserve.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:
Who's to say Adam's parent knew he was reading it?

My daughter is 5 years old. A 5-year-old can't really sneak stuff past their parents, they're not clever enough and they stink at lying. It'll take a couple of years before she's up to that.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Powerhound_2000

I have my own 5 year old and there are certainly times he has been sneaky.  I agree on the lying though.  Regardless, it was just an aside line about something he would read and who knows how old he might have been when that comic would have interested him. 

Escher

I really like Lefty.  Since they started out with that "I feel REAL lucky!  Look at me, lucky guy!"  thing, Parse should always refer to him as "Lucky", which maybe ultimately culminates in his long term name being "Lucky Lefty" Young.  (Or "Lucky Lefty" Long, if you wanna go real Marvel-style on it.)